Organization • Bellingham, WA • 66 members • 8755 followers
About this group
Build your own church website using Faithlife Sites. https://sites.faithlife.comFollow
- If you built and published your church website with Faithlife Sites, share a link to your site by commenting on this post! That way, we can see some good examples and inspire one another. Thank you for the suggestion, Dennis Davis.
- Is there a way to place a reading plan on our website which is a Faithlife site?
- hi there, the pagination for the images on our church landing page (https://rainbowcovenant.church) has gone awry, and this shows up on all devices (mobile, tablet, desktop). We've not made any recent edits or changes to the website template. Could you kindly please assist with this? It is a little disconcerting for us that our church website (which is accessible to the public) can go awry on its own without our website admin even logging in.
- Hi Slav, please see the attached screenshot (with the red arrows). This is how our church landing page appears on a mobile device. The same problem is seen when we load the website on a tablet and a desktop. Thanks for your assistance.
- Hi, something has happened to the inside page template for Riverstones website. The home page looks fine, but the content of the inside pages has moved up into the main image. So the pics that should be in the white section of the pages are now in the header photo. I was editing the content on a couple of pages about an hour ago and it was fine when I left it. I just went in to do some more editing and it was like this: https://riverstones.org.nz/riverstones-men The row of photos should be in the white section of the page. This is not a page I edited. All the inside pages are the same so presumably it is the inside template that is affected. Regards Angela Goose, Riverstones Church
- Text is not rendering properly in the header of my website. Not really sure when this changed since last time I looked at our site everything was fine. As shown in the first screenshot. Text should be white on a dark background. But on the website the text is black, which makes it unreadable.
- The text on the header of my website as well as the widgets is defaulting to black so that it's hard to read. It will not change the text color when I select it in the editor. Also the sermon widget will not work when choosing to emphasize the current sermon. Won't even show up. Any thoughts?
- How would you do this? We need to have full screen video for in building and lower thirds for livestreaming. We currently use one computer for presentation and livestreaming. It has 4 different outputs = Main screen, presentation, OBS and confidence monitor. I have seen the update with virtual screens and thought about that, but not sure how to get lower thirds and full screen. Thanks
- Gary Priddy, let me give you the basics and then you can ask any questions you might have. We use the same computer to run OBS and Proclaim (and also control our lights). That computer has 3 video outputs: 1) to the monitor for the computer for the person operating the software to use, 2) Proclaim slides to our main projector for the congregation and 3) the confidence monitor at the back of the room for the worship team (and for me as I preach). We have also created a virtual NDI screen that we use for lower thirds for our streaming. In OBS we have 4 scenes set up: 1) Full Proclaim slides for pre and post service, 2) Singing scene with lyrics on lower thirds (more about that in a moment), 3) Preaching scene with Proclaim slides "picture in picture" to one side of the screen, 4) Camera only. We switch between scenes using Stage Direction cues in Proclaim. In order to get full slides that look good for the people and the room and which will also work for lower thirds, we put our lyrics at the bottom of our slides. Then we can use the Foreground only virtual screen for lower thirds in our streaming. A few screenshots will probably help you see this better.
- Pat Damiani , Thank you. Right now I am using a cropped version of what we show, what would be perfect is if I could move text box's on the virtual/NDI feed so that in person it would be centered and on the virtual I could make it lower thirds.
- hey there! trying to update our home page picture and a notification is coming up saying "Please allow cookies and popups to continue signing in.". I have checked all the cookie and pop up settings and saved them but still no change... any ideas??
- I ran into this as well on Chrome and ended up switching to a Brave web browser since Chrome was giving me the most troubles even after selecting allow all cookies. A possible work around, if you install the web browser, Brave, and to go to settings --> within the browser and disable cookie blocking. That should bypass the cookie popup window. I realize it isn't the most intuitive work around, but if you need to get something up and running asap, this might help.
- We have a site hosted elsewhere and are considering transitioning to Faithlife sites. Is there some way to make the FL site live without redirecting our live URL to it? We would like to have a pilot group give it a run and get some feedback. For the web design widget, are there any plans to enhance the tools or functionality on that? It seems lacking in some basic features like adding shapes or pictures or customizing colors outside of predefined themes. These are all basis WYSIWYG features that have existed for years on other web design tools. Or is it possible to design the pages outside of the FL editor tool and upload them to the FL site? Thanks in advance.
- Hello, HelloLFC -- You may create a free version of your Church website without transferring the domain to Faithlife. You may wait to transfer the domain you are currently using to Faithlife only when you are done building the site. Faithlife hosted sites are built with our Web Site Builder. We do plan to continue increasing its capabilities as time goes on.
- Just starting a faithlife website. Need more input from our staff and congregation but it's started.HomeWebsite for Lake Road Church of Christ, Gore, Oklahomalrcoc-b9.faithlifesites.com
- I am trying out the sites feature but every time I upload different pictures and then view the site I see the same stock photos from the template. I'm using the Alpha theme but the problem seems to be across all the designs I've tried.
- Hello Steve Wynkoop I will be leading a webinar in 45 minutes on getting started with Faithlife sites, and again next Wednesday, same time 10:30 AM PDT. If you would like to register you can do that here. https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PSgTVhDFTyedA2siwn0MiAWelcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Track Engagement and Stay Connected with Faithlife Equip's Church Management Features. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.Make sure no one slips through the cracks with the help of Faithlife Equip’s church management features. In this live webinar, you’ll learn how your church can lean on Faithlife to remember anniversaries and birthdays. Together we’ll set up your records so you can send group texts and emails at the same time. And we’ll show you how your online member directory can be a powerful tool to connect members. This live webinar is for churches that have subscribed to Faithlife Equip and those interested in trying Equip’s church management features. Main Topics: -Preparing and importing data -Keeping track of people and family records -Staying connected through “communication” -Setting up your online directory -Q&A (bring your questions!) Take a moment to invite your team to this webinar. By filling out this form, you’re opting in to hear from Faithlife. You can manage your preferences at any time.us02web.zoom.us