Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software (LOGOS), along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.
This is a mid-level position that will work closely with the copy team lead and director of communications. The work will vary from production writing, such as sales emails, landing pages, and ads to high level idea generation and strategy implementation to support overall business goals. This person is responsible for ensuring the copy communicates clearly and achieves establish project goals. They will own assigned projects and lines of business, knowing the customer, audience, and value proposition. They will work collaborative across a multi-functional team of designers, project managers, and marketing specialists.
Reports to the Director of Communications.
- Serve as copywriter and lead for specific lines of business or project areas as assigned
- Understand the positioning of each brand; become the subject matter expert for assigned categories
- Write short- and long-form copy across multiple marketing channels, including display ads, blog posts, emails, landing pages, and other marketing collateral
- Edit peer’s work, checking for effectiveness, grammar, spelling, and adherence to corporate voice
- Write blog posts in support of content marketing strategy
- Write sequential email series in collaboration with email strategist and copy team lead
- Write persuasive long form content pieces, including case studies, ebooks, and white papers
- Review and approve copy as requested. Proofread final assets
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- Is as passionate about the craft of writing as they are about measurable results
- Demonstrates ownership of projects and isn’t afraid to make their voice heard
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Has a growth mindset and is eager to learn from colleagues
- Loves collaboration and seeks feedback early and often
- 4+ years of copywriting or related experience with agency or in-house
- Online portfolio of work demonstrating a range of experience and creativity
- Familiarity with the faith market preferred
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Google suite
- Experience with project tracking programs
- Experience following brand guides and The Chicago Manual of Style
- Critical thinker and communicator who works well with cross-functional teams; can present copy best practices and defend messaging choices
- Demonstrated ability to influence and affect customer perceptions and behavior with compelling stories
- Proven ability to adapt writing to various consumer audiences and product categories
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple deliverables and meet aggressive deadlines
- Advertising or marketing background
- Experience writing for consumer technology
Faithlife is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment.
This is a full-time position located in Bellingham, WA. Remote candidates will also be considered.
Just email us your resume and cover letter.