We are glad you are here, and we hope you enjoy this opportunity to worship God with us.
Join us for prayer in the conference room @ 8:45 am on Sundays
Annual Celebration Sunday
Welcome & Prayer
Hymns of Worship
Scripture Reading: James 4:1-17
Message: Pastor Dave Maurer
"Mark It Up: James Four"
Membership Covenant Renewal
Songs of Worship
Offering: Sharing Fund
- Opening Words
- Prayer of Preparation
- The Lord’s Prayer (trespasses)
- Words of Institution
- Unison Prayer HWB #786
- Partaking of the Elements
Live stream sign-off
Sharing and Pastoral Prayer
11 am Sunday School Opportunities
- Children - - Classes ages 2-5th grade in the basement
- Adults & youth - we will gather together celebrating the ways God has led us this past year and new ways in 2023.
- Affirmation elder ballots are due
- There will be nursery available and Sunday School for children (kindergarten - 5th grade) during the Annual Church Celebration. You are invited to the potluck following the Celebration service at noon.
- 1:30 -3 pm youth choir practice
- 5 pm ¡Todos Amigos!. We will have our meal (feel free to bring a snack or dessert rather than main dishes) and time of table fellowship, but we will also begin classes for those who want to learn English AND those who want to learn Spanish! If you would like to make a donation to assist in offsetting the cost of workbooks ($15 each) for the classes, you may designate your donation to "Todos Amigos." We are also in need of nursery workers to watch babies during the class portion of the night. Contact Stephanie Segroves to volunteer.
WinterJam 2023! An opportunity for youth & their families (or others in the church family) to attend a fun (nearly free) concert.
On January 29, we will head to Ypsilanti to attend a concert in the evening. With many Christian Bands for only $15.00 !!!!! If you are interested in going along, please contact pastor Bill for more information. We will be finalizing transportation, so please let him know today if you'd like to go along.
Starting in February there will be a DivorceCare weekly support group. This is a 13 week session meeting at 7 pm here at Pigeon River on Monday evenings. Childcare is provided. If you know of someone in need of this support group please take several postcards at the Welcome Center to hand out.
Children's Activity Bags are available at the Welcome Center with some in English and others in Spanish. Kids (and parents): Check out the updated activity bags for use during Sunday morning service!
The Faithfully Fit are off to a great start this year. They have already lost a total of 76 pounds, exercised 139 hours and met 38 of their spiritual goals. Faith Fahrner is leading the Thumb Warriors and Denny Weidman is heading up the Temples. The Temples are leading in the competition so far. Check out the display in the Fellowship Hall for more details. Please report your progress to Marie.
Your church giving receipts have been emailed to you. If you haven't noticed it please check your spam mail or contact Darrel.
Offering Today: PR Ministries - You can mail in your donation. Our online giving portal is on our website You can also check out how easy it is to set up giving through the Faithlife app or text. Simply text the word “GIVE” to (989)217-8181. We appreciate your generosity and flexibility.
Offering next week: PR Ministries
Worship Leader this week: Barry Maust
Worship Leader next week: Dale Yoder
Fellowship Greeter this week: Tom & Karen Beachy
Fellowship Greeter next week: Cliff & Marie Maust
Pastoral Care this week: Staff
Pastoral Care next week: Tom & Karen Beachy
Nursery this week: Leslie & Rebekah Eberly
Nursery next week: Sarah & Mya McIntosh
Prayers for the local church
· Start of a new year/semester - being diligent doing what's right
· Health Concerns/Situations
· Michael Swathwood - lung issues due to sickness several weeks ago
· Beckie Binder - experiencing pain from shingles & close to her eye
· Debi Ackerman - health concerns
· Frank Deming - wisdom for doctors as they diagnose & treat him
· Safety for those in our congregation who travel many miles/week
· Leslie Eberly's sister in law, Gretchen & babies
· Carol Troyer - Hiatal hernia surgery, pain management
· Those in our community in difficult relationships
· RI - Latin America - Angel & Sydney -Pray for this couple as they lead the Shekinah Foundation. Ask for wisdom as they make decisions, care for their staff and the children at the Foundation, and lead their family.
· Tensions in the world among many countries