- David Taylor Jr , it was required to enter phone number, church name, church position, number of members, etc., a little unusual to be mandatory data. FWIW, I also never got a link to join after registering and so was unable to participate, so they got free information from me without my being able to get anything out of it. Also unusual.
- Rev. Kevin Obermeyer oh the registration for the event, I understand now. It actually makes sense the information they requested. Different tiers of equip based on church size. Not like that is super sensitive data. The link was displayed on the screen when you were done registering but I will say it would have been easy to miss.
- Journals are some of the most valuable, yet under-used, resources as they relate to Bible study and biblical research. In light of that, please join Morris for a FREE 50-minute webinar as he helps you unlock the power and potential of these tools. He’ll show you how to acquire, archive, and most importantly access them in Logos. You’ll learn power-user features for finding just the right article for a reference, topic, date, and author.Working with JournalsEnhance your Bible study by joining Morris for a FREE training webinar as he explains numerous features in the Bible Word Study Guide.event.webinarjam.com
- The UBS Handbook Series is often recommended in the seminars here. If you don't want to buy the Platinum Base Package, the series is on sale.UBS Handbooks Series: Old Testament, New Testament, and Deuterocanonical Books (66 vols.)The UBS Handbooks are detailed commentaries providing valuable exegetical, historical, cultural, and linguistic information on the books of the Bible. The text is discussed verse by verse, and is accompanied by running text in at least one modern English translation. Over the years, church leaders and Bible readers have found the UBS Handbooks to be useful for their own study of the Scriptures.www.logos.com
- ReadSpecial OfferUp to 70% OFF God Works All Things Together for Your Good
If you’ve heard me teach Logos, you’ve probably also heard me talk about my mentor and friend Rob Morgan who taught me exegesis and expository preaching. A few years back, Rob wrote a book called “The Promise” based on Romans 8:28. Of the many books he has written, this is one of the best. Rob presents this “all things work together for good” verse in the context of Romans and also provides practical, personal, and pastoral application.
If you’re a pastor or people-helper, you’ve probably encountered heart-wrenching situations with people asking “Why did God allow this to happen?” or “Does God really have a reason for everything?” This book is perfect for them and us as we need to be reminded of God’s ultimate loving purpose in all things.
The reason I’m writing is because Rob had copyrights reverted to him and produced this book as his first self-published work with the new name “God Works All Things Together for Your Good.” It was featured on Dr. David Jeremiah’s Turning Point, with tens of thousands distributed.
In light of being self-published, his team is offering deep discounts for a limited time - you can receive 70% OFF (only $5 per book) for case orders which provides a great way to secure copies for people-helping ministry. In addition, a study guide and video series are available.
This book is an excellent ministry tool which I hope you’re able to take advantage of! Learn more about this special offer below.
- Good morning all, hope all is going well. I'm slowly getting familiar with Logos 9 and have 2 questions. 1. Using the Sermon builder template for Sunday School. I used the title for the 6 week unit as the series title, all good, but in the topic field are you only able to use the predetermined topics? For Example I wanted to use "God's Nature" but when I type that and move to the next field the topic goes blank. Same with passage field. 2. I have a a devotional quick card placed on the dashboard and each morning I have to click several times before I can get it to open, is this normal or am I doing something wrong? thanks for your input
- This may be a glitch with the latest update a couple of days ago (to 9.3 for me) because I'm also having that trouble with the sermons now, which I was not prior to the latest update. As for the devotional card, it may just be because Logos is a huge memory hog and sometimes takes a little bit to respond.
- Ok, interesting, my topic and verse fields are now operating properly. You should be able to start typing in the Topic or Passages box and then wait a few seconds (or several depending on your computer), and a dropdown will appear that will allow you to choose from preset topics or the linked Bible verse(s) you want. Yes, the preset topics are the only ones that will remain in the box. But with different ways of wording your topic, you're bound to find something close.
- Thanks for the nugget on the "men-de" construction in 1 Peter 3:18. I Just noticed the same thing in Romans 6:11 using the help you posted on the blog.
- Joshua Rowe published a newsletterReadFREE WEBINAR Bible Word Study Guide: Top FeaturesTomorrow, February 25th, at 2pm (CDT)
The Bible Word Study Guide provides great assistance for original language word study, assuming we know the purposes of the major sections. For example: How do Lemma and Root differ? What’s the relationship between Translation and Senses? Why is Preposition Use only active for some words?
Discover answers to these questions and enhance your Bible study by joining Morris for a FREE training webinar as he explains numerous features in the Bible Word Study Guide.
- Hello everyone. I am trying to find a way to highlight multiple occurrences of a word at the same time, not having to highlight each occurrence individually. Is there a way to do so? Thanks!
Rev. Kevin Obermeyer — EditedI don't think you can highlight like that if you mean using the highlighter tools, but you can create a visual filter so all occurrences appear in whatever highlighter format you choose so you can see them all in any place of text. You can then toggle the filter on and off.
- Thanks for the idea. I'll try and see if it works for me. God bless
- Have you tried using a "visual filter"? https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016747431-Create-a-Visual-Filter