About this group
The Church is much more than a Sunday morning gathering of believers.
- 1/29/20 Small Group This week is Ethan's Birthday. He has requested Chicken Alfredo and yellow cake for dessert. I will be making the cake and cup cakes because he has requested a certain design. View Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mb-VKTp2HWisx43NtM0gopuV7TcosKwv35u315Ie8Vc/edit?usp=sharing Respond Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8EO9zSOW69cjZFqNSNcO0c-9oBWrlEEPy_gvQ2FU2mrKbAw/viewform?usp=sf_link
- (M'Cheyne Sermons) It is our true joy in this world to be like God. Too many rest in the joy of being forgiven, but our truest joy is to be like Him. O rest not, beloved, till you are renewed after His image, till you partake of the Divine nature. Long for the day when Christ shall appear, and we shall be fully like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
- Especially for the Wednesday night crew! Really helpful stuff. Will you read it? Discussion below would be even better. What do you think?Meditate to Move Mountains: How God’s Words Lead to Our PrayersPagans may pretend to “dial up” God in prayer, but Christians start by listening to his voice. What has he said to us about himself, his world, his people, his Son? First we hear him out, then we respond in prayer.www.desiringgod.org
- Excellent article! Thank you Pastor!
- It is impossible for us to pray accurately just as it is for us to walk out God's word accurately without spending time in God's word. That doesn't mean just reading it. That's means praying for God's revelation to us. That means studying it for all of its truth. That means meditating on what the words are saying, how they are to be applied in all parts of our lives and then asking ourselves about the different parts of our lives. Are those teachings/are those characteristics being lived out in EVERY part of our lives? That's why understanding sanctification is so important. It's not just saying that people can notice something of Christ in you, but can they see it in every aspect of your life? So people at church see compassion in you...do people at your work place? Do people at Walmart? What about other drivers? The more we meditate on God's word and look at it through the lens of every part of our lives...if we allow the Holy Spirit to really search are hearts and are willing to listen, a lot may be revealed about where we're at and how far we still have to go. That's not a bad thing at all though. As we learn more about where we're at and where we're trying to get to it helps navigate us to how we need to grow. It helps point us to things we need to look into scripture about. It helps us to let leadership know how to be praying for us. It pinpoints area of our lives for us to lift before God in seeking his leadership for change. The more we understand his word the more we understand his plans for us as believers as well as for us as individuals. That comes through more than hearing the word or reading the word even. That comes through desiring to know the word, to become intimate in knowledge and understanding of the word. There must be a passion for clarity and to walk out the truth stored within. I pray it's a hunger if you don't know yet, that one would ask God to make the word just that for them.
- Sunday Music: 1. I Will Lift My Eyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te0hy2YcLgg 2. Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5qc0EcNgqw 3. Your Words https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zaaiFp4RSM 4. Jesus Friend Of Sinners https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipwEtvWL_3c 5. I Will Wait for You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJUqY_6tqo I hope everybody's having a great week! :)I Will Wait For You (Psalm 130) lyric videoWords and Music by Keith Getty, Jordan Kauflin, Matt Merker, and Stuart Townend. To download the mp3, sheet music, or trax products, visit GettyMusic.comwww.youtube.com
- Members of The Art Ministry Team made roughly 30 valentines for Mansfield Place nursing home. If you didn’t make it today and you still want to help, get in touch with me. More art opportunities on the way!
- 1/22/20 Small Group This week will be Tacos. Are there any Birthdays coming up that you want to celebrate? Ethan's is the 30th. He has requested Chicken Alfredo for dinner and Ice Cream for dessert. If there are any other Birthdays just let me know and we can do a buffet of favorite food and dessert. View Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdO0xJ992ioFwREn112aEduUjsxwksuvLWtE3PQUmVM-1uB4g/viewform?usp=sf_link Respond Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kgMFltG5o3cPiqNvMaMEror58-vPWSWOaDZyqliTQ1k/edit?usp=sharing
- Ben Payne posted an announcement
OpportunityEver want to go on a Mission Trip? Who: Living Water Church family (All ages) What: Domestic Mission Trip When: May 22-24, 2020 Where: Columbus, Ohio Why: To help bless needy families How: Working a garden that feeds refugee and immigrant families Plans are being put together now for anyone interested in this trip. Host families are welcoming us with places to stay. Some meals will be provided. As we find out how many people are going, we will figure out things like: How many vehicles do we need to take? How many host homes are needed? Have questions or concerns? Want to know more? We will be holding an interest meeting directly after church on February 9th. In the meantime, please speak with Ben and/or Betty Payne for more information.
- If there is anyone under the age of 18 interested, please let your parents know of your interest. Parents of children, talk to your children if they have an interest or a prompting of God to be part of this trip. Even if you as an adult may not feel led to go, find out what God may be doing in the heart of your child. If your child has an interest I pray you will come with your child to the interest meeting just to find out more info. Any child will have to either be accompanied by a parent/guardian, or be given permission by a parent to go under the care of another adult. Betty and I would want to hear from both that child's parents as well as the adult who will be assuming responsibility for that child.