Software Developer, Payments (Bellingham, WA)
Faithlife is seeking an experienced payments engineer to join our engineering team, helping build out our payments platform. As an engineer on the payments team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the services and infrastructure that move funds for Faithlife. The ideal candidate has experience with payment systems or FinTech startups.
What we are looking for
- Direct experience working with payment processing, PCI compliance, and payment processing integration
- Ability to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Comfortable working in multiple layers of the stack
- Strong knowledge and experience with a strongly typed, object-oriented, coding language
- Able to take complete ownership over a bug, feature, or entire project and drive it to completion
Ideal candidates will have experience with
- Experience in risk and fraud detection
- Expertise in security
- Interest in innovations within the payments industry
- Experience with Restful API design and implementation
- Back-end experience with RDBMS, messaging and queuing systems, batch and scheduled tasks
- Strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
- Strong communication skills
Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software, along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Faithlife Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.
This is a full-time position at our office in Bellingham, WA. Please email your résumé, GitHub profile, StackOverflow profile and other contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.