General • Bellingham, WA • 66 members • 734 followers
About this group
- I'm the webmaster for our church. Are there resources for modifying the sermon page layout for WordPress? My church is requesting a means for weekly sermons to display smaller and in 3 columns instead of 1-column/1-row stacked and eating a lot of page real estate.
- Jim -- what we do is import each sermon as an individual post in WordPress. This lets us display it any way we like in our theme using any available WordPress tool for displaying posts (by category in this case). I used Zapier to set up an automatic RSS integration that pulls from FL Sermons and creates a post on WordPress.
- My Sermons are not displaying on my website. I have an embedded page on the website, but it is just saying Error. Any ideas?
- I preach from the RCL each week. I currently use the A Preacher's Guide for Lectionary Sermon Series. Would be worthwhile in the future if there was media and other resources aimed at Lectionary suggested Scripture.
- One place we provide lectionary content is the featured Thematic Outlines and the Featured Media on the main Sermons.Faithlife.com page. They are both updated each week and items are selected that relate to the verses coming up in future weeks for several lectionaries, including the RCL. Each section has 2-3 items for the upcoming week and then 1 for each of the next three weeks. Have you looked at those? How far out do you typically do your sermon preparation?