'I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!”'
We are glad you are here, and we hope you enjoy this opportunity to worship God with us.
Welcome & Prayer
Songs of Worship
Scripture: Philippians 3:1-14
Message: Pastor Dave Maurer
"Objects in the Mirror..."
Hymns of Worship
Live Stream Sign-off
Sharing & Pastoral Prayer
11 am Sunday school opportunities:
- No Children's SS for the month of August.
- Youth - c/o Bill Eberly in the youth room.
- Adults - class will meet in the sanctuary to study the uniform quarterly lesson. The theme this quarter is "Confident Hope. Today we will study lesson 13 - "An Eternal Hope" - c/o Tom Beachy & Brent Maust.
Our church campout starts this Friday, September 3rd - Monday September 6th. Carlene Maust will do a tie dye activity on Saturday. If you would like to participate please bring something white. There will be a worship service at the camp. All are welcome to attend this service at 10:30 am and the potluck that will be at noon.
Marie Maust is planning to be out of town September 2 - 6. Angie Csanyi will be providing coverage for your church nurse needs during that time. You can call or text her at 989-553-1812.
Vision Series: Our Purpose Statement: We exist to glorify God and to be Christ's ambassadors to the world. And our Mission Statement: We express our love for God by worshipping Him together, introducing people to Jesus, nurturing God's family, and serving in obedience to Christ. How is God calling us to live this out? This fall, we will discern together how God is calling us to this work beginning with a vision weekend in which Darren Peachey, CMC conference minister will join us Sept. 11-12. Pray for God's leading as we seek Him.
September 8th is the date we return to our fall programming on Wednesday nights. Potluck will be at 6 pm. Bring a dish to share and join the fellowship. Adult choir will be at 6:30 pm, youth activities and adult Bible Study will be at 7 pm. There will not be any children's classes. A sign up sheet will be on the Welcome Desk to help with potluck set up and clean up.
Two Bible Studies will begin this fall. On Fridays at 8 am there will be a study. September 10th is the start date. Contact Emily if interested. September 14th there is a Tuesday night online bible study. They will study "Get Out of Your Head: A study in Philippians" by Jennie Allen. Contact Beth Maurer to join the online group.
Coming this Fall October 22- Marriage Night Simulcast sponsored by RightNowMedia. This will be a rebroadcast event - Laugh and learn with your spouse as you hear from marriage experts and discover how to honor God in your marriage. Marriage Night is an opportunity to hear principles for a lasting relationship while being challenged to see the greater purpose of marriage, namely, to glorify God and advance his gospel. More details to follow.
Offering Today: PR Ministries - You can mail in your donation. Our online giving portal is on our website You can also check out how easy it is to set up giving through the Faithlife app or text. Simply text the word “GIVE” to (989)217-8181. We appreciate your generosity and flexibility.
Offering next week: Rosedale Bible College
Worship Leader this week: Lyle Gascho
Worship Leader next week: Pastor Dave @ campout; Rich S. @ PR
Fellowship Greeter this week: Theo & Annemiek Poelma
Fellowship Greeter next week: Denny & Debbie Weidman
Pastoral Care this week: Staff
Pastoral Care next week: Gerry Swartzendruber
Prayers for the local church
· Our students as they begin school this week
· Our college students as they move in this week
· Matt Horton's friends, Ben & Kayla Smith
· Pastor Bill’s father recovering from cancer treatment
· Phyllis Bartell's son in law with a terminal illness
· Ken Dietzel's acquaintance, Brian with aneurysms
· Freda Maust regain strength
· Carol Loeffler and family- her with cancer and the passing of her husband Mike
· Judy Carlson's grandson Caleb - recovery from stroke
· Craig family
· RI -Latin America region, while much is considered to be reached with the gospel there is much to be done to disciple and mobilize believers and assist with natural disasters and political unrest.
· Haitian people
· Afghanistan's political unrest