Logos Bible Software
General • Bellingham, WA • 23 members • 50,490 followers
About this group
Logos Bible Software is the world's leading tool for digital Bible study, and a product of Faithlife.
- Hello or , over the last couple of days my Logos desktop software downloaded many videos for various Mobile Ed courses, but it looks like I just got the videos and not the rest of the courseware. They don't show up in my "Courses" tool, but if I search my library for "video" I can find and watch them. Did you guys mean to do this? Even without the complete courseware the videos are a great resource, so I am happy to have them, but not if you didn't mean to give them to me.
- In the context of a local church, we expect "members" to be people who consider the church their home church and regularly worship, fellowship, and serve with that body of believers. "Followers" of a local church are people who wouldn't consider that church their church, but are interested in staying connected for various reasons: wants to listen to the pastors sermons, used to be a part of the church but moved away, etc.
- We don't download the media in video resources automatically, so they're probably taking up little to no space. If you want them to go away altogether, you could hide them or unfollow the group temporarily. After you lose your license, you could run "delete unlicensed resources" to remove the files.
- Thanks, Phil!
- I'm sure that I am not the first to ask this. It would really be awesome to have a print version genuine leather Lexham English study Bible, I mean a big thick heavy genuine leather study Bible, please, create one. I'm old school. Logos software is very awesome very helpful and I love it, but I also love my Bibles. I will buy one today if there is one available.
- Large-print Bibles are quite useful for Readers. I'm considering up to three of the English Standard Version for on-stage use at OMS Japanese Christian Church, to coordinate with the readings on the Bible and On-Screen Bible slides in Proclaim. (JCC purchased a number of leatherette ESV copies for the pews, where I'd have ordered hardbounds of the same size class.)
- Hi , thanks for the suggestion! This is something that I'd love to see myself. We haven't been able to do this in the past, but we continue to look for opportunities when this might work out. In the meantime, you can get the Faithlife Illustrated Study Bible. It comes in two different translations, and you can get it in several formats—including bonded leather. I own a couple of copies and I really enjoy that it's packed with infographics, pictures, and other study tools so that I still get a lot of the same depth that I can get using Logos. Hope this helps!
- Thank You Christina Houck
- I am investigating tools for Presentations in Japanese for Proclaim and have found that the Bible versions actually in use at OMS Japanese Christian Church (Walnut Creek, CA, USA) as of June 2018, viz., the Meiji Original Version (明治元訳 Meiji Genyaku) Old Testament and Taishō Revised Version (大正改訳聖書 Taishō Kaiyaku Seisho) New Testament, are apparently unsupported. I am not aware of the New Japanese Bible (新改訳聖書 Shin Kaiyaku Seisho) or the New Interconfessional Translation(共同訳聖書 Kyōdō Yaku Seisho) being in use anywhere in the OMS Holiness Church of North America. Is there any timeline for support of at least the Japanese Classic Bibles listed above?
- Hi , you might also want to post your question at https://faithlife.com/proclaim/activity and do an @ mention ofFaithlife ProclaimFollow Proclaim on Faithlife for free church media, product news, exclusive offers, and answers to your questions.faithlife.com
- Thanks for the note; I's specifically referring to support for Logos® 7-up, as Proclaim™ is limited in terms of the versions available for On-Screen Bibles, whereas Proclaim will import excerpts from Logos for Bible slides.
- Feeling frustrated with Logos which I have greatly appreciated until now. I have Logos 7 the basic version. I cannot get it to go past the sync icon. It has been running now for 2 hours. I tried shutting down but nothing works. What can I do to get it to work? It will not even respond to quit.
- Hi John Hardy We are sorry to hear of the trouble that you are having with Logos. This is certainly not the expected behavior for the software. I would recommend first making sure that the software is up to date. If you are running on Windows, just close out of Logos and run the installer from our site at www.logos.com/install. If you are on a Mac, you may need to remove all Logos items showing in the Applications folder, the Downloads folder, the dock, and any disc image showing on the desktop. Then start the install fresh from our site at www.logos.com/install. If taking that action does not resolve the issues that you are having with Logos, I would recommend that you contact Customer Service directly by calling us at 800-875-6467 anytime Monday through Saturday from 6am to 6pm PT for further assistance in getting this resolved.Installing Logos Bible SoftwareBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com
- Coming soon to Logos: every issue of Christianity Today. We’re live in the Faithlife studio with Faithlife’s Daniel Motley and Dr. Mark Ward this morning to talk about it! Head over to the Logos Facebook page to watch the broadcast live!Logos Bible SoftwareComing soon to Logos: every issue of Christianity Today. We’re excited! Are you? We’re live in the Faithlife studio with Faithlife’s Daniel Motley and Dr. Mark Ward this morning to talk about it!...www.facebook.com
- Free, Live training in about 1 hour. Limited Seating. See details and link below.How to Use the Highlighting Tool in Logos Bible Software with Learn LogosLearn how to utilize Logos Bible Software to maximize your Bible study time in this FREE Webinar. We will learn how to use the HIGHLIGHTING TOOL in Logos Bible Software with our teacher, John Fallahee, the founder of LearnLogos! Seating is limited so register soon! Many of you know John Fallahee when he worked at Precept Ministries. John is also a Precept Trainer. He will be hosting a series of free webinars to help anyone with Logos Bible Software use it more effectively for Inductive Bible Study. By the way, check out his training website (www.LearnLogos.com). John is also providing a discount for all Beloved Truth members to receive at $10 discount off his amazing LearnLogos 7 training bundle that includes over 54 hours of training. Coupon Code: BelovedTruth10offwww.eventbrite.com