About this group
F.I.T. Community Church exists to lead people into Faithful, Intentional, and Trusting relationships with Jesus.Follow
- Don’t let your emotional response override biblical truth. “My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.” Proverbs 2:1-5 ESV You can’t always trust your emotions when making a decision. But, you can always trust God’s Word. Store up God’s Word in your heart and as the daily struggles of life present themselves, you will be ready to fight fear with facts.
- Approve what God approves and reject what God rejects. “for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.” Hebrews 5:13-14 ESV The only way to know what God approves of or rejects, is to know His Word. The meat of the Word provides sustenance for our lives. Dive deeper into the Bible so that your ability to know the difference between right and wrong is strengthened. Evil will often disguise itself as something that is good. But God isn’t interested in your life being just good. God sacrificed His son Jesus so that you could have the best. Reject whatever it is this world is trying to offer you so that YOU can stand before God approved.
- Give sin an inch, and well, you know how it goes…. “Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?” 1 Corinthians 5:6 ESV Specifically, Paul is talking about the sin of pride. You might start out just a little prideful, but left unchecked, the sin of pride can take over your life. If you give any sin and inch it will eventually take a mile. It won’t just be something you do, it will become who you are. The truth is, God loves you way too much for sin to have control of you. So what can you do about sin? 👇 “Cleanse out the old leaven (sin)that you may be a new lump (forgiven), as you really are unleavened (saved). For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.” 1 Corinthians 5:7 ESV This is where you start praising God! 🙌
- What is it that controls you? “For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.” 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 ESV Mind control has never been easier these days. Teachers and coaches agree that repetition is the key to learning. Well, repetition is also the key to control. What you focus your thoughts on will determine what has control over your mind. If your mind is filled with the 24 hour news cycle then you will be controlled by the rhetoric of the media. On the other hand, if your mind is filled with the Holy, never failing, never changing, incorruptible Word of God, then the love of Christ will control you. So what’s the takeaway here? It’s simple. Turn off the news and pick up a bible. Take back control of your life, your thoughts, and your soul. Get back to the place in your heart where you know that God is still in control.
- The more you know the more you’re worth! “Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ” Philippians 3:8 ESV A true determination of your net worth shouldn’t be based on how much you own, but on Who you know. To Paul, nothing he possessed could compare to his knowledge of Christ. Even though Paul suffered and experienced loss, because of his love for Jesus, he gained exponentially more. Do you want to make an investment with a 100% guaranteed rate of return? Invest in Jesus and watch as your spiritual net worth skyrockets. You may not have all of the money, but the more you get to know Jesus, the more spiritually rich you become.
- The content you consume will determine the person you become. “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8 ESV A steady diet of the 24 hour news cycle combined with social media can pull your thoughts in many different directions. It’s hard to renew your mind with divine inspiration when you are exhausted from consuming cultures information. If you will make an effort to change the content you consume, God will reveal to you all the essential information needed to make you new. Think about these things.