Morris Proctor Seminars
Organization • Murfreesboro, TN • 10 members • 9,907 followers
- See how to Search for the Men-De Greek Discourse Feature with Morris!Search for the Men-De Greek Discourse FeatureIn a previous blog I showed how to use the reverse interlinear to identify the μέν – δέ construction in the New Testament. Please review that blog to fully understand the significance of this disco…mpseminars.com
- Take a look at the Greek Discourse Feature with Morris!An Introduction to the Men-De Greek Discourse FeatureI was recently studying 1 Peter 3:18 which in the ESV ends with: being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit Using the inline interlinear feature I observed at the beginning of the…mpseminars.com
- Do you want to know how to search both Lemma and Manuscript forms of words? Check this out!Search Both Manuscript and Lemma Forms of WordsAs you well know the Bible was not written in English, but rather the Old Testament in Hebrew (with a little Aramaic) and the New Testament in Greek. Thus when searching in the Bible, it’s better t…mpseminars.com
- See how to Prioritize Individual Volumes with Morris!Prioritize Individual Volumes from Commentary SetsRecently I’ve been asked basically the same question from various Logos users. The gist of the question goes like this: I own numerous multi-volume sets of commentaries. In the Library when I drag …mpseminars.com
- Do you need Help with the Geographical Context in the Gospels? Check this out!Help with the Geographical Context in the GospelsWith the vast number of resources available in the Logos base collections, it’s very easy for a valuable resource to get lost if we’re not careful. A case in point is the Lexham Geographic Commenta…mpseminars.com
- — Edited
- See what Morris has to say about Biblical References in Lexicons!Highlight Biblical References in LexiconsJust like English words, a lot of Hebrew and Greek words have multiple possible meanings. Many lexicons, therefore, list all the possibilities for these biblical words. Some Hebrew and Greek dicti…mpseminars.com
- I'm still wrapping my head around Logos & after the Bootcamp webinar. For researching an upcoming sermon series how would I create a search phrase in L7 to pull out all the times in the Gospel Jesus said "if." I tried: <Person Jesus> AND "if" but it includes when other people were talking not just Jesus. Thanks
- If you haven't already tried it, I would recommend visiting or posting your question in the Logos Bible Software forums. I've seen a lot of questions answered about how to create various searches. http://community.logos.com/forums/
- Though I just noticed you posed this in the "Morris Proctor Seminar" group, so my comment was probably unnecessary. But the forums I referenced are helpful anyway. Blessings!
- I do not see the link to Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians when I follow.
- Hi , this earlier post https://faithlife.com/posts/1219637 discusses the Ephesians commentary and how you get it.Morris Proctor Seminars - FaithlifeI've followed the new MP Seminars Faithlife group. How do I "and receive a FREE download of the commentary Ephesians: Verse by Verse by Dr. Grant Osborne."?faithlife.com
- We had a tremendous response to our first Camp Logos Inductive webinar. In fact, we’re still getting requests from Logos users who were unavailable during the live-stream, but wish to watch it online. So we’re opening up registration again. The recorded webinar will be posted online until May 31. You can purchase a ticket to view as much as you like during this time period. http://mpseminars.com/shop/ticket/webinar/Camp Logos Inductive Recorded WebinarIn case you missed the live-stream of Camp Logos Inductive, you can still take the class by purchasing your ticket to view the recorded webinar as much as you like through May 31, 2018! During t…mpseminars.com
- published a newsletterReadMP Seminars May Newsletter
Today’s blog question comes from a participant in our Camp Logos Inductive Webinar: I thoroughly enjoyed the webinar! I especially liked the insights you offered regarding the Hebrew word translated “meditate” in Joshua 1:8. I’ve been doing my own study of the word, but I’m having trouble understanding the numbers under the Senses ring in […]
In case you missed any of the tips and tricks from recent blog posts, here are some quick links:
- Is there a way to print book covers from your Library? All we see are thumbnails and sometimes we want to put a book cover in our [sermon] presentations.
- Hi , perhaps someone from MP Seminars has a simple answer to this question, but I was able to go to the Logos product page for this month's free book and simply save the cover image to my desktop. This might be a workaround for you until something better is found. Here's the image I saved: