We are glad you are here, and we hope you enjoy this opportunity to worship God with us.
Join us for prayer in the conference room @ 8:45 am on Sunday Mornings
Week 2 of Advent - Peace
Welcome & Prayer
Advent Candle Lighting - Theo & Annemiek Poelma
Songs of Worship
Advent Drama: “Meet Joe from Jackson, Michigan”
Message: Pastor Dave Maurer
"The Peace of God Which Passes ALL Understanding..."
Hymns of Worship
Mission Moment: Bridges International Video
Live stream sign-off
Sharing and Pastoral Prayer
11 am Sunday School Opportunities
- Children - - Classes ages 2-5th grade in the basement
- Youth - c/o Pastor Bill Eberly in the Youth room
- Adults - 2 options
- Quarterly format studying "From Darkness to Light" Lesson 1 - "Zechariah Hears from God" c/o Tom Beachy/Brent Maust/Lyle Gascho (Conference Room)
- Right Now Media study, End Times Group Study by Stephen Armstrong, session 12 c/o Debi Ackerman (Balcony)
- Coffee orders are due
- Girls of Grace & Boys Club @ 5 pm
Christmas treat bags will be packed for the Seniors, primary dept. & the Huron County inmates. Individually wrapped homemade cookies & treats or store bought cookies and candy are needed to fill approximately 135 bags. Please bring your items and place them on the table in the Fellowship Hall by December 10 @ 9 am.
This Wednesday is an exciting time for our Youth Ministry! Please make plans to join us for the Soup Cook-off and the auction that will follow.
Wednesday morning @ 7 am Men's Prayer Breakfast at First UMC. All men are welcome!
Please join us for a Christmas carol sing along December 18 at 5:00p.m. at Michigan Avenue Mennonite Church. Refreshments to follow.
The Gifts Discernment Committee would like to thank each person who has agreed to serve in the ministry of our church. Gift Affirmation sheets are in your mailboxes. Please look over and return with your response by December 18th. God bless you as you use your gifts to further His kingdom. We still need a few people to help in the Mission /Relief and the Gifts Discernment Ministry. Contact Debi Ackerman if you are interested @ 989-553-1745.
Contact Caitlin Buggia if you would like to serve as a nursery caregiver during our worship services for the coming year and are not already in the rotation.
It's not too late to start your advent candle lighting! There are candles in the Fellowship Hall for you to pick up.
The Soil and The Seed Project's Volume 1 for Advent/Christmas and Epiphany is available on the table in the fellowship hall. Families with young children or anyone wanting a family Advent activity are welcome to take an envelope. This project nurtures faith through music, art and Little Liturgies for daily and weekly use in the home during Advent. The music for the Little Liturgies can be found on Spotify under The Soil and The Seed Project or at thesoilandtheseedproject.org.
The Maurer's will be eating Christmas lunch here at Pigeon River following the morning service and we invite anyone who would like to join us to bring a dish to share and join us in table fellowship as we celebrate to birth of our Savior.
Bible memory cards are available to "train up your child in the way they should go". Please contact Dana to get your child started today!
Ready to get into the Christmas spirit? Grab a Christmas fictional book at the library for those travel plans or just to enjoy as you sit by the tree.
Make plans now to join Faithfully Fit. This weight loss and exercise accountability group will start on January 1. New this year will be setting goals and competition between two teams. We are looking for team captains. Check with Marie for more details.
YFC Spring Break Trip YFC is making plans to return to Florida over spring break. They have booked Jeff Polen to be their speaker along with his band to provide music. The band increases the cost by $2,000. We would like to contribute $1,000 toward this cost. You can help by designating your harvest offering contribution to "YFC Trip Band."
Offering Today: Harvest Offering Kick-off - You can mail in your donation. Our online giving portal is on our website You can also check out how easy it is to set up giving through the Faithlife app or text. Simply text the word “GIVE” to (989)217-8181. We appreciate your generosity and flexibility.
Offering next week: PR Ministries
Worship Leader this week: Rich Swartzendruber
Worship Leader next week: Dale Yoder
Fellowship Greeter this week: Ken & Judy Dietzel
Fellowship Greeter next week: Lyle & Jeannie Gascho
Pastoral Care this week: Diane Wilson
Pastoral Care next week: Gerry Swartzendruber
Nursery this week: Nicole Shupe & Mariam Shupe
Nursery next week: Emily Maust & Josiah Maurer
Prayers for the local church
· Plans for this year's Men, Meat, the Messiah on Dec 10th.
· New ministry positions that have been filled, God would direct each person as they serve
· Health Concerns/Situations
· Judy Dietzel - blood clotting issues
· David Segroves - anxiety & prayers for peace & God's provision
· Pastor Bill's father
· Frank Deming - EEG test and consultation w/ Dr.
· Josiah Maurer - thankful for prayers, continue toward good health
· Children that experience trauma in their lives
· RI - North America - Art & Paula- Pray for Art’s ESL students, many of whom have fled difficult situations in Afghanistan, Ukraine, and Iran. Ask that they would seek God’s face in all they’ve seen.
· Victims of Brazil Flooding
· People in European countries, Ukraine & Russia suffering due to war & with winter dynamics