General • Bellingham, WA • 69 members • 799 followers
About this group
- I love the easy way I can create a podcast from my sermon with Proclaim. But, I wish we could get some kind of statistics of how many people listen? Where they are listening? All other platforms I have looked at show at least some basic stats.
- You are right, but it is the only option I can think of.
- Part of me is wondering how we would get stats that are legit/helpful. Since a podcast feed is just an xml file.. I guess we could track how many times that file is downloaded, but who knows what kind of caching each podcast provider does. Same with the audio. I guess we could know each time someone tries to download the audio but that doesn't really correlate with 'listens' as the Podcast app can pre-download podcast episodes automatically. What kind of stats have you seen from other providers?
- They give stats for downloads, that is the only thing you can measure. Where, when, and on what device was the file downloaded.
- Hi there! I'm afraid we have made a mistake again, when publishing our sermon - we forgot to change the title, so overwrote the last week's one. Please can one of you lovely (patient) people at Faithlife help me (again!)
- Sorry for the confusion Penelope Birch, I didn't get the initial trouble at first. Try doing this, let's open up last weeks presentation for September 1st, and re-publish that recording. Then, you'll see a new presentation called "Recording for September 8th" - try opening up that sermon recording, changing the title, and republishing it. If all looks good from this process we can remove the other sermons https://sermons.faithlife.com
- Is there a way to have the podcast image change with every new sermon series that we upload, instead of having the same image for every sermon series?
- I published a sermon from Proclaim four hours ago and on the Faithlife.Sermons.com site under Files it says it is still processing. Is this normal? https://sermons.faithlife.com/sermons/434056-2-qanda-is-the-god-of-islam-the-same-god-that-christians'-worship2 Q&A Is the god of Islam, the same god that Christians' worship?Is the god of Islam, the same god that Christians' worship? It does not seem right to me, but that is what everyone is telling me. In this podcast, we look at what the Qur'an says about Christianity. The verses in the Qur'an we will be looking at are Surah 5:72-75 72. They do blaspheme who say: “(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary.” But said Christ: “O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.” Whoever joins other gods with Allah—Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. 73. They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them. 74. Why turn they not to Allah, and seek His forgiveness? For Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. 75. Christ the son of Mary was no more than an apostle; many were the aposermons.faithlife.com
- Hey Rev. Bob Wood This is normal behavior and something we plan on improving. We have a bunch of sermons we have thousands of sermons we have to push and to complete them we do it in a batch form. We typically say it'll be done within 24 hours. (publish on Sunday it's most likely done that night or Monday morning)