Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
This newly-created position will be an integral part of the finance team ensuring that the team can and does consistently provide high-quality analytics and forward-visibility to management. Working closely with the Accounting Manager and CFO, the individual in this role will lead all reporting, budgeting and financial modeling efforts for Faithlife. This is a ‘working manager’ position that is part of a relatively small team, so the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will personally prepare many of the deliverables while also co-managing two team members that support the reporting and general accounting efforts.
Success in this position requires the ability to identify the appropriate ways to aggregate and present financial and non-financial data in a form that is most useful to operating management to make informed decisions. In addition to strong and self-reliant analysis skills, success also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work across varying levels in the organization.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with the appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance across products, channels, departments and other segments as appropriate
- Communicate financial and operational performance trends – both historical and forecasted – using appropriate metrics and identify key trends and resulting strategic implications
- Lead financial modeling and budgeting efforts to support the development and growth of the business
- Partner with the Accounting Manager to influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting closing and reporting processes through analytical review and trend analysis
- Prepare presentations for executive, management and various other critical meetings
- Maintain, control and ensure the continued effectiveness of various financial reporting and planning systems
- Managing and/or co-managing finance team members
The ideal candidate
- Has seven years of finance and accounting experience showing progression including responsibility for leading planning and analysis efforts
- Is naturally analytical, self-reliant and confident in identifying and maintaining financial and non-financial metrics and reporting necessary to make informed business decisions
- Holds, or is qualified to hold an active Certified Public Accounting license
- Has a strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP including, without limitation, statement and disclosure requirements and construction
- Does not need to be a developer, but is experienced in and enjoys using and administering business intelligence database systems and can clearly articulate how to optimize system performance
- Is crazy good with Excel and accounting, planning and reporting systems
- Clearly exhibits the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and excel in what is often a fast-paced work environment
- Effectively works with others across various levels of the organization and exhibits the ability to partner with others for mutual success
- Is detail-oriented with exceptional follow through
The really ideal candidate
- Is experienced analyzing technology products, including but not limited to, SaaS companies
- Worked in public accounting for several years, preferably with large regional or Big-4 firms
- Has a working knowledge of Dynamics GP and Solver BI360
Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software, along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.
The Company is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, Faithlife offers many unique benefits like flexible vacation scheduling, free espresso and soda, and an outdoor center with a kayak, snowshoes and even a couple of mopeds that employees can borrow!
This position is located near the water in beautiful downtown Bellingham, Washington. Please note that telecommuting will not be considered.