Call to Worship
Hymn of Faith
Words of Victory
Songs of Worship
Worship Through Giving
Gospel Message - Rev. Reginald M. Sheppard, Pastor
Invitation to Discipleship
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Cor. 9:7 ESV)
Now you can give your tithe, offerings, and gifts anytime and anywhere. New Victory is ready to receive what God has moved your heart to give so that his grace abounds in our lives and for those in need.
Click on the link below, and it will take you to our secure site:
Welcome to New Victory Christian Church! We are so delighted that you are now apart of the Victory Family. If you have not already please plan to begin the five New Disciples sessions and reviewing the five assurances as soon as you are able. These sessions will be helpful and give you a sound foundation of our faith as well as strengthen you for your journey in life. The sessions can be done online or at Victory and are as follows:
- Your New Life in Christ.
- Loving God and Loving Others.
- Who and What is the Church and Our Role as Disciples.
- Our Fight and Spiritual War.
- Our Hope in Christ.
If you need assistance please see Sis. Tawanda Knight, or the Pastor
ONLINE COURSE: SPIRITUAL FOUNDATIONS AND FORMATION
This discipleship course focuses on inviting members of the church to build a solid foundation on belief in the person of Christ and His teachings, gain an understanding of the whole of Scriptures in view of the mission of God, understand that Christ’s example in discipleship is the model for both the process of spiritual growth and the product of spiritual maturity.
Everyone is free to start after you have completed the 5 New Member sessions.
Last week's (Week 7) topic was The Discipline of Fasting. This study helped us to understand how fasting can bring spiritual insight, success in prayer and breakthroughs in the spiritual realm that will never happen in any other way.
In this week's (Week 8) study we asked the question what is the purpose of life? This study will help us to understand that God has a daily blueprint for our lives that He is unfolding before us. Nobody else can fulfill your specific destiny, but by trusting the Holy Spirit to lead and empower you, you will succeed in fulfilling the Lord’s purpose for your life.
Also, this week we are performing Sword Drill for Memory Verse 1 John 5:11-12 (The Assurance of Salvation).
If you need assistance please see the Pastor.
Upcoming Kingdom events:
- The Baltimore, Harford, and Cecil County Ministers and Deacons Union with be hosting Spring Revival on May 16-17, 7: pm at Rooted Bible Fellowship in Edgewood. The theme is "Trusting in God in these Troubled Times (Isaiah 41:10)." Bishop Clifford Johnson Jr. of Mt. Pleasant Ministries will be the nightly revivalist.
- The APG Gospel Service at APG will be hosting their Pillars of Godly Men's Conference 2019 on May 17 -18. Same day walk-in registration; (Main Lobby) and refreshments (In the Social Hall): Fri. May 17, 2019 from 6:00 - 6:50pm. Walk-in registration and breakfast starts at 8am on Sat. May 18, 2019.Their theme this year is "One Accord (Acts 2:1-60." Six pastors from the area will be teaching on the following subjects:
- Men Making Critical Decisions
- A Man and His Relationship with His Children
- A Man and His God
- A Man Dealing with Addictions
- A Man and His Finances
- A Man and His Relationship with His Wife
One Saturday May 18, 2018 at 1:30 pm the baptismal waters with be prepared for several candidates for baptism.
Baptism is 1. Water baptism is a symbolic profession of one's faith in God, it symbolizes persons being cleansed of sin, and it symbolizes dying to our old selves and being raised new to a new life in Christ Jesus.
We are asking all leaders to be on hand and members to come in support for the strengthening and celebration of our new church family members public confession through baptism.