General • Bellingham, WA • 10 members • 285 followers
About this group
Beta group for users of Faithlife and the Faithlife Study Bible.
- Hello , do you know if there is an issue with the FL messaging system? Several times recently I have tried to begin a new conversation with someone, but once I find them and try to add them to the "to" list, nothing happens. They don't ever appear in the list. I wonder if perhaps a person has to have his profile set up a certain way for someone else to PM them.
- Hello or , I have noticed an issue when trying to share a passage from the Lexham Bible Dictionary from Logos. If within Logos I try to share to Faithlife a LBD passage I get a link that looks like this: https://biblia.com/books/lbd/Faith but that one doesn't work. If I try to share the same passage from Biblia I get this: https://biblia.com/books/lbd/word/faith which will work OK. Can this be fixed, please? Thanks
- Hi... Is anyone from Faithlife still monitoring this page?
- Buenos días hermanos. Estoy utilizando Verbum última versión en Android. Y por ninguna parte me aparece el escaner de referencias. Esta característica es solo para IOS?
- Hey Faithlife folks (, , etc.) is there a problem with Reftagger? As I write this (Sunday evening), the scripture references in a thread of mine don't seem to be picked up.
- Hi , there are numerous verses in the last two posts in this thread:Eric SeelyeBearing shame and scoffing rude, In my place condemned He stood; Hallelujah! What a Savior!faithlife.com
- Jim, in addition, has put one above that isn't working either, at least not on my machine as I'm writing this.
- Thanks , I can reproduct. We'll investigate.
- I'm sorry but I found a few more issues with Newsletters. Here is the newsletter I'm currently working on: https://faithlife.com/elbaptist/newsletters/527143. It's the one scheduled for delivery on 11/27 at 12:00 pm. These are not all issues that I'm listing. There are some feature requests. :-) First, a text area does not maintain my selection if I save a text area to be aligned in the middle. If I save it, exit it, and go back in that area will stay left aligned. Second, we have calendar items that display when we preview it or do a test email that show an incorrect date. For example, we have Iron Men scheduled for every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm. In the newsletter preview and test email, it's displaying as scheduled for Friday, December 22nd when it should be Thursday, December 21st. It will also try and create that calendar event on my calendar for Friday and not Thursday. This is one bug we'd like to see fixed soon since this could easily misinform someone of an event. I also noticed that our Prayer and Bible Study is showing every Thursday when it's every Wednesday. Our Ladies Christmas Party is also showing for Friday, December 1st but is actually Thursday, November 30th. Third, this is not a bug but a feature request and that is the ability to add images to calendar items. Then to have the option to show or not show those images in the Newsletter. Fourth, as far as the calendar is concerned, when creating a repeating event we'd like the ability to delete one without deleting the entire series. Google calendar allows us to do that. For example, there are times we cancel our evening service which is regularly scheduled for every Sunday night. We'd prefer to not have to recreate that recurring calendar item every time we cancel one night. In closing, I want to say I'm pleased with the newsletter feature and we will be implementing it next week to replace our current one. Thank you for all the tools you provide for us to help minister to others and faithfully proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ. Lord bless!ELBC - Faithlifefaithlife.com
- I'm sorry but I'm not sure where the best place to post items about Faithlife. Should we do it here on the Faithlife Beta group or in the forums? Anyway, how do you do a mailto hyperlink in a text section of a Newsletter? Thank you!
- Thanks Michael! I've tried that but it doesn't work.
- Ah ok I see now. Yeah looks like an issue on our part. I'll see if we can get that taken care of, thanks!
- Thank you, Michael! You guys and gals at Faithlife are great! Have a blessed day and a Happy Thanksgiving!
- I'm creating a new group and I find that the banner photo won't stick. After I have clicked on "save" the next time I return the picture is gone.
- Hello or , can one of you guys have someone answer a question for me? I believe it is possible to specify certain bible versions in scripture references, so that Reftagger will ignore the user's default and display the scripture in the specified version. But, I can't remember the formatting to do it. Also, I don't know which versions will work. Can someone point me to the answers, please? Thanks!
- John 1:2 (LEB) Not sure what translations are supported, but I'd guess the list on biblia.comEnglish Standard VersionCLASSIC REFERENCE BIBLE CROSSWAY BIBLES A PUBLISHING MINISTRY OF GOOD NEWS PUBLISHERS WHEATON, ILLINOIS The Classic Reference Edition, English Standard Version® (ESV®) Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers All rights reserved. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers All rights reserved. ESV® Text Edition® (2016) Book Introductions, Center-Column Cross-Reference System
- Thanks, , that is a big help.
- Hey, , did you guys make a change to the FL display? The banner photos are stretched wider and the height is cut off. Also, the "tabs" are now over on the left instead of under the banner. Not sure it's an improvement.
- It should be a simple update, but I don't have a timeframe.
- Thanks... Would it be possible to receive some kind of a notification that this has been resolved?
- Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but as long as the image has been cropped to 2560x500 (or similar ratio) it should be fine.