Great Basin Reformed Presbyterian Church
9725 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 89511
Rev. Colin Samul Elder Greg Kothman
We welcome you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We hope you will be encouraged and edified, having heard Biblical
truth in love.
Great Basin RP is a member of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of
North America, one of the oldest denominations in the United States.
We are committed to the doctrines of Scripture and the formation of
loving community as a necessary fruit of the Gospel.
In light of the above, we believe that the most comprehensive and accurate summary of biblical teaching is found in the Westminster Confession of Faith, together with the Westminster Larger and
Shorter Catechisms. These documents were completed in 1647 as a summary of Christian belief and practice, with the desired intention of helping Christ’s church become unified in doctrine, government, and worship (John 17:11). In addition to the Westminster Standards, we also maintain the Testimony of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of
North America, which is our denomination’s own continuing and contemporary application of the Word of God to our current culture and context.
Set Up Schedule:
04/03 – Paul Adamson, Eric Churchill
04/10 - Owen Goggiano, Steve Pilcher
04/17 – Eric Maupin, Greg Kothman
04/24 – Eric Churchill & Miles Brazil
04/03 - Jordyn Brazil & Mele Samul
04/10 – Sandi Churchill & Evangeline Samul
04/17 - Kobi Kothman & Nate Kothman
04/24– Kelsey Pilcher & Sierra Kothman
Giving for the Month of April - $2147 (Goal - $5500)
Diaconal Fund - $663 (April - $559)
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker.
Great Basin Reformed Presbyterian Church
Today’s Schedule – April 17th, 2022
Catechism ...............................................................................2:30 PM
Evening Worship..................................................................4:30 PM
Psalm of the Month – Psalm 82A
ORDER OF WORSHIP
*Call to Worship/Greeting Psalm 136:1-9
*Praise Psalm 136A
*Prayer of Invocation
Reading of the Law Deuteronomy 5:1-21
Prayer of Confession
*Praise Psalm 25C
Scripture Reading Acts 14:19-15:5
Elder Greg Kothman
*Praise Psalm 33C
Prayer of Intercession
Scripture Reading Isaiah 43:1-13
Psalm of Preparation Psalm 119S (3,4)
Prayer of Illumination
Sermon - “God’s Perfect, Imperfect Witnesses”
*Psalm of Praise Psalm 142
*Tithes/Offerings to GBRPC can be placed in the donation box on the
back welcome table
God’s Perfect, Imperfect Witnesses (Isaiah 43:8-13)
Theme: God vindicates Himself by redeeming us through His sovereign grace; therefore we are to simply testify to that reality in our lives, in order to glorify Him.
The Assembly of the Courtroom (8-9a)
The Parties to the Case
The Question of the Case: The Identity of the One True God
The Reason for God summoning the blind and deaf (1 Cor. 1:27-29)
Application: God uses the weak and foolish things of the world to confound the wise; therefore our testimony is about His strength and wisdom, and not our own.
The Testimony of the Courtroom (9b-10)
God’s Challenge to the Nations: Prophesy the Future and
demonstrate the Truth
The Perfect, Imperfect Witnesses to God’s Truth and Power (Vs
Regeneration and the Experiential Knowledge of God (Eph. 1:18; Is
Application: Salvation by sovereign grace gives us a knowledge and
experience of God that wouldn’t be possible otherwise; therefore we are fit to be His witnesses, even in all our weaknesses.
The Verdict of the Courtroom (Vs 11-13)
God’s elect are witnesses to His Grace
God’s elect are witnesses to His Coming Judgment
Application: We are to glorify God by testifying of who He is and what He has done for us; thus sharing in His victory and warning of the judgment to come.
· Pray for Sandi’s Aunt Jackie who has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.
· Pray for Tobi Hackett, Chloe and Stephanie, and Danica Churchill as they work through the situation in Edmonton
· Pray for Andrew that he gets a better shift with his job so that he can worship with us each Lord’s Day.
· Pray for Allison’s grandparents, that their medical and living needs would be met.
· Pray for Allison’s friends Michelle and Mike whose son Jack needed intensive reconstructive surgery on His head. His surgery was rescheduled and was successful.
· Pray for wisdom for the Kothmans in dealing with parental health needs.
· Pray for Kobi’s friend Kim who had surgery for breast cancer.
· Pray for RP Church Planters and for Rev. Hemphill as he is beginning to church plant in Boise, ID.
· Continue to Pray and give thanks for Eric Maupin who has experienced some relief from long COVID symptoms
· Pray for Pastor’s Family friend, Mark, who has Kidney Cancer
· Pray for Randy who is a missionary in the Middle East
· Pray for Deacon Eric Mulder at the Edmonton, CA Congregation who has completed treatment and has his first post treatment MRI in April.
· Please pray for Rev. Jon Maginn with pain and sleep issues.
· Pray that Piper Macaluso would sleep through the night and give her mom some much needed rest!
· Pray for Tyler Macaluso’s father, Tony, who is carrying the weight of issues within his family.
· Pray for the Churchill’s Niece/Cousin Natalie
· Pray for Shanna’s Back and for the success of her treatments
· Pray for Pastor’s Uncle Tim who had a heart attack.
· Pray for Rev. Patrick McNeely’s wife Jaclyn who was recently diagnosed with a genetic condition known to produce cancer.
· Pray for Sandi’s Coworker Pam who was recently diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor.
This Week’s Congregational Prayers
Prayer for our Nation
· Pray that our leaders would come to know Christ and submit to him
· Pray for an end to Abortion
Prayer for our Church
· Pray for our spiritual and numerical growth
Prayer for our Presbytery
· Pray for our Church in Las Vegas and Rev. Edgar Ibarra
Prayer for our Denomination
· Pray for our upcoming Synod meeting
Prayer for Local Churches
· Pray for Fellowship Bible Church and Rev. Daniel Ruben
Prayer for Missions/Fraternal Denoms
· Pray for the RP in Japan
· Pray for persecuted brethren
This Week’s Confessional Meditation
1. Jesus Christ, as Mediator, governs all creatures and all their actions for His own glory. Submission is due to Him from all men and angels. All men, in every possible relation and condi- tion, are under obligation to promote His gracious purposes according to His law. The holy angels minister, under His direction, to the heirs of salvation.
Eph. 1:20-22; Heb. 2:8; Phil. 2:9-11; Ps. 2; Heb. 1:4.
2. Jesus Christ, as Head over all things for the sake of the Church, rules in perfect wisdom and justice over all parts of His creation including wicked men and devils. He makes them, and all their counsels and efforts, serve God’s glory in the plan of redemption. Rom. 8:28; Eph. 1:22-23; John 17:1-5; Luke 9:26.
3. We reject any teaching that denies or obscures the truth that Jesus is both God and man in two distinct natures and one person forever.
4. We reject any teaching that would place any mediator between Christ and man.
This Month at GBRPC
Today (04/17) – We welcome you as you join with our us in worship of the Triune God! If you are a regular visitor please reach out to Rev. Samul about the Faithlife App for giving and Church communication.
Mon. (04/18) – The Ladies Bible Study will be held at the White House at 6PM.
Weds. (04/20) – We will be having our prayer meeting at the Macaluso residence at 6PM.
Weds. (04/27) – The New Members Class will be held at the Macaluso’s residence at 6:30PM. The assigned reading will be the final two chapters of the RP Doctrine Book.
Sunday School will be on break from 6/19-9/4 this year
Significant Dates in the Congregation
Joshua Goggiano – 04/16/18
Ashley Maupin – 04/25
Abigail Kothman – 04/29
Braydon Pilcher – 04/30/17