General • Bellingham, WA • 20 members • 473 followers
About this group
A discussion forum for MinistryTracker.com users.
- Welcome to the Ministry Tracker group! This is your home for all things Ministry Tracker, which recently joined Faithlife, the creators of Logos Bible Software. Here you’ll get special offers, announcements about new features, and most of all, customer support. You can connect with our customer service team to get real-time help or suggest new features for Ministry Tracker. You can also interact with other users to share tips and tricks. Follow this group to so you don’t miss out, and be sure to return with any questions. We’re glad you’re here.
- Welcome to the group! I'm so excited to have the Ministry Tracker team joining Faithlife, and we're excited to start making Ministry Tracker even better. If you've got a 'Top 3' list of things you'd like to see added (or changed) in Ministry Tracker, I'd love to hear it!
- Under the details on the member profile is a section that allows me to enter "yes" or "no" for if the person is a member. How can I pull a report that pulls in all in ministry tracker that are currently a member?
- Playing some more in the system, I found where I can do an advance search in People. Is that the best way of filtering for this information?
- Is there a way for an enhancement to be put into the ministry tracker system that would allow you to choose an "already" set up group for taking of manual attendance from an event, rather than having to go through all people listed? For example: I have an event named Sunday School and I have groups set up for each Sunday School class with their roster. It would be nice if there was a feature that allowed me to click into the Sunday School event, choose an already set up group and just check off those on the roster that are in attendance.
- Broadway Church of the Nazarene, You can definitely do this already! Navigate to the Event Go to Manual Attendance Click the Funnel Icon in the top right Corner to Filter People Filter by your Sunday School Group This allows you to have a single event that you can take attendance for but have different attendance rosters based on the criteria of your groups you have set: classrooms, grade level, age, etc...
- Awesome!! Thank you so much!! Still learning.....
- Broadway Church of the Nazarene it was a great question and the fact that you asked the question helps us know that the filter icon isn't self evident and that we can improve the User Experience to better highlight the powerful features that are there but not always self evident. So thank you for asking the question as that will help us improve the product moving forward.
- Hi there. How do I upgrade someone to see the invoices in the billing section?
- Hi James Johnston2, Click on the persons profile then click Edit in the upper right. In the User Account section (also on the right side), click on Permissions. If you want to give someone access to the admin portal, check Volunteer or Staff box then scroll through the permissions and check/uncheck as needed.
- Can someone tell me how to correct pledge payments in the prior fiscal year? I have a payment made in June that should be in the persons current year and I can't seem to find where to go to change it.
- That is my question, how do I find the gift in question. It is from the previous fiscal year & it doesn't show in her record.
- Thanks for your help. Now if I forget again, I can look back at this email and be reminded.
- — EditedWe are looking at using Ministry Tracker for Sign-In at our Campus Life programs. We run programming Monday through Thursdays and see a variety of students each week. For attendance, is there a way to red flag when a high school student is trying to get into a Middle School event or vice versa?? Just curious. I've been looking around during our free trial and haven't been able to locate anything for that. Thanks!
- Central Michigan Youth for Christ thanks for that question. There isn't a "red flag" alert for something like that but it's an interesting idea. It would mean you'd have to define the group of people that could attend a specific event ahead of time (meaning a bit more work during set-up) but it could be done. We have been focused on making the setup as easy as possible to streamline everything. Is this a regular problem that you have (e.g. the wrong age trying to attend events not targeted for them?) or a once a year problem? Trying to get a feel for how often this occurs.
- Hello! Is there way to make a directory or a report of everyone who is a visitor? Also, how can I differentiate between volunteers and ministry leaders? How can I make a list of everyone who is a the head of a ministry and who is on that ministry team? Thanks!
- I was able to find out who was a visitor but I can't exclude who is NOT a visitor unless I export to excel. I use the Role tagging but our leaders aren't paid staff. Is there a way to differentiate between someone who is a volunteer leader and someone who is a paid leader? I see that there is a way for me to tag someone who is a leader under Details-Spiritual, but I don't see how I can use that information to sort using that information.
- I think I misunderstood what the leader tag meant under Spiritual. It seems to be for Student Leader. It wasn't very clear. This means that I will have to add everyone who is a ministry leader as a staff member. I can then use the custom section to indicate what they are the head of. Does this sound right?
- New Beginnings Christian Church, why can you only exclude who is not a visitor through excel? You can click on a column title to order it by ascending or descending order like in Excel. Also, Visitor is a search criteria that can be set to 'Yes' or 'No'. Also, are you utilizing the User Account - Permissions to separate people? In other words, are you finding that you need more categories other than Staff and Volunteer that's provided there? You could just create a Custom Field, call it something akin to "Role in Church", and that will be searchable for the values that you enter. Let me know if you want to plan a time for a phone call and we can go over possibilities on how to best approach this all.
- Hello everyone, Looking for some input/help on Family record use function in doing Mail Merge action. Right now MT won't allow Family record use for Mail Merge, but thinking other church orgs needing a mailer to a family and not to all of the individuals of a family. I haven't asked MT support, but figured I would also ask here if others are doing this a different way? Thanks, Benito
- Benito Urbina Ministry Tracker definitely supports the family with mail merge. But we are aware that the feature isn't as clear to access as you may like. If you are actually using an Excel file for the mail merge then you'd want to use the Advanced Search to create the file and select to have the Family ID and Family Display Name in your output columns in addition to any other fields you want such as address, city, state, and zip. Once your file is in Excel, remove duplicates in Family ID and you're ready to go. Ministry Tracker can generate the labels you need for mailings by family as well, so if you're not actually needing an Excel file for a mail merge, but just need the envelopes then in the Reports -> Labels & Envelopes section choose to Address To "Family/Person" and then make sure "Merge records at same address" is checked. That will print labels for each family (and one for individuals if not part of a family). If you need additional support please reach out to our customer support team. We're here to support you. 1-888-634-2038
- Benito Urbina, I think Mark Alway answered it for you. Here are the instructions for removing the duplicates within excel. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/filter-for-unique-values-or-remove-duplicate-values-ccf664b0-81d6-449b-bbe1-8daaec1e83c2 Happy to help however I can if you have any additional questions.Filter for unique values or remove duplicate valuesFilter for unique values, remove duplicate values, and conditionally format unique or duplicate values in Excel.support.office.com
- Hello! Is there a way to archive old folders from previous years? if it is possible, what are the steps to do this?/ Thank you, Angela
- Also, the 888 number you provided above is not answering this morning...
- Sorry, Mark.. I changed your name. I found out that David called and was directed to a teammate called Angela as well, but her last name is Loran...
- We just released another customer requested feature: The option for short security numbers on child check-in labels. You can now choose to use a short (4 digit) numbers or continue to use the more secure long (15 character) code. To choose which type of security number you desire, edit your existing signon configuration (or create a new one). You can create and edit signon configurations from the Events -> Attendance Tools -> Signon Configs menu. You'll see two options below the security number checkbox where you can choose your security number length. If you have any questions please reach out to our awesome customer support team members and they'll be happy to assist you.
- Quick question...if someone is creating a profile through the member portal & fails to add themselves to a family (or create one) in the setup process; how do they go about adding themselves to a family later? OR do I need to create a family unit for them, add them to it & then they can add more family members on their own then?