New Sermon Series Continues
Join us for a new sermon series starting this week!
Today we are presented with multiple challenges in our lives and with all the misinformation being spread throughout the mainstream and social media it's a challenge to try to distinguish what’s true and what’s false. Join us as Pastor Corey leads us on a four-week journey in search of God's truth for us.
The Lies We Believe -
Week 1: I’m Not My Brothers Keeper
Week 2: You Have Your Truth, I Have Mine
Week 3: Status, Looks, People Determine My Worth
Week 4: The Grass Is Greener On the Other Side
You're invited to join us for church at 2:30 PM at 425 SW Oldham Pkwy, Lee's Summit, MO 64081.
Please note that we are able to resume services as safely as possible by following these rules:
- Everyone is required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth. This is required before, during, and after service. The only exception is for the pastor and worship leader(s) during service.
- Temperatures will be checked at the door.
- Everyone must sign-in before entering the sanctuary.
- Observe social distancing by sitting with your family and staying 6' away from others. We have plenty of room in the sanctuary to spread out!
- We are excited to worship together again too, but please refrain from hugging, shaking hands, and etc. We all have to do our part to keep each other safe.
*This Sunday we will not have seperate children or student classes during service, but we are planning to have them again starting soon!
Session Meeting Rescheduled
Our session meeting will be via Zoom on Tuesday, Nov. 17th at 7:00 PM.
Join us for the Bible Study @ 7pm
Zoom LSMC Bible Study
The Book Of Revelation
We started our new Bible study last at 7pm. Join us next week! We using a new Bible Study format. We will no longer broadcast the study on facebook live, we will study via Zoom privately amongst our church congregation.
Zoom is a free video conferencing tool for people to download and join the meetings by your computer or smartphone.
If you don't have it yet, download Zoom by clicking here.
Facilitators: Pastor Corey and Pastor Earl
Topic: The study will be on The Book of Revelation and we will use as a guide to the study a book called: Four Views On The Book Of Revelation. Did the Apocalypse happen already, or are these events to come? Join us as we will explore these questions and more as we dig into this fascinating book of Scripture.
You can order the book or e-book on Amazon by clicking here.
Join Zoom Meeting Link:
Meeting ID: 849 4086 5986
Past Sermon Videos
Did you miss last week's sermon? Interested in watching a previous sermon or series? Click here to visit our archives.
We are a community that strongly believes in the power of prayer! Please share your prayer requests by joining our phone call or submitting prayer requests here. We will create a list of current prayers for everyone to access on a regular basis.
PRAYER & PRAISE REQUESTS
- Please pray for Jonathan Bame's brother and mother. His brother is fighting an aggressive form of cancer. Please pray for strength and hope to get them through this time. They got news that he may not have more than a few months. In addition to total healing, please pray his brother finds God and through Him, the hope and strength to endure this fight and whatever may come. This is very hard for both Jonathan's brother, mother, and their whole family.
- Please pray for the Saxton family. Earl's first cousin, HeLen Saxton, and Pastor Corey's second cousin, passed from Covid-19. Her husband Lawrence, and sisters, Ida and Geanie, also have Covid-19. Please pray for comfort and healing!
- Marilyn Volentine is now home with Les. Praise God for her recovery from her infection and Covid-19! Please keep her in your prayers are she continues to recover.
- Brian and Vanessa Ward tested negative for Covid-19. Praise God! Please pray for Brian's mother, Nancy. She is going to have to have throat surgery to remove some growths.
- Please pray for Tula Smith. She has had some spasms in her face and is trying to find the cause of it.
- Please pray for Lynn Horn, Pastor Roger of Lee's Summit First's wife, and their family. She is fighting brain cancer. Pray for healing and strength.
- Please pray for Aimee Starr's sister, Stephanie. She has a rare condition that came on suddenly that caused her to have severe dizziness and hearing loss. Pray this is temporary and not permanent! There is no treatment to cure this condition. It could have been caused by Covid-19, but she has not had symptoms.
- Please pray for Russell Starr's father, Matt. He got the news that he is going to be battling prostate cancer. They are considering treatment options. Pray for wisdom and healing. His condition that affects mobility in his legs is also progressing, and the doctor advised him to start walking with a cane. Please also pray for Russell's mother, Terry. She's lost so many family members to cancer. Pray for her spirits!
The Ezekiel Project
We are continuing to postpone the Community Arts and Life Skills events until we get confirmation and more information from the judge about the County's guidelines. We want to maintain the safety of the students and volunteers.
Let's pray we are soon able to serve these students who are in great need of encouragement and mentoring. Contact Pastor Corey if you are interested in serving in this ministry or would like more information.
Coldwater of Lee's Summit
Did you a $30 donation will feed a family a complete Thanksgiving Dinner? Dinners include a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn bread, yams, green beans, cranberry sauce and gravy!
Our ministry partner, Coldwater of Lee's Summit, has multiple opportunities for you to volunteer and donate to help our community. They provide a number of services including a food pantry twice a month, feeding hungry kids, and a clothing closet.
Please visit their website to donate or volunteer!
If you or someone you know are needing assistance, you can contact them through the website for help too.