Customer Experience and Engagement Manager
Location: Bellingham, WA. Remote candidates not accepted.
Faithlife’s mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. The company is unique because it delivers integrated value to its customers via its proprietary and leading edge software tools, community collaboration and rich digital content. Faithlife’s solutions portfolio connects users to the Word and to their communities.
The company launched its core product, Logos Bible Software, in 1992 to facilitate Christian Bible study for prosumers (pastors, scholars and thought leaders). The company is profitable with over 400,000 customers and a track record of successful product launches. In recent years the company has begun to diversify its offering to incorporate more multimedia content and new SaaS and mobile applications for churches and consumers.
Attractive Vertical Market
The Christian market is underserved by the traditional providers of content and collaboration tools. Comprised of 6 million prosumers, 3 million churches and over 2 billion consumers, these faith-oriented users require tailored functionality, selective content and secure communications. Today, users must find appropriate content and then piece together a conversation and workflows among their community which is laborious and ineffective. Faithlife’s strategy is to fulfill these market needs and become the platform provider.
Differentiated Value Proposition
Faithlife products make life simpler and more convenient while providing education across the devices that users love to use. The company’s products save time for users while simultaneously providing deeper content and connecting people. Its integrated suite of software and rich content enables a pastor, teacher or church leader to easily search extensive libraries, develop insight, and share it with their community. Beyond their extraordinary effectiveness, Faithlife products are interesting, fun and engaging with embedded communications that create a networking effect across every type of user.
All of Faithlife’s products and services are backed by its purpose-built technology platform. The platform efficiently delivers enriched content to any device and securely integrates all of the user’s activities through the cloud.
Faithlife is focused on becoming the premier platform serving the Christian market across multiple customer segments, products and digital content categories. As a result, it is seeking new leaders to join the team and take the company to the next level of growth, capability and market position.
Faithlife is looking for a strategic thinker who can work across teams to optimize the customer experience with Faithlife and our products, establish us as a leader in the church technology space, and make us known as a brand dedicated to exceptional customer relationships.
You must be creative, sharp, and fast since you will be expected to work in a fast-paced organization. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and knows how to inspire and influence others to ensure the work is completed on time. You must be a strong and analytical problem solver, someone who can think through and bring clarity to complex problems and projects. To succeed in this role, you will need to be adept at matrix management and be effective in influencing and motivating teams to improve their work product with the customer in mind.
Direct Reporting to: Director of Marketing Operations and Customer Experience
- Manage the customer journey and end-to-end experience, working with marketing managers to ensure we’re delivering campaign content to the right people at the right time, always acting as champion for the customer.
- Work closely with the product teams to ensure that product level Go To Market strategies align with a larger Go To Market strategy designed to drive awareness and adoption of the Faithlife platform.
- Work with and mentor marketing managers, channel owners, and project coordinators to ensure the end-to-end customer experience is being considered and optimized across all work.
- Work with marketing managers to identify campaign opportunities and pull together activities to develop an integrated experience, where target audiences experience multiple touches throughout the buyer’s journey focused on content and products relevant to the customer at appropriate times.
- Focus attention on the “post-conversion” portion of the customer acquisition funnel, ensuring customers are being successfully onboarded and set up for maximum lifetime value through churn mitigation and subsequent cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Manage the business using customer lifecycle stage reporting and customer acquisition funnel based reporting, sharing accountability with the New Products Marketing Manager for users’ progression through both.
- Work closely with the business intelligence team to align on measurement and define ongoing reporting needs to properly manage the customer lifecycle journey.
- Work with Content Marketing lead to identify core messaging and ground-level insight and directly build sales and lead generation funnels for multiple channels, while recommending highly relevant and engaging content that resonates with prospects.
- Work with the content team to develop a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Establish and monitor campaign KPIs and success metrics through a deep understanding of business objectives, cross-functional team goals, and relevant corporate objectives.
- Remain knowledgeable of internal company marketing initiatives, major announcements, content creation, and events.
- Identify customer experience issues, propose solutions, and escalate to the relevant stakeholders for quick and appropriate resolution.
- 5+ Years in a B2B marketing role supporting a solution-based sales organization
- 3+ years in a B2C direct consumer marketing organization
- Ability to influence teams and results within a matrix managed organization
- Ability to bring strategic thinking that maximizes the impact of tactical work
- Strong mentoring skills and a willingness to grow the expertise of the marketing department
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well organized, flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of internal management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Outlook
- Experience in software and SaaS marketing preferred
- Experience with Jira or other project management tool preferred
- Experience with email marketing tools preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics preferred
- 1+ years of experience in project management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
To be a proper fit at Faithlife you will:
- Build capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Create a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establish trust and inspire others.
- Make effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with Faithlife’s values and ethics.
- Deliver on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champion the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Use business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidate information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Consider the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Foster change in company direction.
- Effectively plan and execute changes.
Faithlife is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment.
Just email us your resume and cover letter.