LGC Family News 6/30/22
Sunday's Message: "Free to Serve" Galatians 5:1-15
- Everyone is invited to celebrate the new RETA facility during an Open House tomorrow, July 1, from 10:00-3:00 p.m. at 116 W. Jackson Blvd., Elkhart. The ribbon cutting ceremony is at 10:00.
- Mitch Gerig, one of our missionaries, will be sharing during a combined S.S. hour this Sunday, July 3. Come and hear his update on their ministry in Thailand.
- The Youth will be sharing about their mission trip to Hawaii on Sunday, July 10, during the Worship Services and a combined S.S. hour. Come and hear how the Lord used our youth to minister to others.
- All upcoming 6th graders are invited to officially join the RISE Youth Group at a pool party on July 13 at 4:00 p.m. at the home of Bud & Vickie Etsinger (23014 CR 46, New Paris).
- JD Crowley, missionary to Cambodia, will be preaching and sharing during a combined S.S. hour on Sunday, July 17.
- We will celebrate the marriage of Lisa and Alan Stump with a Grocery Shower on Sunday afternoon, July 17, at 2:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a recipe and the non-perishable ingredients for that recipe.
- There will be a Communion Service during each of the Worship Services on Sunday, July 31.
- We will have a Baptismal Service on the day of our church picnic, August 14, at The Pond. If you have never been baptized since professing faith is Jesus Christ and would like to be baptized, please contact Pastor Peter or Pastor Jim.
- Church Cookbook: We would like to start the process of making a Living Gospel Cookbook! We are so excited to put this together and use it to raise money for the building fund. In order to do this, we need your help! Please consider sharing as many of your favorite recipes with us. We want this cookbook to reflect our wonderful community at Living Gospel. You have two ways to share. You can type your recipe and send it to email@example.com. If you would rather write it out, there are forms in the foyer. Fill one out and put it in Lisa Stump’s (Hostetter) mailbox. Please have these turned in by August 28th. If you have questions, you can see Lisa Stump or Sherry Hochstetler. Thank you!
- Upcoming schedule for Jesse Beer: Aug. 7: Jesse and Kaely Sharing; Aug. 21, 28 & Sept. 4: Jesse Preaching; Sept. 11: Theological Interview; Oct. 2: Church Vote
- Missionaries of the Month: Mitch & Sarah Gerig, serving at Grace School in Thailand with Wycliffe Bible Translators.
- Nursery: 1st Service: Bethany Knaus, Brittney Lechlitner S.S.: Hannah Zimmerman, Patty Kaylor, Deb Mullett 2nd Service: Nikki Beer, Tim & Karen McGill
- Children’s Church: Teacher: Bobbie Glingle 1st Service Helpers: Blake & Kelsey Taylor 2nd Service Helpers: 2’s & 3’s: Jeremy & Heather Bechtel 4’s & 5’s: Brita & Chloe Miller K: Amanda Hurst & Family 1st: Trevor & Jessie Shields
- July Greeters: Dale Feece, Ryan Olsen, Josh George, Cory Martin
Our address is: 302 W Walnut St, Nappanee, IN, 46550