This newly-created position will be an integral part of the compliance team ensuring that the team can and does consistently prevent and/or reduce the impact of financial loss while ensuring profitability. The Risk Investigator is responsible for investigating all risks associated with the lifecycle of a sub-merchant from initial underwriting, ongoing transaction monitoring, and chargeback and revocation management. The Risk Investigator will follow all of Faithlife Corporation's appropriate policies and guidelines to promote overall financial compliance and mitigate reputational risk exposures to the company.
Success in this position requires the ability to identify new and evolving threats to the payments environment with the goal of quickly deploying countermeasures to prevent compromises and financial loss. The right individual will be able to communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally) with internal and external stakeholders. In addition to working well independently, success also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work across varying levels in the organization.
- Review potential and existing customer requests to gather information required to make a comprehensive assessment of creditworthiness, risk, and mitigation.
- Work with potential and existing customers to gather additional documentation as needed and answer inquiries regarding decision issues ensuring timely approval and review of files.
- Recommend and develop enhancements, sources and resources to assist in the review/underwriting process.
- Complete daily operations and processes relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work exception reports and will make recommendations to mitigate risks, initiate and approve funding releases and holds.
- Investigate credit card charges disputed by the account holder and educate customers on best practices. Tracks chargebacks and refers fraudulent activity appropriately.
- Work on assigned tasks or projects relating to operational efficiency and control optimization.
- Perform other critical job functions as assigned related to customer service, underwriting, or compliance.
- May assist in periodic risk assessments and the implementation of corrective actions needed.
- May conduct compliance training for new employees and existing employees as needed.
The ideal candidate
- Possesses the judgement to plan and accomplish goals working independently.
- Is detail-oriented with exceptional follow-through.
- Can assess fraud risk in payment card systems and design effective mitigation strategies that minimize impact on volume.
- Has substantive knowledge of applicable compliance issues and requirements; substantive understanding of payments products, services, and operations (or equivalent in other financial services organizations).
- Can handle highly sensitive and strictly confidential information in an appropriate and need-to-know manner.
- Has a proven ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses.
- Has exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns and devise solutions for complex issues directly affecting the customer experience.
The really ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years of payments fraud management experience in the financial and/or banking industry.
- Has experience with BSA, AML, KYC and other government-driven policies.
- Is CAMS or BSA/AML certified.
Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software, along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.
The Company is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, Faithlife offers many unique benefits like flexible vacation scheduling, free espresso and soda, and an outdoor center with a kayak, snowshoes and even a couple of mopeds that employees can borrow!
This position is located near the water in beautiful downtown Bellingham, Washington. Please note that telecommuting will not be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Renn.email@example.com