We are glad you are here, and we hope you enjoy this opportunity to worship God with us.
Join us for prayer in the conference room @ 8:45 am on Sunday Mornings
Week 4 of Advent - Love
Welcome & Prayer
Advent Candle Lighting - Brandon & Carla Yowler
Songs of Worship
Advent Drama: “Travel to Bethlehem” (Luke 2:1-4)
Message: Pastor Dave Maurer
“And This Is How We KNOW What Love Is...”
Hymns of Worship
Mission Moment: ¡Todos Amigos! Stephanie & Elaine
Live stream sign-off
Sharing and Pastoral Prayer
11 am Fellowship time
There will not be Sunday School today. Please join us for cookies during fellowship time AND then in the sanctuary for the Children's Christmas Pageant at 11:15 am
- Affirmation sheets are due at the Welcome desk
- Christmas Hymn Sing @ MI Ave. Mennonite Church, 5 pm
- Girls of Grace & Boys Club @ 5 pm
ATTENTION Parents: With the Christmas Vacation coming up, don’t forget the Church Library children section downstairs in the basement. It has lots of great wholesome books to check-out to entertain your children.
The Maurer's will be eating Christmas lunch here at Pigeon River following the morning service and invite anyone who would like to join us to bring a dish to share and join us in table fellowship as we celebrate to birth of our Savior.
It's time to make plans for staying healthy in 2023. Faithfully Fit can help you stay accountable and on track. New this year is an opportunity to set Spiritual goals as well as physical. You can choose to report any one of: weight loss, exercise, spiritual goal achieved or all three! Look for more information in your mailboxes. Sign up at the Welcome Center and pick up a goal setting sheet.
YFC Breakfast Club meets on Thursday mornings at Lakers. Your help is needed to provide food for this connecting event with the students. Here is the meal schedule link to sign up. If you have questions, please contact Pastor Bill.
YFC Spring Break Trip YFC is making plans to return to Florida over spring break. They have booked Jeff Polen to be their speaker along with his band to provide music. The band increases the cost by $2,000. We would like to contribute $1,000 toward this cost. You can help by designating your harvest offering contribution to "YFC Trip Band."
If you are interested in reading the book, Living the Cross Centered Life, this winter, please sign up at the Welcome Center so that we can order the books. A discussion time will be held on Saturday, January 28 at 4 pm in the Youth room.
Please mark your calendar for January 22nd for our Annual Celebration. That means that its report time. If you were a ministry chair or a committee leader please submit your summary report of this past year to Emily by January 8th.
You are invited to the Memorial Service for Bob Bedford today, December 18 at 2 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Offering Today: PR Ministries (or Harvest offering by designation) - You can mail in your donation. Our online giving portal is on our website You can also check out how easy it is to set up giving through the Faithlife app or text. Simply text the word “GIVE” to (989)217-8181. We appreciate your generosity and flexibility.
Offering next week: PR Ministries (or Harvest Offering by designation)
Worship Leader this week: Michael Swathwood
Worship Leader next week: Marie Maust
Fellowship Greeter this week: Tonya Karpovich
Pastoral Care this week: Staff
Pastoral Care next week: Tom & Karen Beachy
Nursery this week: Kim & Luke Good
Nursery next week: There will not be nursery on Christmas Day.
Prayers for the local church
· Grief Share participants who had completed recent session
· Inmates that have received the Christmas packs to feel loved
· Health Concerns/Situations
· Dale Ackerman - speedy recovery from hip surgery
· Janice Aldrich's family in death of her niece
· Pastor Bill - death of his father
· Carol Troyer - moved to Huron County Medical Care; uplifted spirits
· Suzanne Gascho - knee replacement surgery recovery
· Sarah Kurtz - cancer diagnosis
· RI - workers - In this holiday season, ask that God would provide opportunities for RI workers to share the true meaning of Christmas with local friends and neighbors. Pray for open hearts to hear the good news.
· People in the path of the recent tornadoes
· People in European countries, Ukraine & Russia suffering due to war & with winter dynamics