[Prelude and Announcements]
Silent Prayer and Piano Response
- Call to Worship — Psalm 103:1-5
- Opening Prayer and Gloria Patri
- Hymn #53, “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”
Psalter Reading — Psalm 8 (p. 788)
Heidelberg Catechism: Lord’s Day 1, Questions 1-2 (p. 862)
Congregational Prayer & Lord’s Prayer
- Hymn #303, “Blessed Jesus, at Your Word”
Reading of Holy Scripture — Revelation 21:1-5
Sermon: “All Things New”
Pastor Carl Gobelman
Presentation of Offerings (Offering plate will be available in foyer)
- Hymn #546, “The Sands of Time Are Sinking”
- Closing Prayer and Doxology
This Week: January 3, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am; Family Bible Study — 7:00 pm
Next Week: January 10, Worship — 10:00 am; Annual Meeting — 11:00 am
Sutton Community Home: Myrna Ulmer, Leoma Sisel
Henderson Care Center: Jeanine Fehr
Prayer Requests: Marsha Hendrikus (lump in throat, Bev Ochsner’s sister), Leoma Sisel, Arnie Boehler; Jeannine Fehr; Mercy Street Reformed Church (Denver); Omaha Reformed Church; Westminster Biblical Missions; Compassion Kenya; MERF; Reformed Faith & Life; Reformed churches in Kenya, Congo, and the Philippines; Philippine Student Seminary
Announcements: If you have any announcements for the Sunday bulletin, please call Pastor Gobelman, (847) 989-4676.
- This Sunday, January 3, 2021, we will continue our Family Bible Study through the Book of Revelation as we look at Revelation 3:7-13.
- This Wednesday, January 6, 2021, our ERC Lady’s Bible study will meet @ 1:00 PM in the church basement. We will be looking at ch. 7 in the Knowing the Bible study guide through Genesis.
- Next Sunday, January 10, 2021we will have our Annual Meeting immediately following the worship service.
- The next ERC Youth Fellowship will be on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 @ 7:00 PM at the parsonage. Invite your friends!
- Sunday, January 17, 2021, we will continue our Sunday School Bible study through the Book of Romans as we look at Romans 8:5-8.
- On Sunday, January 24, 2021, we will be holding our Coffee Fellowship following the service at the parsonage. All are welcome!
Offering & Attendance: December 25, 2020 (Christmas Day)
General Fund — $600.00
Synod/Classis — $856.00
Verly Hofmann Memorial Fund — $25.00
Attendance — 51; Communicant Members — 43
Offering & Attendance: December 27, 2020
General Fund — $6,660.00
Synod/Classis — $1,500.00
MERF — $155.00
Verly Hofmann Memorial Fund — $75.00
Attendance — 47; Communicant Members — 41
Offering Today: General Fund & Synod/Classis
Next Week: General Fund & Philippine Student Seminary