About this group
...with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel" Philippians 1:27Ask to join
- Prayer Update, Burkina Faso Andrew and Esther Schaeffer prayer requests Oct 23, 2020 1. Andrew and I have many opportunities to share the Good News of Christ. Pray that we would be true messengers of the Lord Jesus who faithfully proclaim His every Word. 2. Church leaders will be gathering next week to discuss several challenges facing our nation and our churches. Pray for Andrew as he speaks during the opening session. 3. Pray for a village church that is inviting all the widows in their community for a meal, food distribution, and encouragement from the Word of God. Pray as I speak to that group, that they would understand clearly the Good News of the Gospel and the love of the Lord for those in difficult circumstances. 4. Pray for a young woman brought to the hospital chapel who is confronted by evil spirits that appear in dreams and when she is in school or church. Pray for deliverance and that her whole family would put their trust in the Lord Jesus. Picture is of one of our deaf students that is now in middle school. He still lives at the deaf school but goes to a “regular” school for 8th grade. Pray that the Gospel would reach to him.
- I think John knew something that we neglect. Notice he ties complete joy to being face to face. Do you find that joy is lacking in your life? Evaluate the time you are spending face to face with the body of Christ versus social media, TV, books, etc. There is no substitute for “in-person”; COVID or no COVID. 2 John 1:12 (ESV) " Final Greetings 12 Though I have much to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink. Instead I hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete. " http://olivetree.com/b1/2John.1.12.ESV
- On the subject of guidance (our Tuesday night topic) here is a great question for us. Am I living in the fear of the Lord? Is my life marked by it? If not, I may not get the guidance Im looking for according to this verse. Thoughts? Psalms 25:12 (ESV) " 12 Who is the man who fears the LORD? Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose. " http://olivetree.com/b1/Ps.25.12.ESV
- I read Psalm 23 yesterday (on 10/23) and was encouraged by God’s leading to green pastures and his presence in the valley of the shadow of death. A good reminder that to achieve these 2 things, we need to retain that “fear” of him, reverence, obedience, trust..
- Sunday Music: Sorry we're so behind this week! It's been crazy around here! 1. Crown Him With Many Crowns- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuMh_ept-Js 2. His Mercy Is More- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1GiZL60c80 3. Great is Thy Faithfulness- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZIad5hZ18 Hope everybody's having a great week! :)Great Is Thy FaithfulnessProvided to YouTube by Catapult Reservatory, LLC Great Is Thy Faithfulness · The Worship Initiative and Shane & Shane The Worship Initiative, Vol. 6 ℗ 2014 T...www.youtube.com
- Missionary Update, Ned and Marisol Farnsworth - Ecuador Hello friends, thanks for your patience for this letter. We did not send a letter in September due to adjusting to our home school schedule. We appreciate your support in prayer. Please pray as we resume GO ENGLISH CLUB every Friday afternoon from 4-5 pm (Ecuador time) starting this week. God bless you all, Ned, Marisol, Joel, Amelia, Jacob and Elias Farnsworth Farnsworth Family Forum Fall 2020 Wow, it’s hard to believe that we are already in the middle of October. Since the public schools plan to complete this academic year remotely, we returned to homeschooling all four of our kids. Joel is a senior and Amelia a freshman in high school, and Jacob and Elias are third graders. Having them with us at home is a blessing that keeps us very busy. Please pray that we survive the 2020-2021 school year!! Churches in Ecuador are beginning to open up with the required safety measures. We are proceeding slowly here in Otavalo and praying for wisdom. Since we no longer have a church building, our situation is more challenging. Last Friday night we held our first in-person meeting since March at a local restaurant for coffee and fellowship, and we continue to visit and host church people at our house. Ned started teaching a Thursday night course on preaching at our mission’s Bible Institute via Zoom. Although adjusting to theological training online poses its challenges, he finds joy in training the 13 class members for ministry at their local churches. Another initiative for our family is helping with the online Sunday school of our mother church in Ibarra. This Sunday Marisol taught the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant to the children. Ned used his puppet Monsie to help him teach The Sower and the Seed. Last week the electricity went off during SS, but most of the children reconnected a few minutes later. These are challenging times for all of us. We would appreciate your prayers for the following: 1. Guidance for decisions for our church plant. 2. Good internet for online meetings. 3. Health of Marisol’s mother Zulema. 4. Wisdom for Joel’s future plans. 5. Spiritual growth for Christians in Ecuador. 6. Safety for our mission’s churches who have already reopened. Please write and tell us how we can pray for you! “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9, NIV). With love, Ned, Marisol, Joel, Amelia, Jacob and Elias Farnsworth US Address (our postal service in Ecuador closed permanently due to the covid-19 pandemic): 164 Douglass St., Reading PA 19601. Telephone and WhatsApp in Ecuador: (011)5936-2921-665. Financial Support: Liebenzell USA, PO Box 66, Schooley’s Mountain NJ 07870. Online Donations: www.liebenzellusa.org. To read more about our daily lives and ministry, please check out our blog at www.farnsworthforum.blogspot.com. We try to update the blog weekly.
- They send their updates on a file that downloaded into a Word document and couldn't be uploaded on here. I was only able to copy and paste their words. I was unable to download the pics from the file and couldn't copy and paste them either. Sorry for not being able to share all of their content.
- Missionary Update: Alan & Jill Kropp - Ishinomaki, Japan Answers to Prayer This past weekend our Japan Alliance Mission (JAM) team gathered all together for the first time this year. We laughed, sang, prayed, played and encouraged one another. There was a sweet sense of the Lord’s loving Presence with us as we sought His healing touch and praised His Name together. Thank you for praying us! Carolina Morino, our Family Room ministry partner who has a Masters degree in Anthropology, presented a seminar on cultural form and meaning to our JAM team at our retreat this past weekend. Carolina and her husband, Hiroshi, both are gifted and trained Christian workers. We are grateful to partner with them and for their encouragement of our larger JAM team! Through many months of haircuts and conversations, Mr. K’s interests were piqued and tonight we will host him and his family for dinner. Mr. K is the barber who cuts our boy’s and Alan’s hair. The Lord is faithful to guide us and open doors in conversation that also opens doors for deepening relationships. September and October have been really full months for us. We praise the Lord for giving us strength, joy and refreshment along the way! Prayer Requests Pray that the Lord would draw our seeking friends to Family Room again this Saturday night. Pray that the Holy Spirit would give insight and understanding. Pray that our seeking friends would meet Jesus and decide to follow Him. One of Ethne’s kindergarten friend’s mother contacted me recently wanting to reconnect our girls. Pray that the Lord would renew this friendship, bless our time of reconnection this Friday afternoon and ultimately draw this family to Himself. Please continue praying that God would give us favor and open doors for us to connect with the husbands of Mrs. N, Ayu, Mado and Mrs. M, who faithfully attend Family Room. Pray that their husbands would want to come to Family Room and would come to Jesus alongside their wives and children. Pray for Nobue’s family. Her sister is battling stage four cancer and Nobue needs to provide practical support for her, her aging parents as well as her nephew. Pray for Nobue to have strength, wisdom and peace as she helps her family. Please ask the Lord to pour out the Holy Spirit on His Church in Japan. Pray that we would be strengthened with power and wisdom to boldly witness and make multiplying disciples of Christ. Pray that a great spiritual harvest would soon begin…one that will eventually touch other nations with the gospel message! We are so grateful to know that you are praying and deeply grateful for your partnership in gospel ministry! Our Prayer For You "For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirt of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." Ephesians 1:15-17 NIV Picture is from the Japan Alliance Mission Fall Retreat October 16-18, 2020
- Missionary Update, Burkina Faso Attempting Great Things for the Deaf Community! First day of sewing school for eleven deaf young people. Pray that each of these young people will come to know the Lord Jesus as their Savior. Pray that they would catch on quickly in their classes. Pray that this sewing school would continue to have lots of business so the students have work. Pray for Moussa and Ami, two that have not had the opportunity to go to school and learn to sign.Attempting Great Things for the Deaf CommunityFirst day of school for eleven deaf young people. They are part of a group that are learning to sew. Thank you for caring about these youth and for investing...www.youtube.com
- Wish there was a love button.
- It would be amazing to visit and help. We also met a Chinese missionary who has a Chinese travel agency, next to Tibet. but, I am convicted about our closer neighbors. We need to reach out to those, here in Barbour county, too. This song is inspiring. I need to do better, right here. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vy4wB8hs1RU