Faith Community Church Servant Teams
Ephesians 6:7 "Serve wholeheartedly as if you are serving the Lord."
Colossians 3:24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."
As small parts of the congregation, the servant teams can provide friendship, fellowship, care, love, prayer, and help with needs for those on their servant team.
Besides serving one another in this capacity, they also work together on selected months to provide help on Sundays with
- Ushering and greeting
- Snacks and coffee
- Clean-up after church
- Communion set-up and communion assistants
Each team is led by a team leader to help organize your monthly serving and also to be available for prayer and concerns. They are your voice on the servant council.
If you are interested in being on a team - talk to the pastor!
- Greet people as they enter the church and hand out bulletins as they enter the sactuary
- Let families with small children that need a place to be with their small child know there is a room available for them and there is a speaker for them there to hear. (But children are always welcome in church.) There are also bags of things to do available for children to use during church.
- Count the number of people in church and in the nursery and put the number slip in the offering basket.
- On communion Sundays, usher people up to the altar 12-14 at a time from back to from on pass-through communion Sundays. Let the pastor know if someone can't come forward so communion can be brought to them.
- During the winter, would help if you could clean snow off the sidewalks for people.
- Snacks should be at the church at 10 A.M. Simple snacks are fine.
- Make coffee, set out needed cleaning supplies for serving.
- Everyone on the servant team helps clean up after snack time.
- Sweep or vacuum any visible dirt and crumbs in kitchen, fellowship area and church
- Wipe down tables, chairs and counters
- Return tables and chairs and counters
- Return tables and chairs to original locations
- Clean up and put away toys in nursery - don't forget the wastebasket!!!
- Wash and put away dishes
- Check restrooms - replace empty toilet paper and paper towels, clean sink area, empty garbage cans and replace new bags
- Take all tied garbage bags out to the dumpster
- Take used linens home to wash and bring back
- Make sure all the lights are off
- Leave restroom doors ajar in winter
- Lock the doors as you leave
- Dorothy Gibson has been teaching people how to set up and take down the communion table... needs to be done before church and clean up after
- Also need someone to assist the pastor during communion. You will serve the wine with the words "the blood of Christ shed for you." At the end of communion you will serve the pastor and give him a blessing.
- Also need someone to pick up the communion cups and help serve the pastor... a young person on the team can help with this.