Organization • Bellingham, WA • 37 members • 56,210 followers
About this group
Join the Proclaim community to get product news and answers to your questions.
- Want to to create custom and reoccurring events with the Faithlife Calendar that you can then use in Proclaim? Learn how in the video below!Episode 12: Creating Recurring and Custom EventsLearn how to create recurring and customer events.faithlifetv.com
- Question re Digital Signage. I followed the recommendation and bought a Fire TV stick (since I couldn't figure out how to use the built-in Samsung MagicInfo player to connect to the sign feed). The feed works well with the exception that I have to manually launch the Faithlife Digital Signage app from the main menu. The last used feed auto-starts after that. I noticed other signage apps on Fire TV and many seem to provide a way to make them automatically launch themselves after boot. I have not found any kind of settings or options in the Faithlife Signage app that lets me start the feed unattended by just switching on the power. I want to make it as simple as possible so hospitality folks need only switch on power and don't need navigate the menus with the remote. Any ideas?
- About songs, specifically the third list of songs you get in Proclaim - Faithlife Hymn Database … Question - Are these ones all public domain? And a comment - It seems weirdly ironic that Faithlife's own set of lyrics don't load by default with author attribution and copyright fields filled. Could that be rectified?
Lance Lawton — EditedThanks, Justin. Yes I am finding something different. I haven't picked from that list often for various reasons. But I did recently, and the fields at the bottom were all blank. In case it matters, the actual hymn was "Stand Up, and Bless the Lord", for which the author is James Montgomery. (But I had to find that detail elsewhere). Apart from the author, there's the copyright as well. That may well be "Public domain" in every case. But it seems silly to have to manually type that in, when the software we're using is Faithlife's own product.
- It's a minor point. But it seems worth the comment, given that one purpose of an app like Proclaim is to minimise manual editing for time efficiency.
- Tech Tuesday: Transcribe Your Sermon Audio AutomaticallyAutomatic sermon transcription in Faithlife Proclaim means you can do more with your sermon, without investing any extra time. In two clicks you can turn your audio into a manuscript, allowing you to: Automatically pair text with audio for closed captioning Use your transcripts for blog posts, social media, or book manuscripts Search, tag, and Read moreblog.proclaimonline.com
- We record our messages on Sunday with a Sony AX53 4K Handycam. Is there a way I can feed a copy of the presentation to the camera so when I'm recording the Pastor I can have it switch over and record the slides for a few minutes then have it go back to the Pastor to record him again. I've been adding the slide text in post, but thought it would be easier if I could integrate with the live video. I hope that makes sense.
- Greg Davidson, this one actually might be a better choice for you. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1318041-REG/blackmagic_design_swatemtvstu_hd_atem_television_studio_hd.html?sts=piBlackmagic DesignATEM Television Studio HDBuy Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio HD featuring 8-Channel SDI/HDMI Switcher, NTSC/PAL, HD, Computer Signal Compatible 10-Channel Digital Audio Mixer. Review Blackmagic Design ATEMwww.bhphotovideo.com
- The ATEM can be controlled with the buttons on the front or using software so you don't necessarily have to get a controller. If you choose to opt for the software control that won't take many resources on your computer since it's just controlling it. The switcher itself is doing the heavy lifting.
- Ok, great. That one seems nicer too since I don't have to have it rack mounted.
- if i duplicate a presentation will it create a new Digital Bulletin with that duplication?
- Is it okay to publish ahead of time and can you save over a published item
- I published and it still shows under Digital Signage an old wording about "Joy Fellowship" That slide had been deleted and it's still showing up about it. Also When i open digital Signage, it will not let me view any digital bulletin, it is grayed out.
- Not sure the best place to post this but since its regarding a set of slides I thought this was the best. Is there a set of slides I can use to display the full capabilities of the Faithlife "Suite" in a concise manner? I have seen some Follow Along slides in the Media Library and slides about a link to Faithlife group. What I'd like is a set, like 3-4 slides that quickly explains Faithlife Study Bible and follow along capabilities, Group capabilities such as notes about how to find bulletins and other group capabilities on the church site or Faithlife group. As well as some pictorial icons for App Stores, etc. I want to basically introduce the church to the suite of Faithlife apps and sites through a few slides that can run for several Sundays.
- Thanks Justin. Yes I think this would go a long way to easing a congregation into the offerings and letting them take advantage of everything.
- Would a video justify instead? I'm making tutorial videos and I could break them into topics and sub topics.
- Matt - I suppose it would, but in our case I'd like to have something purely visual with no audio, as Id be running it before and after service.
- Finally repaired a cable going to our front screen last week so we could use confidence monitor on the rear screen instead of them being mirrored. But we had a video accompaniment track for use during the offering yesterday, and it didn't play on the confidence monitor. So we had to go back to the rear monitor showing the full slides. Is there a way to show a video on the confidence monitor that I'm missing? Or a way to switch for one element of the service without having to go off air and switch it in the display settings and then doing that again to switch it back? Thanks in advance.
- Hi Brian Teague, video playback is currently not available in the confidence monitor so the only workaround would be to switch the "Slides" output like you did. We are receiving some feedback about making video playback be a feature in confidence monitor so that may be a feature update in the near future. I would encourage you to post your feedback here: https://proclaim.uservoice.com/forums/137112-generalGeneral: Hot (154 ideas) – Customer Feedback for ProclaimGeneral I suggest you ... You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas. There are two ways to get more votes: When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea. You can remove your votes…proclaim.uservoice.com
- First time using sermon recording. Everything went well and the sermon recorded beautifully. When I try to edit the starting point the blue line will move to the right to select a starting point. It will not let me move it left to start at an earlier point.
Slav Pakhnyuk (Faithlife) — EditedHi Jim heffinger, is the blue line at the beginning of the sermon at about 0 seconds on the time line? If so, it sounds like you may have reached the beginning of the recording. Please see the attached screenshot for reference. If it's not at 0 seconds, you can try zooming in on the wave form and scrolling up/down while hovering over it. Then you can try scrolling to the beginning using the scroll bar below the waveform.
- So we recored our sermon as usual. Waited for the it to be all synced up and shut down the computer. The message is showing under the recording on my home machine but when I go to upload it will not work. Images below
- Thanks Samuel we have it a very long time and I even synched it more than once
- Had the same issue tonight. Went to the computer where it was recorded and published the sermon, then I could pull it up from my home cpu.
- Our current practice to give our relatively slow uplink the necessary time to sync the audio into the cloud is to momentarily go off-air at the end of the service section, which opens up the recording for editing, and go back on-air from the beginning of the post-service loop. This gives the computer more than enough time to upload the audio during the half hour or so of post-service fellowship time.
- Does anyone know why the confidence timer doesn't show in the "Confidence" view on the Proclaim App? I'm using an iPad and would like for the confidence timer to show in this view.
- Hello Joe Lamb, At the moment, the Proclaim remote app will only receive static images and text. We do hope to expand it's functionality in the future, so any other recommendations that you want to share here or on our UserVoice page are much appreciated!General: Hot (154 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Proclaimproclaim.uservoice.com
- A hot idea might also be to have web-based confidence and note views (à la OpenLP) which require no app to view. I'm sure the mechanism behind digital signage could make that happen— or a mini web server built into Proclaim. And to expand on this web server, a web-based portal that allows nursery and sunday school volunteers to issue a parent call directly to Proclaim via mobile browser (à la ProPresenter).