LGC Family News 7/28/22
Sunday's Message: "Walk by the Spirit" Galatians 5:16-26
- We will have a Communion Service during each of the Worship Services this Sunday, July 31.
- Our annual Church Picnic is on Sunday, August 14, at The Pond. (There will be no services at the church that day.) There are sign-up sheets in the foyer for food for the picnic. Please sign up for a large dish to share. Meat, drinks, and table service will be provided. Fun activities are planned for all ages!
- We will have a Baptismal Service on the day of our church picnic, August 14, at The Pond. If you have never been baptized since professing faith is Jesus Christ and would like to be baptized, please contact Pastor Peter or Pastor Jim.
- During the afternoon of the church picnic, we will have a FUN cornhole tournament, with prizes being awarded! Sign up in the foyer as teams of two players, or sign up as individuals who will then be randomly paired with a teammate. The more teams we have, the more fun we will have together. Sign up today!
- Reminder to parents: Children will remain in their current Sunday School class until September 4. At that time children will move up according to their grade. Thank you!
- Church Cookbook: We would like to start the process of making a Living Gospel Cookbook! We are so excited to put this together and use it to raise money for the building fund. In order to do this, we need your help! Please consider sharing as many of your favorite recipes with us. We want this cookbook to reflect our wonderful community at Living Gospel. You have two ways to share. You can type your recipe and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather write it out, there are forms in the foyer. Fill one out and put it in Lisa Stump’s (Hostetter) mailbox. Please have these turned in by August 28th. If you have questions, you can see Lisa Stump or Sherry Hochstetler. Thank you!
- Upcoming schedule for Jesse Beer: Aug. 7: Jesse and Kaely Sharing; Aug. 21, 28 & Sept. 4: Jesse Preaching; Sept. 11: Theological Interview; Oct. 2: Church Vote
- Missionaries of the Month: Mitch & Sarah Gerig, serving at Grace Int’l School in Thailand with Wycliffe Bible Translators.
- Nursery: 1st Service: Linda Feece, Peg Quintinilla S.S.: Charlie & Sonja Scherer, Emma Scherer 2nd Service: Sarah Hertsel, Ashley Lantz, Kim Kearney
- Children’s Church: Teacher: Mike Beer 1st Service Helpers: Kevin & Bethany Yoder 2nd Service Helpers: 2’s & 3’s: Nancy Beer, Perry Kids 4’s & 5’s: Josh & Laramie George K: Shannan Vincent & Family 1st: Malachi & Lori Ridenour
- July Greeters: Dale Feece, Ryan Olsen, Josh George, Cory Martin
- August Greeters: Rudy & Bobbie Glingle, Brent Wiseman, Chuck Perry, Dave Neff
Our address is: 302 W Walnut St, Nappanee, IN, 46550