'I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!”'
We are glad you are here, and we hope you enjoy this opportunity to worship God with us.
Welcome & Prayer
Hymns of Worship
Scripture: 2 Cor 4:4-18
Message: Barry Maust
Live stream Sign-off
Sharing & Pastoral Prayer
11 am Sunday school opportunities:
- No Children's Sunday School
- No Youth class this week
- Adults - class will meet in the sanctuary to study the uniform quarterly lesson. The theme this quarter is "Celebrating God. Today we will study lesson 1 - c/o Tom Beachy or Brent Maust.
Marie Maust is planning to be out of town today & tomorrow. Angie Csanyi will be providing coverage for your church nurse needs during that time. You can call or text her at 989-553-1812.
Vision Series: Our Purpose Statement: We exist to glorify God and to be Christ's ambassadors to the world. And our Mission Statement: We express our love for God by worshipping Him together, introducing people to Jesus, nurturing God's family, and serving in obedience to Christ. How is God calling us to live this out? This fall, we will discern together how God is calling us to this work beginning with a vision weekend in which Darren Peachey, CMC conference minister will join us Sept. 11-12. There will be a potluck at noon on September 12th. Pray for God's leading as we seek Him.
This Wednesday, September 8th we return to our fall programming. Potluck will be at 6 pm. Bring a dish to share and join the fellowship. Adult choir will be at 6:30 pm, youth activities and adult Bible Study will be at 7 pm. There will not be any children's classes. A sign-up sheet will be on the Welcome Desk to help with potluck set up and clean up.
Two Bible Studies will begin this fall. On Fridays at 8 am there will be a study. September 10th is the start date. The content is a study on First Corinthians by Jennie Allen. It is on RightNowMedia. Click on this link to see the details. Each session has a study guide. Contact Emily if interested.
September 14th there is a Tuesday night online bible study. They will study "Get Out of Your Head: A study in Philippians" by Jennie Allen. Contact Beth Maurer to join the online group.
Ladies Sewing will start up again on September 8 and will be meeting every Wednesday afternoon from 1:30 -- 4:00 pm. We will continue to work on the quilt that is in the frame and is nearly done. We also have a number of MCC quilts that will be ready for knotting. So sharpen your needles and don your thimbles, 'cuz we have work to do. This is a good way to spend an afternoon with your lady friends!
Our Sunday morning prayer time will resume on September 12th at 8:45 am in the conference room. Please join us! "Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?" ~Corrie Ten Boom
The Updated "Ways to Give" brochures are in your mailboxes. In the last year, we've added additional methods to give. The updated brochure reflects these changes. Please take the time to review the brochure and contact the office if you have questions or are in need of assistance.
Offering Today: Rosedale Bible College - You can mail in your donation. Our online giving portal is on our website You can also check out how easy it is to set up giving through the Faithlife app or text. Simply text the word “GIVE” to (989)217-8181. We appreciate your generosity and flexibility.
Offering next week: PR Ministries
Worship Leader this week: Pastor Dave @ campout; Rich S. @ PR
Worship Leader next week: Pastor Dave
Fellowship Greeter this week: Judy Carlson
Fellowship Greeter next week: Lynn & Brenda Maust
Pastoral Care this week: Gerry Swartzendruber
Pastoral Care next week: Barry Maust
Prayers for the local church
· Openness to the Holy Spirit and the vision that God has for us
· Gifts Discernment ministry
· Freda Maust healing from infection & strength for new pacemaker
· Ben and Kayla Smith family
· Larry Dilleree's brother decision to have leg amputation
· Calvin & Glady's unspoken request
· Brian Simmon's father beginning cancer treatment
· Carol Loeffler and family- her with cancer and the passing of her husband Mike
· Judy Carlson's grandson Caleb - recovery from stroke
· Craig family
· RI- The churches that RI & CMC helped plant in Latin & South America have matured. Now workers have been called through that connection, and RI, through LAMP, seeks ways to facilitate sending these workers out from their churches.
· People's hearts would soften, hear and become believers of Jesus Christ