About this group
Shaping lives, sharing faith, spreading God's loveFollow
- Welcome to Ortonville UM Church. Our mission is to lead people to be Shaped by Jesus, so they can Share their faith, and Spread God's love. We believe that staying connected is the best way to grow in grace. Worship? You can join us Sunday's at 10:00am either in-person or on our livestream. What's next? Down load our Faithlife app and check back here regularly for ways to get involved with one of our connect groups, Bible studies, and serving ministries. Have questions? Feel free to contact us at 248.627.3152
- Please pray for the families who lost loved ones today in the tragic incident at Oxford High School. For all the children, staff, parents and families dealing with the trauma. For the emergency personal who are providing care and protection. Lord we know your heart weeps for those who mourn and for all those impacted. Surround them with your love and comforting grace. Lord in your mercy heal this land. The Church will be open the remainder of the day today, and throughout the day tomorrow if anyone needs a place for prayer.
- The Best PROMISE Ever(S1) — Big gift What is the one thing you want that would make this the best Christmas ever? Top Christmas gifts of 2021 — Bombas, Massage Guns, Rechargeable Electric Hand Warmer, Slimline wallet, Crocs, Apple air-tag, everything electronic... (S2) As I get older, having TBCE has little to do with things,…sermons.faithlife.com
- ”Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Happy thanksgiving and Gods blessings to all.
- Jesus is coming soon! Join us this Sunday as we start our journey of Advent, focusing on the true meaning of Christmas. Teaching Series — 'The Best Christmas Ever' Plus an added special event — The baptism of John and Cheryl's daughter Evelyn Lutz!Socialpromovideo(1080P)Watch "Socialpromovideo(1080P)" on Faithlife TV, the premier video library for everyone—students, kids, families, and Bible enthusiasts.tv.faithlife.com
- Join us this Sunday as we begin our advent journey by preparing our hearts for Christmas. Series — The BEST Christmas Ever Nov 28th — The Best PROMISE ever! — Including a Baptism Dec. 5th — The Best TIME ever! Dec. 12th — The Best NEWS ever! Dec 19th — The Best GIFT ever — Our kid's Christmas program Dec. 24th — JESUS the BEST ever — Christmas Eve 7:00pm One important question as I prepare for this series — What makes your best Christmas ever? I welcome responses here! PBJ
- Sermon highlights from 11.21 The King of your Heart? John 18:33-38 Are you a king? "What is truth? were two question asked by Pilate of Jesus. As far as we know Jesus never answered him, maybe because the bigger question is...WHO is the KING of YOUR heart? Where do you get your truth? Who is your source of truth? As Christians — Sometimes we fight harder for this temporary worldly kingdom than we do for God’s eternal kingdom come. Ours is not a fight for this kingdom, but so others will know the kingdom of God in Jesus. How do we know that Jesus is the king of our hearts? Just ask yourself these questions. Seek God's word for truth and the answers you need. 1. Do we BELONG to our truth or God’s truth? 2. Do we LIVE and ACT as if the truth is in us? 3. To whom do we LiSTEN to for truth 4. What do we do with the truth we know? Are we willing to WITNESS to the truth of God’s word? IS JESUS THE KING OF YOUR HEART? PBJ
- The King of Your HeartIntro — Kids and Questions Parent peppered with questions... “Kids ask an average of 40,000 questions between the ages of 2 and 5. 2-300 per day — Warren Berger, author of A More Beautiful Question Where does poo come from?...“And Tigger, too?” “One child wanted to know if his mom had to stay indoors…sermons.faithlife.com
- "Are you a king? What is truth?" Two questions Pilate asked Jesus when he was before him, with his credibility, and life on the line. Yet Jesus chooses not to answer. Maybe because the bigger question is, "who's truth do you live by?" Who is the king of your heart? Jesus was willing to be condemned for the truth, are you? You can only do that if Jesus reigns in all of your life, which starts with a heart fully in love with God. JOIN US FOR WORSHIP TOMORROW as we dive into John 18:33-38 and consider the question, "Who is the king of your heart?"