Hope Now Cambodia | Send the Light
Missionary • 17 members
About this group
Send the LightFollow
- Welcome to our new group for Hope Now Cambodia. With all of the turmoil and chaos in our world, and the fact I deal with sensitive subjects, I determined it is best to move from Facebook (or as I’ve come to call it, FarceBook) to this more secure app. This is friendly territory with no censorship, fact checkers, or haters. It’s a safe place. This group may not be as large as before, but I have to go with principle over substance. Feel free to invite others to this group. It is open to the public. Faithlife is Christian owned. Faithlife is the maker of the powerful Logos Bible Software which I have used for decades. I am blessed to work alongside two wonderful men, Mout (pronounced like foot) and Van (pronounced Von). They have beautiful families and these two men care deeply for those we minister to. I also work alongside Dr. Tom Johnson. We have become great friends and co-laborers. He and his wife Anna have four adopted children and have lived in Phnom Penh for over 20 years. Thank you for joining me here. With much love, Roger
- Things are difficult in Cambodia.
- It’s going from bad to worse in Cambodia with mandatory vaccinations threatening to take place. https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/jabs-could-be-mandatory-pmJabs could be ‘mandatory’: PMPrime Minister Hun Sen has suggested that vaccination become “mandatory” if the rate of Covid-19 infection does not subside and that this policy – if adopted – would first be applied to Phnom Penh.www.phnompenhpost.com
- We love getting notes from our supporters. One said, "You have not heard from me for a while, but please know that you and the "Boys" in Cambodia have been on my mind and in my prayers for all this time. I just didn't know how to express myself and still don't really...our very best wishes and prayers to the precious men of GOD that are serving HIM in CAMBODIA, their mission field, and their families." And, "I have been thinking about this ministry, praying about what I might do. Yesterday one of our pastors preached in 1 John 3:14-18. I was caught on verse 17-- I have been blessed with some earthly goods and I want to share them knowing they come from a loving Father! Blessings to you and all you serve." These notes encourage us, and the men read them. Thank you!
- Due to "one" death from the China virus, the prime minister has order special crematoriums built to dispose of the anticipated dead. Messages from the government are creating mass paranoia and hysteria among the population who are believing lies. Here is a quote from the health minister: “These new Covid-19 variants are more contagious and deadly than the original strain and they can kill any person at any time." Our men are discouraged. Pray for them.Vigilance urged as Covid cases soarOfficials have reiterated calls for the public to remain vigilant as the number of Covid-19 cases linked to the February 20 community transmission continues to rise.www.phnompenhpost.com
- Money is what fuels the virus frenzy. So long as donations pour in the virus will remain.Donations pour in for gov’t fight against Covid-19Private donors have announced a donation of funds to the Cambodian government to assist with the ongoing battle against Covid-19.www.phnompenhpost.com
- Later next week, I will send a report on our ministry in Cambodia. In it, I mention there have been no deaths due to the virus. That may be because Cambodians have immunity from similar viruses they have contracted over the years. This week, however, one person is said to have died from the virus. This death has placed the entire country in a state of paranoia. Please read about it here: https://www.phnompenhpost.com/special-reports/record-wrecked-cambodia-comes-terms-first-covid-19-fatality. A scared population depends more on the government, which gives the government more power, freedoms disappear....we know the rest of the story. This power and control grab is being attempted all over the world. There must be demonic forces at work, and if these evil forces can get the population to bow the knee, it assures absolute power. The so-called "developing" nations are more prone to population control since they may be less aware of the truth. And the truth is hard to come by these days, even in the U.S. That is all to say, "Hope Now Cambodia" has stayed the course, preaching the truth and rightly dividing (2 Timothy 2:15) every day. Look for the spring edition of my Cambodia Report in about a week or so. If you do not receive the report, please send your home address to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support of our unique ministry!A record wrecked - Cambodia comes to terms with first Covid-19 fatalityAfter a year-long record of zero human loss, the Kingdom might have double down efforts to save her people and the economy by making several unaccustomed moveswww.phnompenhpost.com