Logos 30-Day Bible Study Training
Class • 7 members • 72807 followers
About this group
Spend 30 minutes with us for 30 days, you’ll learn how to study the Bible using Logos Bible Software.Follow
- Announcing: a FREE version of Logos 7! Including new features, and a shelf of essential resources, Logos 7 Basic is yours to install and use for as long as you like! We are still working on updating the links in the course to the new version. In the meantime, get yours today at www.logos.com/basic.Basic - Logos Bible SoftwareBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com
- Yeshua/Jesus Speaking on Future Eventsthis passage contains what happened to the apostles after Yeshua/Jesus went back into Heaven and the Holy Spirit came downMatthew 10:16–23Complete Jewish Bible“Pay attention! I am sending you out like sheep among wolves, so be as prudent as snakes and as harmless as doves. Be on guard, for there will be people who will hand you over to the local Sanhedrins and flog you in their synagogues. On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as a testimony to them and to the Goyim. But when they bring you to trial, do not worry about what to say or how to say it; when the time comes, you will be given what you should say. For it
- I love it
- An Intresting ThoughtOur Heavenly Father is merciful yet this word seems harsh after being told this why would you as mother go on and enter the city knowing that when you do your child will die .....would not a better response be to repent and send a messenger instead1 Kings 14:12–13Complete Jewish BibleSo get up and go home; when your feet enter the city, the boy will die. All Isra’el will mourn him, and they will bury him; he is the only one of Yarov‘am’s line who will lie in a grave, because he alone in the house of Yarov‘am has in him an element of good toward ADONAI the God of Isra’el.
- Good thoughts! I'm sure they thought it a more powerful plea and less offensive to send the wife of the king rather than just a messenger. And as we see, the messenger probably wouldn't have gotten the message back in time before the child would die, if he would die as soon as even the messenger entered the city. Maybe she obeyed the prophet out of fear for herself if she disobeyed, or that she hoped she could somehow get back in time to change it, or also even that if the child would die no matter what, she would rather he die and be buried as the prophet said than to risk that he die like the others and be eaten by dogs or birds as the prophet said. Interesting indeed!
- Becoming HolyIn this passage we see the removal of the hindrances of idol worship being removed so that they can walk Holy (this also includes the idols taken from Labans house )
- i would like to try studying like this. how do you do it on your computer?
- Hello James kulaga. I think these are the steps you'll need to do: 1) Get Logos basic which is free, but you have to "purchase" it so the system knows you as a user: https://www.logos.com/basic 2) Get this course, also free: https://www.logos.com/product/122790/lt271-study-the-bible-with-logos-jonah-1 2) Install Logos: https://www.logos.com/install 3) Launch Logos on your computer or laptop and let it download the LT271 course and other library resources. 4) Come back here and click on the "Join Reading Plan Banner" at the top of the page. I think that should do it. Hello Adam Borries (Faithlife), did I leave anything out? Please correct me as needed. Thanks!
- In the Greek Paul uses a repetition play on the word “hyper” (above, beyond) with “ὑπὲρ...ὑπερεκπερισσοῦ“ so that some early manuscripts left out the first occurrence, thinking it was an accidental repeat. Paul was actually emphasizing just how far beyond our imagination God’s abilities are.
- Faith In The FightHere in this Passage an interesting twist is noted an armor bearer normally goes first ,because they carried the shield ....in this fashion Yeshua/Jesus is our armor bearer yet we also wear armor and carry a shield to fight , Johnathan and his armor bearer worked together just as the Father,Son, and Holy Spirit work together with us to defeat our enemies1 Samuel 14:11–13Complete Jewish BibleSo both of them let their presence be known to the garrison of the P’lishtim; and the P’lishtim said, “Look, some Hebrews coming out of the holes they’ve been hiding in!” Then the men of the garrison said to Y’honatan and his armor-bearer, “Come up to us; we want to show you something.” Y’honatan told his armor-bearer, “Come on up after me, for ADONAI has handed them over to Isra’el.” Y’honatan climbed up, using his hands as well as his feet, with his armor-bearer behind him. The P’lishtim
- being careful on judgementHannah was crying from the depths of her heart and Eli thought she was drunk yet in the passages before we see how Eli's sons were drunk ,stealing,raping and yet He did nothing and here is a woman who is pouring out her heart and he calls her drunk then tells her to go in peace1 Samuel 1:12–17Complete Jewish BibleShe prayed for a long time before ADONAI; and as she did so, ‘Eli was watching her mouth. Hannah was speaking in her heart—her lips moved, but her voice could not be heard—so ‘Eli thought she was drunk. ‘Eli said to her, “How long are you going to stay drunk? Stop drinking your wine!” But Hannah answered, “No, my lord, I am a very unhappy woman. I have not drunk either wine or other strong liquor; rather, I’ve been pouring out my soul before ADONAI. Don’t think of your servant as a
- A Hard WordThis was a hard thing to hear and also speak ,I cannot even think what Ezekiel was going trough upon hearing this word yet He chose to still walk in obedience so that Israel would hopefully turn and repent (which they did do eventually )Ezekiel 24:15–27Complete Jewish BibleThe word of ADONAI came to me: “Human being, with a single blow I am about to deprive you of the delight of your eyes. But you are not to lament, weep or let your tears run down. Sigh silently, don’t observe mourning for the dead, bind your turban on your head, put your sandals on your feet, don’t cover your upper lip, and don’t eat the food people prepare for mourners.” I spoke to the people in the morning, and that evening my wife died. So I did the following morning as I had been ordered.
- A QuestionNot trying to be disrespectful ,because I agree with a lot of what you have written yet on this part I have to strongly disagree 1 because GOD never changes,2 the gifts of the Holy Spirit are still in full swing and 3 i have seen many of these things happen personal y thank you for your time
Rev. Kevin Obermeyer — EditedI think the caution is that just because God did something one way doesn’t make that a “magic formula” for us to try to repeat to make it happen again. The author is emphasizing looking for the principle rather than repeatable formula or specific means, as God can do anything in any way and usually does in different ways rather than the same way every time. To your point, I don’t know if the author believes miracles have ended, but I think he’s cautioning against those who may fall into the trap of the 7 sons of Sceva (Acts 19).
- In that I agree if GOD is not with you do not play with fire