Traces of Grace
Thoughts from Pastor Scott
I don't know how things are in your home, but in the Rambo household there is more than a little excitement today. The house smells of baking gingerbread and my nieces and nephews are coming over to decorate gingerbread men and women (and "ninjabread men" because, why not?). There is a growing pile of presents to give away under our Christmas tree. The excitement is palpable.
I hope that whatever your traditions are and wherever you find yourself celebrating Christmas this year, you can find a moment to remember the excitement that comes from the "good news of great joy" that is for all people everywhere. And, like the shepherds, that you can find someone, somewhere to share that good news with.
Wishing you hope, peace, joy, and love this Christmas,
Poinsettias have been placed in the sanctuary in honor or in memory of loved ones by members of the congregation. Lists of those who have been honored or remembered are available at the sanctuary entrances. If you ordered poinsettias, you are welcome to take them following the Christmas Eve service or after worship on December 26.
Worship on Christmas Eve 12/24 @ 7:00
We hope you will join us, either online or in person, as we gather to worship and celebrate the birth of Christ! The livestream will be available on our website. In person, masks are welcome, but not required and a portion of the sanctuary will be roped off (every other pew) for social distancing.
Boxes of offering envelopes for 2022 are in the back of the church. Please pick up at your earliest opportunity. Thank you.
The Church Office
The church office will be closed between Christmas and New Years Day to give our staff time to enjoy with their families. For any pastoral concerns during that time, please call Pastor Scott at
Thank you from the Neighborhood Ctr!
A huge thank you to all who gave toys and gift cards to the families served by the Neighborhood Center. It was a glorious day, watching families choose toys, books, and stocking stuffers to make their children’s Christmas special one. Soul Café even provided 60 stockings for kids in the after school program. Thanks to a wonderful animal organization, which has partnered with us, there were even free toys, treats and food for the pets in the family! It wouldn’t have happened without you! Wishing all a blessed Christmas!
The two Sundays following Christmas, December 26th and January 2nd, we will be having one combined service at 10 a.m. each week. Sunday school and fellowship time will resume January 9th.
Bus Trip - "Sight and Sound"
The show "David" will be at Sight and Sound on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, in Lancaster, PA. Also included is a meal at Shady Maple. The cost of the show and the meal is $122.00. The bus has a limited capacity and seats are being filled. A deposit of $22.00 must be paid to hold your spot. If you have any questions, please contact Pat Gunning.
Wee Soccer is back!
The Wee Soccer indoor program will begin on February 5th. There will be 2 age levels: Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd and 3rd grade groups. All games will be played on Saturday mornings in February beginning at 9:00am. You can sign up by calling or visiting the church office, Monday thru Thursday 10:00am to 1:00pm, or Saturday January 29th from 12:00-2:00 in church Parlor. There is a one-time registration fee of $10.00 per child which includes a shirt. For more information and to register your child, please call the church at (856) 858-1186. Thank you!
We praise God and thank Him for all the prayers that have been answered throughout this challenging time and also:
- For all God is doing, even in the smallest of details!
- For our freedom to worship together in person.
- For members of our church family who have recovered from surgeries, treatments and illnesses.
Verse of the Month - December
Pray for the Philippines
We received this update from a former member of our congregation, Bayani Alkuino, requesting prayer for their home region in the Philippines.
"Please include in your prayers our United Methodist brothers and sisters in the Philippines they just got hit by a super typhoon international name RAI. Local name Typhoon Odette. Where it pass through is where my home annual conference is. My parents are ok no big damages to our property and life. But some of our churches were heavily damaged. Thanks."
Please join with us in praying for the country as they recover and for the church as they minister and serve in the aftermath of this storm.
Pray for the Zooks!
Please pray for us throughout this transition and beyond, and would you also consider joining our support team in the following ways?
To contact us, or join our prayer team:
Shawn - email@example.com
Nicole - firstname.lastname@example.org
To join our financial support team:
(Monthly support & one-time gifts are tax-deductible)
(Choose “Shawn and Nicole Zook” for your designation)
Checks payable to "Amoveo Group;" add “Shawn and Nicole Zook” in the memo line. Mail to: PO Box 464, Media, PA 19063
Thank you for all your prayers and support!!
Prayer Warriors needed! If you would like to be part of this vital ministry, please call Shirley Latch, (856) 854-4777, or the church office, (856) 858-1186, and join our church prayer line. If there are any questions, please contact Shirley Latch. Thanks so much!
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have
received it, and it will be yours."
"Prayers in the Garden" has now been changed to "Prayers in the Parlor" during the colder months. It is a time to gather and pray over the requests of our congregation and happens every Monday through Thursday, beginning at 9:00am. Feel free to come and join us!
Please continue to pray for...our homebound members; our church members who are in need of spiritual, emotional and financial care; any families and relationships that have been strained during this time, our Troops and our Missionaries. The list is long, but God is BIG!
Please pray for the following:
- Pastor Scott & Meg - for the Lord's guidance & direction in all matters and decisions.
- The Zook Family as they look for a home and prepare for their new ministry.
- Jaime Frost, daughter of Harry & Linda Rameriz - serious health issues
- The Arnold Family in the passing of Arnie Arnold
- Jennie Berryhill - throat issues
- Ryan Chetty - Age 20 - Discharged from hospital/COVID
- Virginia Morrow - in the hospital
- Dave Hammond - cancer treatment
- Joan Steward - son-in-law has COVID
- Ella & Angie Patterson -brother Jack's seizures slow down
- Ryan Chetty - Age 20 - Discharged from hospital/COVID
- The Ollis family in the passing of Nancy Ollis
- Brian and Shauna Coffey
- Carol Harding - fell and suffering sprained ankle.
- Mary Emily Cameron - home from hospital - continued healing for leg infection.
- Dick McCloy - Classic Hodgkins Lymphoma having chemo every other week and leaky heart valves that need repaired
- Mary Ann McCloy - double vision and extreme dizziness
- Linda Adams' son-in-law - received a kidney transplant and is doing well.
- Linda Hamrick -continues to recover .
- Karen Kline, her son Craig, & his family - as he continues his cancer treatments.
- Nicholas Ferrara(Grandson of Charles & Joan)- presently serving in Saudi Arabia.
- Charles Ferrara
- Gus Mondatsos - pain management for his back was unsuccessful; visit with Orthopedic dr. set for end of Oct.
- Joel & Kay Shannon- grandson Andrew Sperry, helicopter pilot, has been recently deployed.
- SPRC - as they determine our staffing needs for the future.
- Our Missionaries
- God’s hand upon our towns, state and country and our elected leaders.
If you have any other prayer concerns or ways we can serve you please let us know. We desire to journey with you.
Remember, you are loved!
In His Grace,
The FUMC Staff