Logos Bible Software
General • Bellingham, WA • 27 members • 51,394 followers
About this group
Logos Bible Software is the world's leading tool for digital Bible study, and a product of Faithlife.
- — EditedDoes Logos offer a Hebrew Pictograph on it's software programs? I looked but could not find one.... Here is an example of what I mean.. While using the interlinear Bible I noticed and have been researching that some "words" are non translatable and are actually a "pitcograph" if you will of an understanding of just how amazing God is and the Word of God... For example look at Gen 1:1. There is within this first verse a word not translated because there is not word for it but using a Hebrew Pictograph you can see what it means
- What particular word in Genesis 1:1 do you reference in this question?
- I think you must be referring to the particle 'eth, which is really just the sign that means that the following word is the direct object. Hence, it occurs before "heavens" and "earth" as the direct object of God's creating. But I don't see any special meaning in this. This is a very common particle, and the meaning of the individual letters that spell this word cannot be pressed because when letters are combined to form a word they no longer hold their meanings as pictographs.
- Is there a way in prayer requests to have your prayer list of people, and then each prayer request of that person. What I'm seeking is a way to list multiple prayer requests a person has and to be able to record them as answered or not answered. Currently if I put that the prayer is answered, it completes all the prayers I have listed for that person.
- John A. Murphy, Jr. — EditedJust to be clear what I'm looking for: Prayer list: Small Group John Smith 1) Needs a car 2) Struggling to relate to his teenage son - looking for shared interest 3) Wife (Jane) is ill -----------------------------> Answered: Healing! Frank Burns 1) Needs a job 2) Struggling to focus -------------------------------> Answered: Medications were off. 3) Desire to dig into God's Word deeper, committing to reading Bible daily this week. 4) Daughter & Boyfriend - Praying about marriage and becoming engaged. That God would bless them. This way I could track all my prayers for John rather than if one is answered they all are.
- In prayer lists, there is a checkbox which you can check off after the prayer has been made, which you could use to say that the prayer has been answered, leaving the prayers you've prayed unchecked would only mean you haven't an answer yet. However, I don't believe I've noticed a prayer list answer tab or anything. Good suggestion for future versions. May want to contact Logos.
- Get Logos Bible Software for free with Logos 7 Basic!Logos 7 Basic—Free Bible SoftwareGet started doing digital Bible study with Logos today.logos.com
- I seem to be unable to load the Logos program properly. Please help!!!!!!
- Installing Logos Bible SoftwareBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com
- August is almost over. You know what that means.Save Big with Back-to-School Deals | Logos Bible SoftwareGet the best Logos 7 deal ever, plus deals to prepare you for the upcoming school year.www.logos.com
- I'm always glad to help with spotting typos and really appreciate the chance to report them (so much so that I feel deprived not being able to do so with non-Logos ebooks!) . But recently I haven't had email acknowledgements when I hit 'Report typo.' Is that an error, or has the system changed? Also, today I found something bizarre in a Lemma on the contextual menu, but I can't see a method of reporting that. Any suggestions?
- It quoted the Lemma for δολιόω in Rom 3.13 as 'thou(m) didst deceive'! (I've been trying to replicate it, and can't remember what version I was working in. But it has copied that to a Word List, so I didn't imagine it! [What was bizarre, in my book, was a) adding ANY person and tense to a Lemma b) choosing an archaic one.]
- Dataset Updates: August 20, 2018 - Logos Bible Software ForumsLogos Bible Software Forums - Forums for Logos Bible Software Users including Product Information, Support Topics, and User Tipscommunity.logos.com
- ah...that may well explain why I couldn't replicate the error. Thanks. (And thanks for the link... I'm wondering if you are gently suggesting the forum is a better place for that kind of question?)
- Hi Logos folks, I have a question about the new NICNT volume on Galatians that is on prepub. I already have the older volume of Galatians in that series, so what happens if I order the new volume? Will I have them both in my library? https://www.logos.com/product/157090/new-international-commentary-on-the-new-testament-the-letter-to-the-galatiansNew International Commentary on the New Testament: The Letter to the GalatiansWriting a commentary on Galatians is a daunting task. Despite its relative brevity, this Pauline letter raises a number of foundational theological issues, and it has played a vital role in shaping Christian thought and practice over the centuries.www.logos.com
- Yes, you'll have them both. In very rare cases does an updated volume replace an existing one. That's happened only a few times when the updates amounted mainly to minor revisions and the publisher wanted the previous edition replaced (e.g., the updated to the ESV). In those cases, you get the update for free. If we ever charge you for an updated volume, you'll get it in addition to the one you already have.
- Hello, I was wanting to use the feature called "Lemma in Passage" but it seems that I don't have it in my version of Logos. Can you please advise what I need to do to have access to that? Thanks!
- Thanks for the reminder, Rosemary. We have a complex product, and it's important to communicate clearly about it. (Was Lemma in Passage recently promoted in some way? I can't find any references to it in email or blog posts.)
- Hi Adam Borries (Faithlife). Sorry, but I can't remember now where I first saw it. I was working with my desktop Logos on a bible study project and came across a little video showing how to use Lemma in Passage and I thought, that would be great for what I was doing at the time. Perhaps Rosemary Pritchard can remember seeing it someplace. If it comes to me I'll let you know.
- it was certainly flagged up recently...maybe on the Home Page? If i remember, I will let you know. Thank you Adam Borries for your gracious reply to my little outburst. A soft answer certainly turns away wrath :)