About this group
- Hey everyone, The bulletin is posted below. Adult Sunday School will be the final installment of the RC Sproul mini-series that we have been going through. One thing to note is that we are moving the Lord's Supper to next week, to Sunday August 1st, instead of Sunday August 8th. The reason for that is because I will be out of the pulpit on the 8th. Remember, Seni is preaching this week as I am in Fresno filling the pulpit and (trying) to take a few days off with the fam. Just one thing to be aware of, Seni recently moved to San Diego in hopes of being mentored by Rev. Noah Shepherd. I have had a couple of conversations with him, and he is naturally having a hard time with it all. I just want to give you all a heads up, so that you can encourage him and pray for him as he brings the word to you tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you all next week!
- Hey fam, Please keep a couple of things in prayer. The Kothman’s have received notice that they may have to evacuate. Please pray for the containment of the tamarack fire, that it would change course, and that the Kothman’s would have peace in this time. Also, please pray for Bus Archer and Megan Hemphill, who was with us two weeks ago, as they both are sick with COVID. There are a couple others with COVID in Fresno. Please pray for healing, a full recovery, and that there would be no more spread amongst their families. Thanks.
- Good morning! We have reason to hope this morning that the fire has been boxed in. Praise God! Please continue to pray for favorable conditions for aircraft to fly/fight. That is what is making this manageable. Thank you.
- Hey, I just realized that with everything happening so quick this week, that I failed to update Faithlife with what is happening. Below are the posts that I put up on the facebook group, along with a list of prayer requests that I put out yesterday. "Fam, Please pray for me as I fly out in the morning to San Diego, and please especially pray for the San Diego congregation and Noah's wife Gabby. This is the email that Ryan, our Clerk sent out this evening. Brothers, I am grieved to send this email. You all received notice that our brother, Noah Shepherd, was in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital in San Diego. This news was delivered to Mark Greene who owns the Shepherd’s house and was asked to check on them by Noah’s father. After talking with Eduardo late this evening, I learned there was a reported accidental shooting and Gabby, Noah’s wife, went willingly to the police station. We are unable to get any more information from the authorities, but local news reports indicate a man was accidentally shot by his wife and later died at the hospital. Aspects of the reports match what we have learned but certainty of this story being about them is not yet sure. Colin or I will let you know more details as we have them. We were told that Gabby’s mother has the children. Colin and I are flying to San Diego in the morning to be with the family, Eduardo, and the church. Lord willing, we will be able to have more answers. I know you will all be praying for this entire tragic and heartbreaking situation. Ryan Pastor Ryan Hemphill Treasure Valley RPC Mission" "Hey Fam, First off, I want to thank everyone for your support and your prayers, and your willingness to drop everything to help in this situation. I am thankful that we are a Church that reflects the self-giving love that Paul outlines in Philippians 2:1-4. This is truly a sign of the Spirit of Christ being at work within us. Just to update you all on a few things, so that you can know how to be supportive and in prayer: 1. Currently Gabby is expected to be charged with 1st degree murder. I'm not sure upon what basis they are charging her, but that is what the news reports are saying right now. She will be arraigned tomorrow, but it's expected to be delayed by the public defender. We plan on being at the arraignment. Please pray that either way, the truth would be known, and that justice would be done, and that all those affected would be sustained in what will most likely be a drawn out process. 2. I stopped by the detention facility to try to meet with Gabby, but was not able to per their quarantine policy. A Sheriff kindly took my info and said he would pass it to her to call me. I believe she tried to call me yesterday, but I missed it. I'm swinging by today to ask the Sheriff to do the same, and tell her to try again. Please pray that she calls either myself or Shanna. 3. Noah was an only child. I had a chance to speak with his mother last night. It was a heartbreaking conversation, but encouraging. At one point I told her that Ryan and I are the preachers, but she was the one preaching to us! She is a member of Macarthur's Church and is headed down today to get Noah's animals, and to possibly retrieve Noah's body (Shanna is going to help her round up the cats today - pray that goes well). She desires the funeral to be here, but cannot afford it. We are offering to have the Church cover everything. Please pray that things would come together for the funeral arrangements, and for Terry (Noah's mom). 4. Pray for Gabby's family. I met them last night. They are hurt and understandably angry. They currently have the children (Sam - 2, Joel - 1). Pray for them, and for the little ones. Sam seems very confused. I'm not sure what the long term plan is. 5. Finally, pray that Ryan and I, and the other elders, will have wisdom in supporting the Church at our prayer meeting this evening. The media keeps showing up everywhere, so there is also the issue of demanding privacy while also possibly using it as an opportunity to make the Gospel known. They have already asked for a live interview at the arraignment, which I am not agreeing to. Pray for wisdom there. Two other things. I know I mentioned before the "documentary" that Bob Hackett was going to make. Thankfully, the member of Bob's new Church that was going to make it, has publicly posted that he decided not to make it weeks ago, and will definitely not do so now as he doesn't want to add the pain. I'm thankful for this sign of grace and charity in such a difficult time. Noah was very distraught about the documentary, it is what he would want. Also, I'm deciding whether or not I should stay for the weekend or return. A big part of that is deciding what to do for the congregational meeting. One way or another it will happen soon, but I will keep you all posted. Thanks again. -Rev. "7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh." The New King James Version. (1982). (2 Co 4:7–11). Nashville: Thomas Nelson."
- Hey everyone, The bulletin is posted below. There is a new set up/breakdown schedule, along with a new nursery schedule. Please pay attention and take note of when you are assigned. Also, the TGB met this week and is calling for a congregation meeting on July 18th for the purpose of setting forth Mr. Greg Kothman as an Elder nominee before the congregation. The below motion was passed, and will be read from the pulpit for the next two Sundays. There will also be an overview of the budget at that meeting, however, no new budget will be proposed. See you tomorrow! "That the Great Basin TGB call a congregational meeting on Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 6:15 PM for the purpose of electing a ruling elder. The TGB will be nominating Mr. Greg Kothman. For communicant members unable to attend in person, such members are asked to mail their ballots to the Moderator of the Great Basin TGB (Rev. Colin Samul, 6909 Brahms Drive, Sun Valley, NV 89433) postmarked no later than Monday, July 12, 2021 (to ensure receipt prior to the meeting date). Each absentee member’s ballot should be sealed in an envelope with the member’s name on the outside, and a slip of paper on the inside with either (1) “Greg Kothman”, (2) another name, (3) “No,” or (4) “Abstain”. The Moderator of the TGB will collect ballots by roll call at the meeting, and those ballots which are provided via mail will be entered into the ballot when each member’s name is called."