Content Marketing Writer/Director
Faithlife’s mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. The company is unique because it delivers integrated value to its customers via its proprietary and leading edge software tools, community collaboration and rich digital content. Faithlife’s solutions portfolio connects users to the Word and to their communities.
The company launched its core product, Logos Bible Software, in 1992 to facilitate Christian Bible study for prosumers (pastors, scholars and thought leaders). The company is profitable with over 400,000 customers and a track record of successful product launches. In recent years the company has begun to diversify its offering to incorporate more multimedia content and new SaaS and mobile applications for churches and consumers.
Faithlife is looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager or Writer/Director with a background in social content production, to create product-centric content, marketing and advertising videos for the web. You would be primarily working to craft marketing videos for our brands like Logos Bible Software, Faithlife and Proclaim as well as developing new ways to engage and connect with our customers on social channels. It’s a role that not only requires great writing skills, with the ability to write in several different voices appropriate to different content pieces; but also depends on your ability to collaborate with others and drive projects from concept to completion.
A knowledge of the world of biblical studies and church workings is necessary. Our ideal candidate will be flexible and able to concept and create small social pieces that are executed by a one or two person team, as well as larger scale commercial projects that could have the support of a full production team.
Direct Reporting to: Executive Producer, Faithlife Films
- Experience developing concepts and directing video advertisements or commercial social content
- A passion to achieve business results with their work
- Knowledge of video and marketing analytics and how to utilize them to achieve marketing goals
- Knowledge of commercial content specs and features of major social platforms
- The ability to convey a vision for a creative piece and guide a team in execution
- Strong storytelling and script writing skills
- The ability to draft a proposed budget based on a creative brief
- This position will require a certain amount of travel
Nice to have:
- A strong aesthetic sense for film/video and basic understanding of lighting and camera techniques
- Experience marketing apps or other direct to consumer software
- Experience interacting with executives regarding creative and budgetary decisions
- Experience directing motion graphics artists or 3D artists
- Experience crafting feedback for remote collaborators
To be a proper fit at Faithlife you will:
- Understand and interact with technology
- Have the ability to thrive in a high energy workplace
Faithlife’s in-house creative team is comprised of graphic designers, motion designers and film producers.
Attractive Vertical Market
The Christian market is underserved by the traditional providers of content and collaboration tools. Comprised of 6 million prosumers, 3 million churches and over 2 billion consumers, these faith-oriented users require tailored functionality, selective content and secure communications. Today, users must find appropriate content and then piece together a conversation and workflows among their community which is laborious and ineffective.
Faithlife’s strategy is to fulfill these market needs and become the platform provider.
Differentiated Value Proposition
Faithlife products make life simpler and more convenient while providing education across the devices that users love to use. The company’s products save time for users while simultaneously providing deeper content and connecting people. Its integrated suite of software and rich content enables a pastor, teacher or church leader to easily search extensive libraries, develop insight, and share it with their community. Beyond their extraordinary effectiveness, Faithlife products are interesting, fun and engaging with embedded communications that create a networking effect across every type of user.
All of Faithlife’s products and services are backed by its purpose-built technology platform. The platform efficiently delivers enriched content to any device and securely integrates all of the user’s activities through the cloud.
Faithlife is focused on becoming the premier platform serving the Christian market across multiple customer segments, products and digital content categories. As a result, it is seeking new leaders to join the team and take the company to the next level of growth, capability and market position.
Faithlife is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment.
This position is located in Bellingham, WA.