General • Bellingham, WA • 71 members • 840 followers
About this group
- Hi, How do I "add" a teacher to Sermons, so I can attribute the sermons properly? I've uploaded about a year's worth of past sermons in mp3 form, and we're continuing to build the catalog as we go. When I add the teacher's name to a sermon entry, I have to type it manually each time, and each time, it says "not found" or similar. Do I need to add each teacher into a database somewhere? Thanks!
- Hi again, group! When I click to change the cover image for a sermon series, it opens a blank window. Changing the cover image for a sermon works fine. Any idea what's going on?
- Thanks! I'm in a TeamViewer session with Slav at Faithlife Sites right now. Will check it out as soon as he's done.
- Hi, Group! Our church is just getting started with Faithlife Sermons... I haven't uploaded anything yet. I'm about to do a mass upload going back about a year, and am concerned with the order in which everything will display. I'd like to make sure everything sorts (and especially appears in our podcast feed) by the date of the sermon, not the upload date. Is there some metadata that I can assign to each mp3, or a setting in Faithlife Sermons, that will accomplish this? I'll eventually be uploading sermons even older than these, so the feed would be even more out of order if sorted by upload date. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!
- Mark Patey you may have used your personal feed instead of your church’s. When viewing your sermons, use the group picker on the left to filter to your group. Then use the ‘profile’ button to go view the church’s profile directly. This is the page you want to grab the feed for. Also, when editing sermons, you have a ‘published as’ dropdown which lets you choose which account owns it. I think in general you want the church group to own it and the pastor to be the speaker. However, we have some pastors/scholars that use the site to publish their sermons under their own account directly
- The feed should update immediately and be visible in chrome as xml. While podcast providers can take some time to reflect the change
- Jordan Sjodin I did exactly as you suggested, and it works! Beautiful :-) Thank you.
- Hi there. We use Proclaim to present and record our sermons, and Faithlife Live Streaming for streaming the service. I love the integration with Proclaim for publishing the sermons directly to Faithlife Sermons, however there are a couple of issues that I would like to see resolved. After publishing the audio sermon, we like to upload the video recording of the sermon for later viewing. This later viewing works well for viewing the video through Faithlife TV, however on the Faithlife Sermons website the sermon page plays back the Proclaim slides and audio video that was auto-generated, even though I have removed this from the Sermon. Since we use lower-thirds for our graphics, having a mostly black video doesn't make much sense, and having the actual video is preferred. As an example, this is the published sermon from Sunday https://sermons.faithlife.com/sermons/682646-jesus-the-prophet. If I click the play button on the sermon page it is the Proclaim 'video', but if I select the only video associated it plays the uploaded video correctly. Second, is it possible to have the 600MB limit for video uploads within the Faithlife platform? We are able to upload 720p videos, but would like to add 1080p video which come in at around 1GB for an hour-long sermon. The platform can obviously handle the larger sizes, as our live-stream recordings are saved and play back fine. Finally, a progress bar for uploads to the Sermons page would be handy. Currently we cannot see how far through the upload we are of the video. Thanks in advanceJesus the Prophetsermons.faithlife.com
- Thanks Bob Pritchett. We are recording the video locally through OBS, and it also sends the stream out to Faithlife. For now the request is for Faithlife Sermons to ignore the audio and slides "video" if we have uploaded another video (or if we remove the audio and slides "video" from the sermon).
- Hello. Can anyone give me some help as to why on iOS the thumbnails for several videos are not rendering, but on the computer they do? Notice "Session 2" has the thumbnail, but the others in the series do not. I have the same thumbnail selected in each session.
- Faithlife has a new site for receiving feedback, feedback.faithlife.com With this new site, we hope to be able to gain valuable insight from you all regarding Sermons and the features you would like to see! For sometime now, Proclaim and Logos have used UserVoice to receive feedback on features and gauge customer interest, however with this new site we now have one place to receive and manage feedback across all of our products! We may be able to integrate with your Faithlife account in the future, but for now you’ll need to sign in with a social account (Google, Facebook, or Twitter) or create a new FeedBear account. Check out the Faithlife Sermons board here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/faithlife-sermons Also, check out Phil Gons' post here for me details on the motivation behind our new feedback site: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/195030.aspx
- Hello Everyone! Do you know how can I add video o mp3 to my sermons? Thanks for your help! Juan Pablo
- I'm having a problem with Sermons and proclaim and Logos and Sites all talking with each other. This means that I'm having to go back in and do a bunch of stuff manually that I would hope could be automatic. Can I get a Faithlife person to reach out to me, because honestly the problems are too weird to type all out. Thanks!
- "Amen" became "I'm Mad"..... :(
- Did sermon transcription for the first time today and it just doesn't seem worth it. I would have been better off just transcribing it myself as I had to correct a ton of things. It has promise, but it has a very long way to go. I would like to see the ability to just transcribe manually.