General • Bellingham, WA • 20 members • 433 followers
About this group
A discussion forum for MinistryTracker.com users.
- Welcome to the Ministry Tracker group! This is your home for all things Ministry Tracker, which recently joined Faithlife, the creators of Logos Bible Software. Here you’ll get special offers, announcements about new features, and most of all, customer support. You can connect with our customer service team to get real-time help or suggest new features for Ministry Tracker. You can also interact with other users to share tips and tricks. Follow this group to so you don’t miss out, and be sure to return with any questions. We’re glad you’re here.
- Welcome to the group! I'm so excited to have the Ministry Tracker team joining Faithlife, and we're excited to start making Ministry Tracker even better. If you've got a 'Top 3' list of things you'd like to see added (or changed) in Ministry Tracker, I'd love to hear it!
- Quick question...if someone is creating a profile through the member portal & fails to add themselves to a family (or create one) in the setup process; how do they go about adding themselves to a family later? OR do I need to create a family unit for them, add them to it & then they can add more family members on their own then?
- If your ministry might be affected by Hurricane Florence and you need assistance sending notifications to your congregation via Text Message or Voice Calls please call our customer support team at 1-888-634-2038. We are extending special rates for call and text credits so you can stay in touch and alert your congregation as needed.
- I have a member who set up recurring donations for online giving and now wishes to stop the recurring donations but the system will not let him. How can I help him?
- — EditedHi, I need some assistance from tech support with Merging our two areas. I have been unsuccessful with getting follow-up from support. I spoke to MT support and received the information on requirements for doing the merge. However, I sent two emails in the past weeks, but have not heard back from anyone. Thanks
- David Groh (Faithlife) — EditedJust wanted to follow up on this. Frederick and I have connected and moved forward with the consolidation
- When someone gives (either via text to give or through the member portal, are they required to set up a profile? If not, is there a way to make it a requirement. The reason I ask is because we had someone give, but there is no profile in our database system (in any area). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
- Frank Wright, interesting, most churches wanted the opposite -- the ability to give without the complication of creating a profile. In your case, have your admins create a profile for this individual/family. You can then "link" any gifts from their number or email to that profile in your system. You can force people to create a new profile before giving but not via text to Give -- only by handing out the member portal link itself (not the easy give link). But it should be pretty straight forward to create a profile for these folks and then link their gift (and that would automatically link all future gifts from them too) to their profile. Customer service can walk you through exactly how that's done if you have any questions.
- Is there anyway, when looking at the Family Profile, either the List or Table tab could show first instead of the diagram? As it it currently, we pull up the profile, then click on another tab in order to obtain information. We also desperately would like to see the age and grade in the List or Table tab so that we know which person to click on for families that have multiple children. Is there anyway to move the notification pop up when editing a profile? Currently it pops up & sounds in the upper right hand corner and covers the search field so you can't move on to other profiles until it disappears. This tends to really slow things down when I have many changes to make. Thank you so much for being responsive and working with all of us to try to make MT as user friendly as possible. I know it must seem like quite a task from your end.
- Thanks David, just tried it, works great!
- Thank you David!! That will be very helpful!
- Hello, our church doesn't use the giving function of MT. But is there a way for us to record the total offering for Sunday Manual and keep a track of it through MT? Currently we use Churchmetric but it will be helpful if we can just have the record on MT. Thank youy
- Caleb Her hopefully you've been able to reach out to our support team for customized help, but just in case, here's a community response that might help others too. We always recommend keeping track of individual giving so that Ministry Tracker can generate your tax receipts for each family at the end of the year. However, if you didn't want to track it individually, but just wanted on "catch-all" way of doing it at the end of each service, that's possible too. When recording a gift you can attribute it to: 1. A Person 2. A Family 3. An anonymous source Some options in the case that you wanted to track the total for a week would be either create a person that might have a name like "Weeks Total Gifts" and then already record the total to that same person, or to use an anonymous source. The reason I recommend maybe creating a person by that name is that you'll be able to view that record and all the gifts would be shown at the bottom of that page so you can see week by week what was recorded without having to search for the "anonymous" names you use each week. Anonymous sources aren't "linked" because they're anonymous and so if you spelled on incorrectly or used a different case from week to week they'll show up as different donors. So I would recommend creating a person named "Weeks Total Gifts" and then record all weekly gifts to that account by simply "recording a gift" under the finance tab each week.
- Thank you!
- Quick thought, would it be possible (or not too difficult) to add a "counter" for the amount of people registered (4/10 registered OR 0/1 registered) for each event on the Member Portal calendar event? The reason behind this is, I have a recurring event setup each Sunday night for youth parents to sign up to provide a snack supper. I have set it up where there is only space for 1 person. I tell the parents that if they try to sign up for one of the nights & they get put on the waiting list, that means it is already full & I ask that they pick another night. I recently noticed that 1 parent signed up for about 2 months worth of these events (a good problem to have since that means that those nights are covered), each time to find that she was on the waiting list. She hasn't said anything to me, but I am guessing it was probably getting a little frustrating & she might have thought about just not even signing up. Just a thought, not sure how hard it would be though. Thanks in advance if it is possible!!!
- We see the need for what you are wanting to do but don't necessarily agree with the suggested solution. Just like Volunteers can volunteer for an event and you can manage them with the resources calendar, we are working to allow you to "volunteer" for specific roles and to put limits on the number of people who can be in each role. This would allow you to have people sign up for being a welcomer, or a bus driver, or whatever, and have all of that managed by Ministry Tracker. Simply displaying the number of registered (which is actually the number of registered people attending the event) wouldn't help and might actually be more confusing. So there is a plan in the works to enhance the volunteer scheduling and management of resources tool that would be the best solution. Not sure of the timeline on that at the moment.
- Looking forward to that!
- That makes sense! Thanks for touching base & I look forward to the enhanced volunteer scheduler as well!!
- I would love to hear from those of you that use the financial piece of MT. Specifically the donor piece. What do you do with the donors that don't go to your church, are simply donating to a mission trip, camp etc? Do you have to setup a profile for those people and if so, doesn't that create problems when you are texting/emailing/mailing your congregation etc? Meaning aren't you then communicating with people that don't attend. How do you keep your database "clear"?
- Colette, we do add a donor, even if it is a one time donation. (They may need a tax receipt). When we set up their profile, we select 'do not email' and 'do not text' within their profile. In the mass email you can always check to see if they are on the list, if so, delete that instance. Hope this helps.
- Colette Norton, Not sure if you are still trying to figure out a SOP yet, but just in case you haven't OR if others are curious as well, here is what we do... We created a custom field entitled "Contributor Only" & for those people/companies that give either for a mission trip, camp, etc. we make sure to input data into that field (usually with what they donated to OR a simple "yes"). Lei's method works great to make sure they don't get contacted, but we prefer to add that extra step so we can know where they donated (i.e. mission trip golf fundraiser), so we can contact them again the next year to see if they are interested in donating again or if we need to send out end of year tax information. When we send out mass communication to our congregation (i.e. weekly emails, text blasts about changes in times, etc.) we have created groups that make sure to exclude profiles that have data in the Contributor Only field (if that makes sense) & use those groups to send out church related information. Hope this helps
- Thank you!