- This Wednesday night, I will be sharing about my recent trip to Uganda and will be preaching. I will have videos and pictures!
Fear thou not...
Fear Thou Not…
Isaiah 41:10 (KJV)
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee:
be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee;
yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
These words “Fear Thou Not” Are so comforting. The phrase Jesus spake, “Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid”, to the disciples when walking on the water rings in my ears when I see the words fear not. We truly have nothing to fear when we are on the Lord’s side. For When we are on His side than He is on ours, just as the verse says, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee:” Then He goes on to remind us that He is God; as though we forget that God can do anything. But this happens to all; even the giants of the faith had to be reminded every now and again that God will never leave them nor forsake them. (Think back to Elijah in 1 Kings 19 when he was running from Jezebel.)
God goes on to explain what it means when He says He is with us in three ways.
1) He will strengthen us. I’m so glad that God knows our weakness. I’m so glad that He knows in our weakness we can do nothing, but in His strength we can do all things. It’s great to know that He will strengthen us.
2) He will help us. It’s great to know that He will help us. I love having the help of my earthly father when constructing things. He knows more and has much more experience than I do. But the help of an earthly father is only good in some areas of life. And it’s definitely not infinite, nor is it perfect. God’s help is 100% satisfying. His help comes with His infinite wisdom which covers all areas of life. I’m glad to know that when I stand where God is I have all the help I need.
3) Then He upholds us in His righteousness. See, God is with us when we make the decision to humble ourselves and come to Him. Then He lifts us up. (James 4:7-10) I’ll explain it with the verse that says, “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” (Amos 3:3) The answer is No! God does not agree with us in the state we are in. I have to understand that “in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing” (Romans 7:18), and “we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags”. So, God is on our side, standing with us, when we choose to agree with Him. And when we make that wonderful choice to humble ourselves and come before Him He upholds us in His righteousness. He doesn’t leave us in the pitiful state that He saves us from, but He strengthens, helps and upholds us in His Righteous Hand. It’s all because of His righteousness that we are saved, 1 Peter 2:24, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” And it is His righteousness that we stand in today. “Fear thou not”, God is with you! He will strengthen, help, and uphold you in His righteousness.
- Lake Valley Baptist posted an announcement
Winter Relief - Nov. 24th -Dec. 15thDonations needed now for those in need! Church will be accepting donations for "Serve Moses Lake" - Scarves & Wool Caps - Hand & Foot Warmers - Wool Blankets & Sleeping Bags - Winter Coats & Warm Gloves - Winter Boots & Socks
- Welcome! I'm glad you are here. Lake Valley Baptist has a heart to reach Moses Lake, WA and beyond with the life-giving and life-changing message of Jesus. We believe in the unchanging message of the Gospel, and its power to transform the human heart.
- Bryant Sager posted an announcement
Ladies Christmas PartyJoin us for a ladies Christmas party at the Sager's house - December 14th, 2021 @ 7 P.M. Bring your favorite food and a gift worth $10.