About this group
...with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel" Philippians 1:27
- I forgot to post on the 4th church in Revelation. To me this kind of church is really describing what is being preached in the world today and how careful we must all be to not get caught up in that mess. Remember in the last chapter of revlation it says do not add to or take away from the word of God. We can not try to twist Gods word to fit our life style or change it to not offend anyone. Wrong is wrong and right is right. With this being said I'm really excited to start our new Bible study
- I was reminded of yesterday’s sermon when reading R.C. Sproul’s booklet, What Is Repentance? It made me thank God for Wade and his exhortations to us. Although, Wade McGee, you may have been trying to please us by showing that you were smiling at one point. 🙂
- Wonderful seeing so many in person today!
- Sure was a blessing to see everyone and very hard for me not to hug everyone
- I was still self-quarantining, but loved the pictures Pastor Wade sent earlier in the week of the seats where everyone would be sitting. I could close my eyes and imagine you all.
Danielle Rice — EditedI’m an introvert, and I can see what you’re saying, Ben. It’s been easier on me than many I know.
- Brothers & sisters, here are the latest CDC guidelines released yesterday. I have had some conversations about masks this week. The authorities above us have not required them to be worn and neither is LWC leadership. However, this guideline strongly suggests wearing them to limit the spread of the virus and so we are asking you to wear a mask tomorrow. This is simply a matter of setting aside personal preference in order to love your neighbor and count others more significant than your preference. (Philippians 2:3-4; Romans 12:10). This is where the Spirit-filled, Christ-following church shines in our current (really) dark world, isn’t it? Because of the love of Christ, we love and in turn we don’t act like the fighting world around us. Thanks be to God for his amazing grace!!!Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.www.cdc.gov
- I have learned from the third church in revlation. The ppl there believed in Christ but still followed evil teachings. Antipas was martyed bc he refused to follow the evil teachings. When we look out at the body of Christ in this world how much compromiseing do you see ? Gods word is a two edge sword and we must stick to His teachings and what the word says is what it means. There is no compromiseing.