LGC Family News 4/14/22
Sunday's Message: "He is Risen!" Luke 24:36-48
- The Children’s Choir practices each Wednesday evening at 5:45 for children in kindergarten through 5th grade. They are preparing for a Spring Musical which is planned for Sunday evening, May 22.
- New adult Sunday School classes for the summer will begin on May 8. The list of classes will be in the bulletin. Please sign up in the foyer for the class of your choice.
- Join us for a Tenebrae Service TOMORROW evening, April 15, at 7:00 p.m. This is a solemn service focusing on the last few hours of Christ’s life before His death.
- On Easter Sunday, April 17, we will have our normal Worship Services at 8:15 and 10:45. There will, however, be a special combined Sunday School hour at 9:45 for a time of fellowship and sharing.
- Please check out the lost and found items in the mailbox room and see if anything belongs to you! There are coats, Bibles, dishes left from recent events, etc. Items left after April 17 will be donated!
- There will be a combined S.S. hour on May 1. At that time the Youth who went to Kentucky to help with the tornado relief effort will share about their trip, as well as an update will be given on Jesse and Kaely Beer, our missionaries to the Caspian Region.
- The Elkhart County Jail Chaplaincy is hosting a Ministry Dessert Banquet on Tuesday, May 10, 7:00-8:30 p.m. at the Nappanee Missionary Church. We are looking to fill a table of eight from our church. Please sign up in the foyer if interested. Sign-up deadline is May 3. If all slots are full and you are interested in going, please contact Pastor Jim.
- Our Graduate Breakfast will be held during a combined S.S. hour on Sunday, June 5. If you would like to celebrate your high school or college graduate at the breakfast, please contact Pastor Peter.
- Next Sunday, April 24, is the Youth Missions Fundraiser/Sweet Tooth Auction! The event will begin with a Communion Service starting at 10:00 a.m. at The Upper Room at Coppes Commons. Nursery for children under 2 years old and Children’s Church for those 2 through 4 years old will be provided during the service. Immediately following the service parents may take children 2 years old and up to the church for child care during the meal and auction. (Lunch will be provided for the children at the church.) Please copy and paste this link to sign up for child care: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N4zbWlY-POWTYcM-muJUpbvZeiMGl1UpagbTwSzAbUo/viewform?edit_requested=true
- The Youth are counting on our donations, so remember to bring your yummy homemade baked goods for the Sweet Tooth Auction next Sunday, April 24!
- Missionaries of the Month: Ethan & Becca Silveus, serving with Second Level Ministry in Atlanta, GA.
- Nursery: 1st Service: Linda Feece, Peg Quintinilla S.S.: Lidy Perry, Shana Bontrager, Dacia Reid 2nd Service: Kylee Gudeman, Vickie Etsinger, Laura Blosser
- Children’s Church: The Children’s Church Committee will take care of Children’s Church today!
- April Greeters: Mike Kearney, Bud Etsinger, Josh George, Matt Bulger
Our address is: 302 W Walnut St, Nappanee, IN, 46550