- Our latest sermon is available now!Colossians 2:11-15 - What Christ Did for UsIntroduction - What Paul means by saying we are complete in Christ in previous section 11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised…sermons.faithlife.com
- Lindsay started a discussionDiscussCritical Race Theory adopted by SBC
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I haven't been to service in awhile, so if this has already been addressed I apologize for rehashing; Doug could you comment on the current trajectory of the SBC and the Critical Race Theory issue that I keep seeing pop up in various ways online? Is our Church a member of the SBC? Thanks!
- Injustice seems to be rampant in our world. We have a long history of those who have power oppressing those who don’t. Nations rise and fall, and all of them are full of not only idolatry, but also greed, abuse, oppression, and injustice. Israel was no different. And God sent Amos to confront them for their sin and their refusal to repent. In so doing, God showed two major aspects of His character as the Judge of His Creation – He is both a just judge and, thankfully for us, a merciful judge As we think through the 9 chapters of Amos, there is a LOT to digest. God takes Israel to task for their abuse of others, for their idolatrous religion and for their rejection of His Word. AND THESE WERE GOD’S PEOPLE!!! It’s easy for us some times to look at these things and think, “Those terrible Israelites. How could they be so stupid?” But, I want you to slow down and look at your own life, not just our society, but your life. Are you guilty of the same types of things? Have you ignored injustice when you had an opportunity to change things? Have you felt superior to the beggar on the street corner when you could have helped instead? Have you pretended to be religious when your heart was far from God? Have you failed to pay attention to what God has to say in His Word when it makes you uncomfortable? All of these things are probably true of most church members today. And God is a just judge. But, thankfully, God is also a merciful judge. He has poured out His just wrath on His Son in the place of all those who have believed in Him. When we repent (turn) from our sins and come to Him in faith, we are forgiven and welcomed by Him! There is grace for those under the righteous judgment of God! So, as you go through this week and possibly contemplate the message of Amos, think about two things: 1) Thank God for His grace in forgiving those of us who, though guilty, have been covered by the blood of His Son. 2) Consider how you, as a forgiven sinner, should be as concerned for the plight of others as your God is. And what can you do about it? Go do it.
- Hosea - God's Unfailing LoveIntroduction - marital faithfulness Marriage vows: In most marriage ceremonies, there are promises made by each person to the other as they stand before God. These promises run the gamut of life’s circumstances - sickness and health, richer or poorer, adversity and prosperity, for better or for worse,…sermons.faithlife.com
- Matthew - The Gospel of the King1 “For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up,” Says the Lord of hosts, “That will leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise…sermons.faithlife.com
- Matthew 28:11-20: The Commission of the KingHe is risen! Go tell his disciples. This was the message that the angel gave to the women outside of the tomb. This was a message that would turn the world upside down. This is a message worth sharing. It is also a message that the enemies of our Lord hate. They will do anything to discount the resurrection…sermons.faithlife.com
- Update on me. All tests have been done and waiting for the doctor to get the biopsy results from my endoscopy and look at the Xrays to see what meds he wants to put me on or what. Still having trouble eating without pain and i just got off the scale and I'm down to 187. That's 20 lbs now that I've lost over the last 2 months. Trusting God and staying faithful, but starting to get worried