Organization • Bellingham, WA • 34 members • 46,436 followers
About this group
Follow Proclaim on Faithlife for free church media, product news, exclusive offers, and answers to your questions.
- Box Fill And ShapesWatch "Box Fill And Shapes" on Faithlife TV, the premier video library for everyone—students, kids, families, and Bible enthusiasts.faithlifetv.com
- Disaster Recovery: Yesterday was our first Sunday going live with Proclaim. We have been using Mediashout for the past 15 years or so. But we have made the switch to Proclaim. Everything went great except for one mishap that brought up some questions about potential disasters. The person operating the presentation thought she was going to delete a single slide for a song, like she had done a hundred times before with Mediashout, and instead, deleted the entire song from the presentation. She froze in panic at that point, not knowing how to undo what she had just done. "Undo" didn't do anything. Fortunately, she had "deleted" by using a "Cut" command, so I was able to "Paste" the song back into the presentation for her, and everything was back to normal. This incident brings up some questions about how to recover from accidental deletions and other mishaps. If she had used "Delete" instead of "Cut" how would we have been able to recover the song in the presentation? (Proclaim's support of "Undo" is inconsistent and not available in many situations.) A related issue has to do with the vulnerability of presentations to team members making unwanted or unintentional changes. Does Proclaim keep an automatic backup copy of a presentation we can "Revert" to, or something similar? I'm not talking about making a backup of a presentation for archiving. I'm talking about an in-the-moment reverting to the version of a file from a few minutes earlier type of thing.
- Not intending to be critical or picky, because I think Proclaim is generally fantastic and a huge improvement over what we were using before, however to continue the discussion... The Undo function does not behave in the general expected way. I just tested it. If I delete an item from the service slide section by hitting the delete key, the item is deleted. If I immediately then press ctrl+z to undo that delete, nothing happens. I have to first click again in the service slide area and then hit ctrl+z or select Undo from the right-click menu. That required second click again in the service slide area before ctrl+z works is a non-standard behavior. I'm sure that is what tripped up my operator. On the topic of Undo, I note that the Undo is only one level deep. Since there is no Revert command, a good compromise would be a multi-level Undo. Thanks
- Hello , It's more than one level deep, you may have to keep re-selecting a particular section of the program to go back several undos. While it is non-standard, the reasoning is there are several different areas of the program you may want to undo your last change, and this prevents accidentally making changes in area you didn't intend to.
- Nice! That is a huge help! I will share that info to the rest of the group. There will be much rejoicing.
- I have two laptops each loaded with Proclaim. But they will not sync with each other even after I press the 'save and sync' button. Any suggestions?
- If they're not signed in with the same account, that's ok too. You just need to make sure each account has the right permissions. This might help: https://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/205091135-Proclaim-Group-Basics-Group-AdministratorsProclaim Group Basics: Group AdministratorsWhat is a Group Administrator? If you’re the one who created your group, you are now the group administrator. As the administrator, you can invite new members to the group, or approve pending mem...support.proclaimonline.com
- Hi Justin. Yes, it's the same account and both computers have green check marks. It has been working in the past but won't work now.
- Hello , Could you send us logs from both computers? Go to Help > Save Log Files in Proclaim, and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am trying to solve a problem with renewing our subscription, but selecting a different presentation group than before. Our monthly subscription used to be connected to the "Harvest Fellowship's presentation group" and when I upgraded and renewed to an annual subscription, I selected a different group than before titled, "Harvest Fellowship Stevens". Everything "seemed" fine on Sunday, but my son who does the presenting, informed me that all our CCLI songs that we had downloaded and customized were GONE which is a pretty big deal. I know I had to backup our previous service set from the old group and I imported it into the new group, but all of our songs are gone. What is the best solution? Is there a way to recover those songs from the old presentation group and import them into the new group? That would be ideal or would we be able to re-associate our current subscription with the old presentation group? Any help before Sunday would be most appreciated.
- Hello , We may be able to port over those songs for you, but would you rather just have subscription transferred over to your original group? We could do that for you as well.
- What is the best way to set up a slide for something like baptism where you want to click on the slide conditionally based on baptism occurring and have it not transition. It seems like it shouldn’t be in the pre or post service loops. Should I be using another presentation? I’m still trying to figure out the proclaim way of doing things. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
- Wondering if custom quick screens is the normal way of doing this but I have more than two slides I need to use like this and it seems like you can only add two custom quick screens.
- Since you can run through Proclaim non linearly, I would just put them in the correct spot in the order of service. You could even make a grouping for them (right click the service items and hit group) And just choose to skip them if and when you need. Currently, you cannot switch Proclaim presentations while on air so you will want to have all the slides in one presentation.
- You could add it as a Quick Screen.
- Concerning MIDI control, have ye any documentation on MIDI commands applicable to lighting that Proclaim can transmit? It'll help me identify usable DMX512 controllers that can execute scene changes from the commands.
- Hello , This article might provide some help: https://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004227086-Lighting-Scenes If you have a device in mind you're interested in, you can post it and we'll gladly take a look at it to make sure it's compatible.Lighting ScenesNever forget to bring the house lights back up after a video again. Use Proclaim to control your stage lighting automatically. Proclaim can even match the lights to the color of the current slide! ...support.proclaimonline.com
- Is there a way to use multiple video backgrounds with different parts of a song? For example, 1 background for the verses, another for choruses, another for the bridge. I thought I had seen that this was possible, but now can't find it. Thanks in advance.
- Hi. I have just embedded our soundfaith page into our website. I have a couple of questions. On the download button there is the option to download the audio and the video but not the pdf. Can the pdf also be an option to download directly from the embedded page? I know they can do it from the soundfaith page proper but it's not actually all that intuitive to click on the leaf to do that. And besides, the leaf is only visible once you start streaming the video. It would be nice if the embedded player had the option to stream video, stream audio or read text as well as the option to download all 3. And if you are going to need to go to the full soundfaith page for all options it would be nice to have that link visible without having to start streaming. Next, if you want to select a sermon other than the most recent, is it possible to select that without it automatically starting to stream the video. For example i might have wanted to select it so that I could download the audio for listening later. Also I'm wondering if we can turn off the sermon tone analysis on the full soundfairth page. Maybe we allow the admins to see that but I'm not sure if it is helpful for the public. More of a distraction from the message I would say. Thanks.
- Is there a way for my Kids Ministry Volunteers to put a kids number on the screen without access to the "on air" computer? For example could they access that from a computer back in the kids rooms through one of the apps?
- How often does that update? Is it every 30 seconds, minute, 10 minutes, etc. We tested it and we waited about 2 minutes with no new message notification, we had to go and click the messages option to get the new one to load which defeats the purpose.
- Also, is this something that could be added to the Proclaim Remote app at some point in the near future?
- , I'll bring up the feature request for you and look into how often the messaging system updates.
- How do I do a manual update on Proclaim?
- Having issue connecting to planning center. Will not sync with proclaim.
- Hello , In the upper-right corner of Proclaim, click on your user icon and go to "Link your Accounts". Try re-linking your Planning Center account, and verifying that everything is accessible on the web as well.