Faithlife is seeking a self-driven Systems Engineer to join our team. In your role as a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for server configuration, infrastructure security, and the planning, implementing and maintaining of new and existing systems and infrastructure. Examples of some of the technologies and systems currently used at Faithlife include HAProxy, MySQL, redis, elasticsearch, IIS, MSSQL, Graylog, and Prometheus/Grafana.
We expect continued growth and the ability to adapt to new environments and technologies, as we always seek to improve our infrastructure and products. Knowledge of software development will be considered a significant asset, as you will be supporting the efforts of the development team in addition to maintaining and creating automation tooling customized to our environment.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience in configuration and administration of applications such as web servers, load balancers, and databases
- Experience working in a production environment
- Experience working with server automation (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, Docker, etc.)
- Experience working with version control
- Unix server administration experience
- Windows Server administration experience
- Strong scripting/programming skills
- Strong communication skills, a desire to collaborate, and a willingness to take on new challenges
Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software, along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.