General • Bellingham, WA • 20 members • 484 followers
About this group
A discussion forum for MinistryTracker.com users.
- Welcome to the Ministry Tracker group! This is your home for all things Ministry Tracker, which recently joined Faithlife, the creators of Logos Bible Software. Here you’ll get special offers, announcements about new features, and most of all, customer support. You can connect with our customer service team to get real-time help or suggest new features for Ministry Tracker. You can also interact with other users to share tips and tricks. Follow this group to so you don’t miss out, and be sure to return with any questions. We’re glad you’re here.
- Welcome to the group! I'm so excited to have the Ministry Tracker team joining Faithlife, and we're excited to start making Ministry Tracker even better. If you've got a 'Top 3' list of things you'd like to see added (or changed) in Ministry Tracker, I'd love to hear it!
- What is the best way to attach the online giving feature to my website?
- What website provider are you using? Most website providers have a CTA (call to action) or a widget where you can add a button that will redirect to a specific URL. I would then add a 'Give' button that redirects to your member portal page.
- Okay, I will let our IT guy know. Thank you.
- There are several ways to do it Greg. The first question I would have you ask yourself though, is do you want your members to login to give, or are you happy to do a little "linking" on your end so they don't have to login? Answer that question and you'll know which URL to use. The EasyGive URL (which you can make a button as Matt shared) doesn't require people to login. They can give via an email or telephone number and then on the backend administration side your staff would link each giver to an actual record in your Ministry Tracker database (only have to do it once per person.) The easy give URL is just your existing web address for Ministry Tracker with easygive in front. So for example, if your URL was "rockmin.ministrytracker.com" you can use "easygive.rockmin.ministrytracker.com" as the EasyGive URL. I would usually recommend Easy Give to new giving customers because it doesn't require login and can get your donors started right away.
- When I am using Ministry Tracker on my IPhone, there have been times that I would get a text that I have to respond to immediately. When I return to Ministry Tracker I have to log back in and start over. Is there a solution to this? I'm excited to have the access to the system through my phone, but find it a little aggravating at times to have to go back in and log in when I'm multi-tasking.
- I need to see if there's a way to alter a view on the site. Going to Families and then overview, it pulls "new members". The new members view shows the family name as well as the family members. When you click into "active" or "inactive" though it only shows the family name. I need this view to also show the "family members" as well. Also can this view also show the photo of the family?
- Would it be possible to add an extra email field to a person's profile (i.e. work email, personal/home email)?
- Mark Alway — EditedFeel free to do that with a custom field right now. We have discussed formalizing it into the UI but then it complicates everything else for example: 1) You need to a UI to pick which email is shown in the directory. 2) When sending an email you need to be able to pick which email to use (one, all, or just home, etc). 3) When opting out user must be able to pick which email they're opting out. 4) In communication preferences user needs to be able to set which email is their preferred or even an option to send alerts to one, but general announcements to another, etc. So definitely interested in adding the feature but needing to ensure the other questions are answered along with it.
- I totally understand, & figured that would probably be the best route. Thanks so much for all your hard!
- Glitch? or User Issue (it might be me). Whenever I prepare an email to my congregation I select TO: EVERYONE. This is what I want. When I click PREVIEW and maybe I see something to fix so I go back and EDIT. Then when I click PREVIEW again MINISTRY TRACKER automatically changes my EVERYONE selection to only the first 23 people. Several times I've accidently sent an all church email only to the first page of my congregation. I wish my "to who" selection didn't change when I edit an email. Like I said, it could be something I'M doing.
- Jerry Rittenhouse, the system is tuned to remember your last selection if you had selected a group previously. If you haven't sent out anything to a specific group then it should remember your "everyone" selection. Are you sending a message to one or more groups first and then selecting everyone for a subsequent message?
- Under the details on the member profile is a section that allows me to enter "yes" or "no" for if the person is a member. How can I pull a report that pulls in all in ministry tracker that are currently a member?
- Playing some more in the system, I found where I can do an advance search in People. Is that the best way of filtering for this information?
- Is there a way for an enhancement to be put into the ministry tracker system that would allow you to choose an "already" set up group for taking of manual attendance from an event, rather than having to go through all people listed? For example: I have an event named Sunday School and I have groups set up for each Sunday School class with their roster. It would be nice if there was a feature that allowed me to click into the Sunday School event, choose an already set up group and just check off those on the roster that are in attendance.
- Broadway Church of the Nazarene, You can definitely do this already! Navigate to the Event Go to Manual Attendance Click the Funnel Icon in the top right Corner to Filter People Filter by your Sunday School Group This allows you to have a single event that you can take attendance for but have different attendance rosters based on the criteria of your groups you have set: classrooms, grade level, age, etc...
- Awesome!! Thank you so much!! Still learning.....
- Broadway Church of the Nazarene it was a great question and the fact that you asked the question helps us know that the filter icon isn't self evident and that we can improve the User Experience to better highlight the powerful features that are there but not always self evident. So thank you for asking the question as that will help us improve the product moving forward.
- Hi there. How do I upgrade someone to see the invoices in the billing section?
- Hi James Johnston2, Click on the persons profile then click Edit in the upper right. In the User Account section (also on the right side), click on Permissions. If you want to give someone access to the admin portal, check Volunteer or Staff box then scroll through the permissions and check/uncheck as needed.
- Can someone tell me how to correct pledge payments in the prior fiscal year? I have a payment made in June that should be in the persons current year and I can't seem to find where to go to change it.
- That is my question, how do I find the gift in question. It is from the previous fiscal year & it doesn't show in her record.
- Thanks for your help. Now if I forget again, I can look back at this email and be reminded.