Faithlife’s mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. The company is unique because it delivers integrated value to its customers via its proprietary and leading edge software tools, community collaboration and rich digital content. Faithlife’s solutions portfolio connects users to the Word and to their communities. The company launched its core product, Logos Bible Software, in 1992 to facilitate Christian Bible study for prosumers (pastors, scholars and thought leaders). The company is profitable with over 400,000 customers and a track record of successful product launches. In recent years the company has begun to diversify its offering to incorporate more multi-media content and new SaaS and mobile applications for churches and consumers.
Attractive Vertical Market
The Christian market is underserved by the traditional providers of content and collaboration tools. Comprised of 6 million prosumers, 3 million churches and over 2 billion consumers, these faith-oriented users require tailored functionality, selective content and secure communications. Today, users must find appropriate content and then piece together a conversation and workflows among their community which is laborious and ineffective. Faithlife’s strategy is to fulfill these market needs and become the platform provider.
Differentiated Value Proposition
Faithlife products make life simpler and more convenient while providing education across the devices that users love to use. The company’s products save time for users while simultaneously providing deeper content and connecting people. Its integrated suite of software and rich content enables a pastor, teacher or church leader to easily search extensive libraries, develop insight, and share it with their community. Beyond their extraordinary effectiveness, Faithlife products are interesting, fun and engaging with embedded communications that create a networking effect across every type of user.
All Faithlife’s products and services are backed by its purpose-built technology platform. The platform efficiently delivers enriched content to any device and securely integrates all the user’s activities through the cloud.
Faithlife is focused on becoming the premier platform serving the Christian market across multiple customer segments, products and digital content categories. As a result, it is seeking new leaders to join the team and take the company to the next level of growth, capability and market position.
We are looking for a strong Front-end developer to join our Marketing Commerce team. You will be part of our marketing shared services organization and work closely with our back end development team with the primary responsibility of building the ‘client-side’ of our marketing centric web applications. You will be the primary individual responsible for ensuring the design teams visions for pages are well executed online whether by coding the pages themselves or by coding style guides and templates that others in the marketing organization will use.
We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
- You will be part of a shared marketing services team, responsible for delivering high quality, responsive web pages, with dynamically generated content.
- As new sites are built, you will be responsible for creating style guides that allow other marketing team staff to build pages using our CMS with pre-populated page elements.
- You will work closely with our commerce development teams to ensure code is well written, reviewed, and up to Faithlife standards.
- Very strong experience with HTML / XHTML, CSS
- Experience coding Mobile and Desktop Responsive experiences
- Experience with source control and version control tools (preferably GIT)
- Experience converting design files (PSD, Sketch) to HTML/CSS
- Converting Design Prototypes (Webflow, Zeplin) to HTML/CSS
- Experience with XML, Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- E-commerce integration using Liquid markup
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience with front end web application development
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and deliver measurable results in an aggressive production environment
- Must be self-motivated and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented
- Must be able to succeed in a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated interest in, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for Internet technologies
To be a great fit at Faithlife you will:
- Build capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts
- Create a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best. Establish trust and inspires others
- Make effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with Faithlife’s values and ethics
- Deliver on commitments and holds others to same
- Champion the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest
- Use business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidate information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Consider the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Foster change in company direction
- Effectively plan and execute changes
This is a full time position, located in beautiful downtown Bellingham, Washington.
Please send your resume by email. Send by mail to:
Attn: Jobs—Front-End Developer, Marketing
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307