- Here's a general question for you pastors. We all appreciate Logos Software and MP Seminars, and we all know that you have to invest time in learning the software to master it well. I know a pastor who is an excellent teacher, and he incorporates a lot of research into his sermons. But, I also heard one of his older church members complain, "The pastor spends too much time in his office on the blame computer instead of getting out and being with people when they're hurting..." So, pastors, how do you use Logos and master how to use it well... without it mastering you? Suggestions?
- Reading Eugene Peterson's , Contemplative Pastor, would be a good start; According to Him the preachers role is to show members how grace works in their lives and not to "wait on tables". I've had Logos for a long time but have sidelined it just as long because of its demand, only now I'm trying to Catch up. If you don't make a timetable, surely I'll agree, your congregation will suffer and so will your family and community. Remember there is also 2 Tim 2:2; even though you may have a staff you still only have one body and can be only be in one place at a time. I found that this is the shortcoming of most pastors, they don't "raise faithful men" (who will in turn, raise their own faithful men). Even if people are suffering and one of your faithful men comes to them, they will recognize that their problem is getting attention and probably would not need your personal presence or input.
- Find a way to show Logos to members of the church, and get members of the church interested in using Logos for their Bible study. Then the member that is complaining may be “spending too much time in his office on the computer” when he realizes he’s going deeper into Bible study than he ever imagined.
- This is most likely NOT a study issue (maybe, but probably not). I would suspect that the congregation member has issues with computers and thinks of them as a waste of time. This won't be fixed in a board room. This will only be handled one on one with that member. And they may never agree. But Logos is not the issue. I would tell them it would take me longer without Logos to do them same amount of work. As Morris says, think of it as your own team of research assistants. Best part is the church doesn't have to hire them.
- I am recent member to the MP Seminar group. I completed viewing the Camp Logos Inductive video training from Murfreesboro. In the last session you sent out an invitation link to the members of the training to download guides. Can I have access to the group link so that I can download the information?
- I'm trying to learn the ins-outs of the Sentence Diagramming Tool in Logos 8. Have you done any videos or know of any guides that will help?
- Thanks, Myke. Nathan — I looked on MP Seminars, but didn’t see anything. Maybe I missed it. Thanks!
- There are links to a guide and another video here: https://www.logos.com/features/sentence-diagramming
- You can get this book in logos that will walk you through the process from the very beginning. "Diagrammatical Analysis" by Lee L. Kantenwein. I checked and it is still available from the logos website. Posted cost is $8.99. This is very helpful if you fell asleep in those diagramming parts of English OR Greek. Hope this helps. It is worth the cost.
- A Logos user emailed asking if it's possible to create a Reading Plan based just on the words of Christ in red. I created 2 plans, one based on just the Gospels and the other the entire NT. You can download them from the Bible Study section in the sidebar and then edit them as you desire.
- Find new relationships between Old Testament and New Testament passages:Quickly See Relationships between OT and NT Passages |mpseminars.com
- Morris Proctor Seminars published a newsletterReadMP Seminars Site UpdateImportant Message from Morris
Hello fellow Logos user,
For over 20 years I’ve had the privilege of being the authorized trainer for Logos and providing various training products. With this email, I’m thrilled to announce our most bold and comprehensive training venture yet: A NEW AND IMPROVED ONLINE TRAINING WEBSITE!
If you’re already a subscriber, please review the new features and details as described below.
If you’re not a subscriber yet, please check out all that's available to you in the ever-expanding video training library with a low-cost subscription.
As always, all of us at MP Seminars are working hard to be your source for Logos training.
- When I highlight text in my Logos desktop app and select "Add Highlight" from the popup menu, it appears as highlighted text in the desktop version but does not show up in my mobile app as a highlight. Instead it only shows up in the Notes as an annotation like a Note file. But if I highlight the text in my mobile app, it shows up as a highlight in both the mobile and desktop version. How can I highlight in the desktop version to have it show up as a highlight in both desktop and mobile without having to open the Highlighter panel and select a highlighter? Am I missing something? Thanks!
- Follow these steps to easily send a search to an inline search:Send a Search to an Inline Search |mpseminars.com
- Here are some easy steps to make your searches more detailed and effective:Detailed Searches Made EasyIf you’ve been to Camp Logos before, you may recall we discussed a powerful search query that located synonyms occurring close to one another. For example, imagine we want to find where our resourc…mpseminars.com