Preparing to Gather
“…they devoted themselves to fellowship…” Acts 2:42
Luke might well have said “they devoted themselves to loving one another” for that is the oomph behind perfect fellowship and the core instruction of Christ concerning our relationships with one another. There are of course different ways in which we fellowship, but there is no doubt that being together in the same place at the same time invigorates community, care and love, and is therefore something which we are encouraged to value, prioritise and even devote ourselves to.
After 8 months of Zoom Church with the occasional Garden Church we have finally found a venue which will enable us to meet together regularly throughout the winter. It is not without its limitations and frustrations but what isn’t these days!
From November 1st we will be using the Kircubbin Community Centre to host our services on Sunday mornings, and are really excited at the opportunity to once again meet together and worship together in person. In order for us to be able to do this safely and responsibly, there are a number of requirements which need to be adhered to, and we ask everyone attending to do this with diligence and as a demonstration of our love and care for one another.
Requirements for meeting together
- Please arrive promptly and maintain 2m social distance at all times. Be prepared not to get immediate access to the building.
- Sanitise your hands upon entry to the building.
- Attendance and contact information will be recorded for the purpose of track and trace.
- Initially we shall not be serving Tea or Coffee, but feel free to bring you own in a suitable container.
- If you are able, please wear face coverings for the duration of your time in the building.
- Ushers will direct you to your seating. Conversation is encouraged but please refrain from mingling.
- Bathrooms will be accessible, but are limited to 2 people at a time.
- At the end of the meeting, please do not move any seating or help with pack down. (unless instructed to do so)
- We must be prompt in vacating the premises at the end of our allotted time.
- If you are experiencing any Covid related symptoms, please do not attend church. Also please inform us if you have been in church and subsequently test positive for Covid 19.
- Collective singing together is a beautiful and scriptural thing, which many of us have missed. We are looking forward to worshipping through song in a similar way to that which we are used to, though it is recommended that you wear your mask during song.
- We shall not be using an overhead projector. An order of Service including; song words, readings and notices will posted on our website to be accessed during the service via your smartphone or ipad. A sample can be viewed here: https://kcc-w.faithlifesites.com/order-of-service.
- Communion elements will be safely prepared and carefully passed out, enabling us to partake together in the Lords supper.
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide Whizz Kidz at this time, so will do our best to involve children in our services.
- Creche will be available in the small room for pre-schoolers, but please only enter this room if you are authorised to do so. Initially parents are asked to provide their own toys for play.
- For those unable to attend in person, we shall be streaming our service live via our facebook page, and recording the sermon onto our website.
This is obviously not how we would like a church service to operate, however rather than getting frustrated at the restrictions and limitations, we encourage you to embrace them as long as necessary, and to cherish the opportunity to meet together in person. Adherence to these rules is important if we are to protect our ability to continue meeting together during this pandemic.
Our hope for church at this time is that Sunday mornings would provide a place of refuge, rest and renewal. That as we join together under Gods Word, we would be filled with hope and strength, and equipped with a Godly perspective towards what are proving to be difficult days for many people. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom, and the Spirit of the Lord is in his Church.