- Jul18Saturday, July 18th, 7:30 am – Sunday, July 19th, 2020, 12:00 pm (CDT)Fame Evangelical Church
2400 E 2100 North Rd, Moweaqua, IL 62550, USA
Please pray.My nephew Michael is in the hospital with acute pancreatitis. He is in excruciating pain. Pray for healing, but pray also for his salvation.
- He is home, still in a fair bit of pain - dealing with an infection; but apparently - thankfully not the Covid-19.
- hope he is better soon
- Michael is still dealing with bouts of pain that drive him to tears. I am praying that his heart will open to Jesus in addition to healing this agony.
- Welcome to the new Faithlife site for Fame Evangelical Church! Please join and watch here for updates as we navigate these strange times.
- Fame Evangelical Church published a newsletterReadFame Evangelical ChurchWhat Is Our Response?
Pastor Tom called for a special Elder's meeting March 19th to both pray over and discuss our response as a church to the COVID-19 event.
We took note of these issues.
- We are subject to the governing authority (Rom 13:1)
- In light of our governor's executive order (March 16, section 2) in line with prior CDC recommendations that no groups above 50 meet, and his subsequent request that the new CDC guideline eliminating groups above 10.
- And considering our President's guidelines that there be no groups of more than 10
- AND being mindful that our small church is largely in the 60+ at risk age group.
- The potential ramifications of doing nothing, or not acting soon enough weighed against the potential ramifications of over-responding.
THEREFORE Our elders, out of an abundance of caution have decided to cancel in person services at the church building on March 22 with an intention to observe the situation and make subsequent decisions based upon real time information.
- Fame Evangelical Church posted an announcement
The building is closed next week but the church is not.The elders have met tonight and we have determined that out of an abundance of caution we are not going to open the church building for the March 22nd services. We will still have a service with a morning message that will go live on youtube at 10 AM on Sunday. Please join with us at that time as we have service of worship together - even as we're apart. (Whoops, in the video I said March 23, obviously I meant the 22nd.) Check out the new church website at famechurch.netHomeWhere Faith and Family Come Together.famechurch.net
- This is an article worth reading in these times as we seek ways to serve the Lord by serving others: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/love-neighbor/A Practical Way to Love Your (Self-Isolated) NeighborA frightened world needs a fearless church.www.thegospelcoalition.org