Lexham Greek Grammatical Constructions Dataset
General • Bellingham, WA • 27 members • 18 followers
About this group
For discussion of the Lexham Greek Grammatical Constructions Dataset in Logos Bible Software
- I am wondering why "Discourse Grammar of the Greek New Testament: A Practical Introduction for Teaching and Exegesis" is not part of the Greek Grammatical Construction Dataset?
- No resources per-se are part of this dataset. Instead, the dataset marks structures (such as Granville Sharp's First Rule and Colwell's Rule) that are not easily findable using other searching techniques (morph, syntax, etc.) You should have a resource titled "Greek Grammatical Constructions Documentation" that discusses what the dataset includes and how to search for the items it encodes.
- One thing I would love to see added to the grammatical constructions is the εγω ειμι. Not sure what you would call this besides "divine 'I AM'", but I would love to be able to search by that alone.
- Any new construction that might be developed in the future?
- This could be a helpful feature for 1st and second year Greek students as well as for seasoned scholars. I suggest Mounce's BBGG and Wallace's GGBB as a starting point. There are a number of other Grammars in Logos that would be helpful, I suppose. An idea for this feature could be: ANY Greek Grammatical Construction that a Greek Student runs across would be available to search. And on the right-click menu, I would love to see: a] declensions for all nouns and pronouns (in M, F & N); and for all Adjectives (1st, second and third declensions) b] verbs (which is already in the Morphology chart).
- Periphrastic Construction would probably be useful/welcome
- Is there a list of what grammatical constructions we can look for right now?