- Haircut time at Hope Now! Job ready.
- Book Excerpt
This struck me as funny:
“There is nothing unnatural in a crying child, and the manly grief of a broken heart excites the one’s sympathy but to see a parcel of great big Indians standing together and blubbering like babies with great big tears streaming down their swarthy faces because they had lost their horses, struck everyone as supremely ridiculous.”
Journal entry by Colonel Gibbon, U.S. Army, after band of Cheyennes raided their camp and stole the horses of the Crow Indian scouts, May 1776.
Stewart, Edgar I., Custer’s Luck. University of Oklahoma Press. 1955
- — EditedI was a 17-year- old kid. My dad came to the dock to say goodbye to his son who was leaving for six months at sea; on my way to Antarctica. 1972. United States Coast Guard! #USCG. Funny, I don't remember my dad being so short! Today is Veterans Day 2018. Keeping America Safe and Free!
- We should be very happy dinosaurs are extinct. Their little cousins are a big enough problem. Giant lizard in Florida captured months after terrorizing family, evading capture: 'Everybody is relieved' https://www.foxnews.com/science/giant-lizard-in-florida-captured-months-after-terrorizing-family-evading-capture
- This article is several months the old, but it is still very cool! Archaeological Evidence for Prophet Isaiah | The Institute for Creation ResearchArchaeological Evidence for Prophet IsaiahRecently, Israeli archaeologist Eilat Mazar and her team made a stunning discovery during excavations in Jerusalem. It provides strong support for the reality of Isaiah and his Old Testament world. filler filler fillerfiller filler fillerfiller filler fillerfiller filler fillerfiller filler fillerfiller filler filler filler filler filler Digging at the base of the southern wall of the Temple Mount, the team found a clay seal bearing Isaiah’s name. Mazar provided a transliteration of thwww.icr.org
- — EditedAny freedom we enjoy must be defended and fought for. Freedom doesn't come naturally. Law-lovers lurk behind every corner. This principle is correct both spiritually and temporally. We stay spiritually strong and on the alert for law-lovers by reading the Word of God, denying ourselves and following Jesus daily. We stand strong in the physical world by defending our Christian faith and Biblical principles via the ballot box. Every vote should be cast prayerfully, and each issue or candidate selected based on a Christian Worldview. It is the duty of every Christian to vote--God has placed us in a country where we have that right, privilege and responsibility. What if you did not register to vote? You can still do it by going to the Registrar of Voters and filing a "conditional ballot". Brandi L. Orth, County Clerk/Registrar of Voters 2221 Kern Street Fresno, CA 93721 (559) 600-8683 (559) 488-3279 Fax Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.fresnovote.com http://www.fresnovote.comCounty Clerk/Registrar of Voters | County of FresnoHello! Welcome to the Fresno County Clerk website. I’m Brandi Orth, Fresno County Clerk and Registrar of Voters. We developed this website to provide instant access to many common services for individuals and businesses.www.fresnovote.com
- This is another reason why Christians need to vote out liberals who deny God's plan for one man and one woman. Vote conservative.University Puts Religious Freedom on Trial, Punishes Christian Professor Over Transgender PronounsA philosophy professor in Ohio filed a lawsuit against his university on Monday for punishing him after he refused to refer to a transgender student according to their preferred gender pronoun.www1.cbn.com
- — EditedGood or Bad
There are lots of rewards programs. I am a part of many. I get hotel rewards, car rental rewards, grocery shopping rewards, on and on they go. Did you know there are eternal rewards? Yes, God rewards believers. 2 Corinthians 5:10 tells us,
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, jthat each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
Believers are going to receive something from the Lord according to the good we have done, but what about the bad? The bad part is usually ignored or denied, but there will be bad consequences for some believers at the judgment seat of Christ.
Paul feared disqualification. Not disqualification from eternal life (we can never lose that!), but disqualification from all the privileges that would otherwise have been granted to a believer who had served Christ faithfully during his life.
Again, it's not about salvation, but what could it be? Why even find out. Sign up for the Rewards Program of serving Jesus. Serve the Lord today. Be rewarded by Him tomorrow.
- — EditedA Christian Privilege
It is that time of year. Election time. As a Christian pastor, I believe it is important for all Christians to vote consevative (forget the terms Democrats or Republicans). Here are some reasons why…notice I am not anti anything!
1. I am pro-life. That means I do not believe abortion should be an option. We should teach self-control and sex only between married couples.
2. I am pro-marriage between one man and one woman. The government should build up the family as God designed it, not tear it down.
3. I am pro-gun ownership. If our government ever demands citizens turn in their guns, only the law-abiding citizens will do it. Guns are not the problem, sin is.
4. I am pro-low taxes. The less regulations we have, the less taxes. The more money we have in our pockets the more we can give to the Lord’s work.
5. I am pro-legal immigration. My grandparents were immigrants. I never knew my grandfather, but was close to my grandmother. She spoke with a very strong accent after learning English. I can still hear her voice. My dad was a first generation American. The more new citizens the merrier, but they have to come into our country through a legal process. There must be order.
Those are just some, but they are the big ones. The Democrat party is “anti” all of the the above. They want the exact opposite of what I am voting for. Christians need to have a say in how our society functions. I for one would like my grandchildren and their children to grow up on a land where Biblbical values are honored. When Christians do not vote with a Biblical worldview we allow Satan to get a foothold into the lives our families. Don't let that happen. Be a conservative voter.
- Join the Bible Reading Plan as we begin a new book of the Old Testament: Ruth.Pastor Roger’s Word in the World Bible Reading Plan - FaithlifeToday we encounter the beautiful book of Ruth. It is refreshing after the horror of Judges.I like this description of the book of Ruth, story of grace, from the book Simply By Grace:“The account of Ruth helps us visualize what grace means. Three times in chapter 2, Ruth refers to finding favor with a man named Boaz (vv. 2, 10, 13). To appreciate what this means we must know that Ruth was a starving Gentile Moabite widow—a loser on four counts in the eyes of the Jews. She traveled to Israel with her mother-in-law, Naomi, to find food and help. Ruth goes to the fields to glean leftover heads of grain, hoping to find food and perhaps favor with Boaz, the very rich landowner. Boaz notices her and offers her his fields to glean, his protection, water, food, and eventually his hand in marriage. The rich Boaz stooped to help the lowly Ruth in her desperate need. But his grace was not just metered in meals, it was lavished in love."This is how God lavishes His grace on us. We come to Him empty handed and He stoops to us in our desperate need.Bing, Charles C.. Simply by Grace: An Introduction to God's Life-Changing Gift (p. 17). Kregel Publications. Read Ruth 1:1 - 4:22faithlife.com