We are glad you are here, and we hope you enjoy this opportunity to worship God with us.
Join us for prayer in the conference room @ 8:45 am on Sunday Mornings
Week 3 of Advent - Hope
Opening Anthem “Sing We Now of Christmas” -Choir
Welcome & Prayer
Advent Candle Lighting - Jon & Kim Good
Hymns of Worship
Advent Drama: “Baby Plans” (Luke 1:57-80)
Message: Pastor Dave Maurer
“And Hope Does NOT Disappoint!”
Songs of Worship
Live stream sign-off
Sharing and Pastoral Prayer
11 am Sunday School Opportunities
- Children - - Classes ages 2-5th grade in the basement
- Youth - c/o Pastor Bill Eberly in the Youth room
- Adults - No Classes today please join us in the Sanctuary for our Christmas carol hymn sing.
- 11 am – Please join us for our Christmas Carol Hymn sing
- Coffee orders are ready to be picked up
We are invited to a Christmas carol sing along December 18 at 5:00p.m. at Michigan Avenue Mennonite Church. Refreshments to follow.
The Gifts Discernment Committee would like to thank each person who has agreed to serve in the ministry of our church. Gift Affirmation sheets are in your mailboxes. Please look over and return with your response by December 18th. God bless you as you use your gifts to further His kingdom. We still need a few people to help in the Mission /Relief and the Gifts Discernment Ministry. Contact Debi Ackerman if you are interested @ 989-553-1745.
Contact Caitlin Buggia if you would like to serve as a nursery caregiver during our worship services for the coming year and are not already in the rotation.
The Maurer's will be eating Christmas lunch here at Pigeon River following the morning service and invite anyone who would like to join us to bring a dish to share and join us in table fellowship as we celebrate to birth of our Savior.
Plan to start 2023 right by joining Faithfully Fit. A couple of new things have been added to this weight loss and exercise accountability group. We have added spiritual goals to the program. Each person sets their own goals to accomplish each week. Also new this year, there will be two teams that compete to lose the most weight, get the most exercise and accomplish spiritual goals. As you sign up at the welcome center, pick up a goal sheet. These will be used to help make the teams similar. See Marie Maust for more information.
YFC Breakfast Club meets on Thursday mornings at Lakers. Your help is needed to provide food for this connecting event with the students. Here is the meal schedule link to sign up. If you have questions, please contact Pastor Bill.
YFC Spring Break Trip YFC is making plans to return to Florida over spring break. They have booked Jeff Polen to be their speaker along with his band to provide music. The band increases the cost by $2,000. We would like to contribute $1,000 toward this cost. You can help by designating your harvest offering contribution to "YFC Trip Band."
If you are interested in reading the book, Living the Cross Centered Life, this winter, please sign up at the Welcome Center so that we can order the books. A discussion time will be announced at a later date.
You are invited to the Memorial Service for Bob Bedford on December 18 at 2 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Offering Today: PR Ministries (or Harvest offering by designation) - You can mail in your donation. Our online giving portal is on our website You can also check out how easy it is to set up giving through the Faithlife app or text. Simply text the word “GIVE” to (989)217-8181. We appreciate your generosity and flexibility.
Offering next week: PR Ministries (or Harvest Offering by designation)
Worship Leader this week: Dale Yoder
Worship Leader next week: Michael Swathwood
Fellowship Greeter this week: Lyle & Jeannie Gascho
Fellowship Greeter next week: Tonya Karpovich
Pastoral Care this week: Gerry Swartzendruber
Pastoral Care next week: Staff
Nursery this week: Emily Maust & Josiah Maurer
Nursery next week: Kim & Luke Good
Prayers for the local church
· Follow-up with the men that attended Men, Meat, the Messiah event
· Inmates that receive the Christmas packs feel loved
· Health Concerns/Situations
· Dale Ackerman - speedy recovery from hip surgery
· Janice Aldrich's family in death of her niece
· Pastor Bill - death of his father
· Carol Troyer - moved to Huron County Medical Care; uplifted spirits
· Children that experience trauma in their lives
· RI - North America - Art & Paula- Pray for Art’s ESL students, many of whom have fled difficult situations in Afghanistan, Ukraine, and Iran. Ask that they would seek God’s face in all they’ve seen.
· People in European countries, Ukraine & Russia suffering due to war & with winter dynamics