About this group
Inviting people to belong where we Engage Christ and others and are Equipped to see Transformed lives.Follow
- New Testament Blitz December 6th: 2 Corinthians 10-13 Paul defends his ministry today. Don’t miss the sarcastic tones in today’s reading. After taking in the whole account of Paul’s message, what is the thorn in his flesh? It might not be the obvious.
- New Testament Blitz December 5th: 2 Corinthians 5-9 Little bit longer reading today but still full of great teachings. What does the ministry of reconciliation look like?
- New Testament Blitz December 4th: 2 Corinthians 1-4. Here is the video to help you out.Watch: 2 Corinthians Bible Book Overview Video | BibleProject™2 Corinthians encourages believers to embrace and follow the way of Jesus that transforms lives and values generosity, humility, and weakness.bibleproject.com
- Wow! Where to start simply because there’s so many awesome passages. Actually can connect 2 passages —- 2 Corinth. 1:4 about the God who comforts us in all our afflictions so that we can comfort those who are in any affliction because we’ve been comforted by God. Then compare this with 2 Corinth 4: 7-9. How many times have we been perplexed at the things happening in our lives (my husbands repetitive questions are perplexing me right now— just kidding😊) but we are not crushed, driven to despair, not forsaken and not destroyed. As verse 17 says, these are “light momentary afflictions preparing us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.” He comforts us in all these afflictions, problems or challenges.
- New Testament Blitz December 3rd: 1 Corinthians 15-16 Finish off Paul’s letter and get ready for the next.
Donnelyn Ham — EditedGreat instructions at the conclusion of this book— to be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men (or women), be strong. Let all that we do be done in love. How different society would be if we followed that concept— to love your neighbor as yourself, and to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul and mind. I pray that during this Christmas season that those around us will know the reason for the season, and that we will be able to share what we have others, whether it be thru the bell ringers outside a store, or with a neighbor in need, with a family member we have butted heads with and haven’t communicated with in eons. Whether it is monetary or just a hug, may Jesus, the reason for the season, shine thru us.
- New Testament Blitz December 2nd: 1 Corinthians 12-14 If the other chapters were not challenging enough…these ones will be. These chapters are not to hard to understanding but extremely hard to live out. Be sure to journal and pray.
- Well, since I was raised pentecostal, obviously the discussion on gifts and tongues stuck out to me. ;) It's really easy to get so wrapped up in doing stuff for God that you forget it has to be done in love.
- Still happening tonight, Youth Group and Just Desserts. Rumor was that things were canceled, they are not, they are happening at Engage Church tonight. Just Desserts come enjoy the second to last episode of The Chosen, and have cheesecake. Youth - William will have pizza for y'all. See everyone tonight.
- New Testament Blitz December 1st: 1 Corinthians 9-11 Paul is defending his right to be called an apostle, along with some essential teachings. He also is teaching on some things that are contextual based. How do you discern between universal teachings verses specifics for that group at that time?
Donnelyn Ham — EditedHmmm! I don’t know if I want to comment on some of this. 😊 I have heard lots of discussion over the years re: the husband being the head of the household and the wife should therefore be submissive to him. However — read Ephesians 5:22-33, and it clarifies this subject clearer, in that, there is mutual love and respect for each other— and the husband “should love his wife as his own body”. It is all “to the glory of God”. I love I Corinthians 10:13– re: temptation. It is so true that every temptation we have encountered has not been isolated to just us. Another song we used to sing says— I’ve got the power in the name of Jesus, tho Satan tempts me, I will not be defeated. I’ve got the power, in the name of the Lord. Verse 13 says— “with the temptation he will provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it”. Thank you Jesus that He doesn’t leave us just hanging. There is power in the name of the Lord.
- True! I totally agree! Re: the submission issue, I've struggled and been angry with Paul over the years. I think I've settled on the idea that you can't take individual verses and sections of the Bible in isolation; the Bible is a whole message, and "the Word" is Jesus. So Jesus is the lens for interpreting this; how did Jesus treat women? How should people treat their spouses if they're modeling their behavior after Jesus?
- I want to thank everyone again My sister called me this morning and Damien doesn’t have to go back to Burlington for 2 months They are just going to watch him and go from there He is gaining weight so no feeding tube PRAYERS ANSWERED Thank you lord 🙏 but please pray for my sister her breast cancer may be back She has to make a appointment with her doctor We need lots of prayers Thank you everyone
- New Testament Blitz November 30th: 1 Corinthians 5-8 Today’s reading has some great challenges for us when we stop to analyze how we live out our faithfulness to Christ. How does your faith impact the way you live?
- My son in his infant years as a Christian used to justify things he did by quoting just the 1st part of I Corinthians 6:12– saying—- “All things are lawful.” It’s in the Bible, mom he’d say. Aha—- but let’s finish out that verse. “BUT not all things are helpful— (beneficial) . All things are lawful for me but I will not be dominated by anything.” Don’t we love to take scripture out of context to apply it to what we are doing. So how do we decide what is right and what isn’t. This is what reading the word of God is all about. Praying and asking the Holy Spirit for unveiling truth to us. And of course, there are our spiritual leaders. Right, Pastor Devin?!! 😊 I do have a question. I Corinthians 6:3 says— Do you not know that we are to judge angels? Explanation……!!!