New Sermon Series 11.01.2020
Join us for a new sermon series starting this week!
Today we are presented with multiple challenges in our lives and with all the misinformation being spread throughout the mainstream and social media it's a challenge to try to distinguish what’s true and what’s false. Join us as Pastor Corey leads us on a four-week journey in search of God's truth for us.
The Lies We Believe -
Week 1: I’m Not My Brothers Keeper
Week 2: You Have Your Truth, I Have Mine
Week 3: Status, Looks, People Determine My Worth
Week 4: The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side
You're invited to join us for church at 2:30 PM at 425 SW Oldham Pkwy, Lee's Summit, MO 64081.
Please note that we are able to resume services as safely as possible by following these rules:
- Everyone is required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth. This is required before, during, and after service. The only exception is for the pastor and worship leader(s) during service.
- Temperatures will be checked at the door.
- Everyone must sign-in before entering the sanctuary.
- Observe social distancing by sitting with your family and staying 6' away from others. We have plenty of room in the sanctuary to spread out!
- We are excited to worship together again too, but please refrain from hugging, shaking hands, and etc. We all have to do our part to keep each other safe.
*This Sunday we will not have seperate children or student classes during service, but we are planning to have them again starting soon!
New Bible Study 9-5-2020 @ 7pm
Zoom LSMC Bible Study
The Book Of Revelation
Starting November 5, 2020 at 7pm we will begin a new Bible Study format. We will no longer broadcast the study on facebook live, we will study via Zoom privately amongst our church congregation.
Zoom is a free video conferencing tool for people to download and join the meetings by your computer or smartphone.
If you don't have it yet, download Zoom by clicking here.
Facilitators: Pastor Corey and Pastor Earl
Topic: The study will be on The Book of Revelation and we will use as a guide to the study a book called: Four Views On The Book Of Revelation. Did the Apocalypse happen already, or are these events to come? Join us as we will explore these questions and more as we dig into this fascinating book of Scripture.
You can order the book or e-book on Amazon by clicking here.
Join Zoom Meeting Link:
Meeting ID: 849 4086 5986
Week #1 Agenda
2. Goals, Schedule, and Decorum
3. Understanding Zoom Features
4. Background and Personal Views on The Book Of Revelation
5. Introduction to The Four Views Of The Book Of Revelation
6. The Book Of Revelation Chapter one (if time permits)
Past Sermon Videos
Did you miss last week's sermon? Interested in watching a previous sermon or series? Click here to visit our archives.
We are a community that strongly believes in the power of prayer! Please share your prayer requests by joining our phone call or submitting prayer requests here. We will create a list of current prayers for everyone to access on a regular basis.
PRAYER & PRAISE REQUESTS
- Please pray for Jonathan Bame's brother and mother. His brother is fighting an aggressive form of cancer. Please pray for strength and hope to get them through this time. They are awaiting results from his latest treatment and worried. in addition to total healing, please pray his brother finds God and through Him, the hope and strength to endure this fight and whatever may come. This is very hard for both Jonathan's brother and his mother.
- Please pray for the Saxton family. Earl's first cousin, HeLen Saxton, and Pastor Corey's second cousin, passed today from Covid-19. Her husband Lawrence, and sisters, Ida and Geanie, also have Covid-19. Please pray for comfort and healing!
- Marilyn Volentine is now home with Les. Praise God for her recovery from her infection and Covid-19!
- Please pray for Lynn Horn, Pastor Roger of Lee's Summit First's wife, and their family. She is fighting brain cancer. Pray for healing and strength.
- Please pray for unity and revival! A lot of us are feeling pretty down about Covid-19's affects on our world and daily lives. Pray God reveals himself to the hopeless and brings healing to those suffering.
The Ezekiel Project
We are continuing to postpone the Community Arts and Life Skills events until we get confirmation and more information from the judge about the County's guidelines. We want to maintain the safety of the students and volunteers.
Let's pray we are soon able to serve these students who are in great need of encouragement and mentoring. Contact Pastor Corey if you are interested in serving in this ministry or would like more information.
Coldwater of Lee's Summit
Did you a $30 donation will feed a family a complete Thanksgiving Dinner? Dinners include a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn bread, yams, green beans, cranberry sauce and gravy!
Our ministry partner, Coldwater of Lee's Summit, has multiple opportunities for you to volunteer and donate to help our community. They provide a number of services including a food pantry twice a month, feeding hungry kids, and a clothing closet.
Please visit their website to donate or volunteer!
If you or someone you know are needing assistance, you can contact them through the website for help too.