LGC Family News 6/23/22
Sunday's Message: "From Slaves of Sin to Son's of God!" Galatians 3:26-4:31
- Be in prayer for our Youth and their leaders who are leaving for their Mission Trip on Saturday. They will be serving a homeless community in Hawaii. They return on Saturday, July 2.
- Everyone is invited to celebrate the new RETA facility during an Open House on July 1 from 10:00-3:00 p.m. at 116 W. Jackson Blvd., Elkhart. The ribbon cutting ceremony is at 10:00.
- Mitch Gerig, one of our missionaries, will be sharing during a combined S.S. hour on Sunday, July 3. Come and hear his update on their ministry in Thailand.
- The Youth will be sharing about their mission trip to Hawaii on Sunday, July 10, during the Worship Services and a combined S.S. hour.
- All upcoming 6th graders are invited to officially join the RISE Youth Group at a pool party on July 13 at 4:00 p.m. at the home of Bud & Vickie Etsinger (23014 CR 46, New Paris).
- JD Crowley, missionary to Cambodia, will be preaching and sharing during a combined S.S. hour on Sunday, July 17.
- We will celebrate the marriage of Lisa and Alan Stump with a Grocery Shower on Sunday afternoon, July 17, at 2:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a recipe and the non-perishable ingredients for that recipe.
- Any homeschooling families looking for an open gym this summer, please see the flyers in the foyer for more details. You may contact Katie Miller (260.578.5995) for more information.
- We will have a Baptismal Service on the day of our church picnic, August 14, at The Pond. If you have never been baptized since professing faith is Jesus Christ and would like to be baptized, please contact Pastor Peter or Pastor Jim.
- Church Cookbook: We would like to start the process of making a Living Gospel Cookbook! We are so excited to put this together and use it to raise money for the building fund. In order to do this, we need your help! Please consider sharing as many of your favorite recipes with us. We want this cookbook to reflect our wonderful community at Living Gospel. You have two ways to share. You can type your recipe and send it to email@example.com. If you would rather write it out, there are forms in the foyer. Fill one out and put it in Lisa Stump’s (Hostetter) mailbox. Please have these turned in by August 28th. If you have questions, you can see Lisa Stump or Sherry Hochstetler. Thank you!
- Missionaries of the Month: Jeff & Laura Edwards, serving at the home office of One Mission in Greenwood, IN.
- Nursery: 1st Service: Linda Feece, Peg Quintinilla S.S.: Charlie & Sonja Scherer, Emma Scherer 2nd Service: Kylee Gudeman, Vickie Etsinger, Laura Blosser
- Children’s Church: Teacher: Mike Beer 1st Service Helpers: Kevin & Bethany Yoder 2nd Service Helpers: 2’s & 3’s: Nancy Beer, Perry Kids 4’s & 5’s: Josh & Laramie George K-1st: Shannan Vincent & Kids
- June Greeters: Chaz Scherer, Robert Lebrun, Josh Hurst, Tim Hicks
- July Greeters: Dale Feece, Ryan Olsen, Josh George, Cory Martin
Our address is: 302 W Walnut St, Nappanee, IN, 46550