Faithlife ProMedia Photographer
Faithlife’s mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. The company is unique because it delivers integrated value to its customers via its proprietary and leading edge software tools, community collaboration and rich digital content. Faithlife’s solutions portfolio connects users to the Word and to their communities.
The company launched its core product, Logos Bible Software, in 1992 to facilitate Christian Bible study for prosumers (pastors, scholars and thought leaders). The company is profitable with over 400,000 customers and a track record of successful product launches. In recent years, the company has begun to diversify its offering to incorporate more multi-media content and new SaaS and mobile applications for churches and consumers.
Faithlife is looking for a motivated and passionate candidate to join our content production team as Photographer supporting Faithlife Proclaim Promedia.
Directly Reporting to: Head of Design
- Perform in-studio and lifestyle shoots to create a consistently growing library of images using a diversity of styles
- Work independently and confidently in the areas of lighting, on-set direction, visual aesthetics, and technical problem-solving
- Source talent, props and locations independently and working in collaboration with in-house producers and art directors
- Collaborate with art directors on the team to effectively bring their visions to life
- Troubleshoot on-set photography challenges decisively
- Execute creative direction and articulate rationale for decisions in support of on-brand vision
- Improve processes for studio performance against operational metrics and budget
- Innovate ways to shoot new categories or initiatives
- Follow new processes and provide feedback to ensure successful implementation
- Complete post production on images including retouching, color correction and delivery for a variety of use cases and formatting
- Manage multiple timelines and deliverables with sometimes shifting prioritization
Example subjects for shoots:
- Church building specific/still life (pews, pulpit, soundboard, facilities, nursery)
- Church event specific/still life (picnic, communion, baptism, worship practice)
- General Christian topical/still life (bibles, study, crosses, praying, singing)
- Church lifestyle/people (small groups, welcome volunteers, prayer, visiting, families)
- Excellent command of lighting and camera gear
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast paced setting, and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with other team members
- Experience working independently or in small teams in a content studio or commercial photography environment/li>
- Experience concepting and leading stock photography shoots
To be a proper fit at Faithlife you will:
- Understand and interact with technology
- Have the ability to thrive in a high energy workplace
Faithlife is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment.
This is a half-time position located in Bellingham, WA. Remote candidates will also be considered.
Just email us your resume and cover letter.