We are glad you are here, and we hope you enjoy this opportunity to worship God with us.
Join us for prayer in the conference room @ 8:45 am on Sunday Mornings
Welcome & Prayer
Songs of Worship
Scripture Reading: James 3:1-18
Message: Pastor Dave Maurer
"Mark It Up: James Three B"
Hymns of Worship
Live stream sign-off
Sharing and Pastoral Prayer
11 am Sunday School Opportunities
- Children - - Classes ages 2-5th grade in the basement
- Youth - c/o Pastor Bill Eberly in the Youth room
- Adults - 2 options
- Quarterly format studying "From Darkness to Light" Lesson 7 "God Promises to Guide" c/o Brent Maust (Conference Room)
- Balcony class will meet today c/o Phyllis Yoder
- 1:30 - 3pm Youth Choir practice
- 5 pm Girls of Grace here at the church & Boys Club @ Lyle Gascho's
Our Annual Church Celebration date has been set for next Sunday, January 22, 2023 at 11 am. Please make plans to attend this exciting time of reflecting on the past of God's faithfulness and where He is leading for our future! A potluck meal will follow our gathering. A digital version of the Annual Report book has been sent to your email. Printed copies are available for those who do not have an email address. Please take the time to see all that has happened at Pigeon River in this last year.
WinterJam 2023! An opportunity for youth & their families (or others in the church family) to attend a fun (nearly free) concert.
On January 29, we will head to Ypsilanti to attend a concert in the evening. With many Christian Bands for only $15.00 !!!!! If you are interested in going along, please contact pastor Bill for more information. We will be finalizing transportation on the week of the 22nd, so please let him know by then if you'd like to go along.
Please complete the affirmation sheet placed in your mailbox, with either your affirmation or your reservation about David Shupe serving as elder by January 22nd. Forms may be returned to Pastor Dave or one of the remaining elders. Upon your affirmation of David, he will begin serving in this role. As always, please contact one of the Leadership Team if you have any questions or concerns.
Starting in February there will be a DivorceCare weekly support group. This is a 13 week session meeting at 7 pm here at Pigeon River. Childcare is provided. If you know of someone in need of this support group please take several postcards at the Welcome Center to hand out.
Its not too late to join the Ladies Bible Study on Jeremiah. Contact Emily Maust if you would like to join us on Friday mornings from 9-10:30 am.
The Seniors are invited to the Fellowship Hall on Saturday, January 21st at 2 pm. They will be having a movie & snacks will be available.
¡Todos Amigos! Last week over 50 people gathered including 4 Hispanic families for our first ¡Todos Amigos! Our next gatherings will be on Sunday, January 22 and February 5 @ 5pm. We will still have our meal and time of table fellowship, but we will also begin classes for those who want to learn English AND those who want to learn Spanish! If you would like to make a donation to assist in offsetting the cost of workbooks ($15 each) for the classes, you may designate your donation to "Todos Amigos." We are also in need of nursery workers to watch babies during the class portion of the night. Contact Stephanie Segroves to volunteer.
You are invited to the Harvest offering disbursement meeting on Tuesday, January 17th at 7 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Offering Today: PR Ministries - You can mail in your donation. Our online giving portal is on our website You can also check out how easy it is to set up giving through the Faithlife app or text. Simply text the word “GIVE” to (989)217-8181. We appreciate your generosity and flexibility.
Offering next week: PR Ministries
Worship Leader this week: Dale Ackerman
Worship Leader next week: Barry Maust
Fellowship Greeter this week: Jon & Kim Good
Fellowship Greeter next week: Tom & Karen Beachy
Pastoral Care this week: Gerry Swartzendruber
Pastoral Care next week: Staff
Nursery this week: Maggie Maurer & Silas Maurer
Nursery next week: Leslie & Rebekah Eberly
Prayers for the local church
· Todos Amigos next Sunday - reaching & meeting those needs
· Health Concerns/Situations
· Praise for the safe arrival of Hazel Rose- proud parents Cameron & Halle Knepp; grandparents, Brian & Lisa Keim
· Linda Deming's friend, Denise - her dad passed away
· Debi Ackerman - health concerns
· Silas Aldrich - health concern
· Frank Deming - health concerns, wisdom for the doctors
· Carol Troyer
· Leslie Eberly's sister in law, Gretchen & babies
· Those in our community in difficult relationships
· Brianna Smith for her healing from seizures and for wisdom from the doctors.
· Josiah Maurer's cousin Audrey - healing
· RI - Mediterranean - Judah & Rayna -Ask that the Lord would continue to give Judah & Rayna wisdom in training their children as they face some normal parenting challenges such as complaining, arguing, and sometimes anger from their children.
· Tensions in the world among many countries
· California storm victims & Alabama tornado victims