- Why wait for the New Year to begin reading through your Bible? It is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path. You need that now! Why not grab your Bible and join in each day--you'll be encouraged and will grow in your Christian walk. Click below and get started!Pastor Roger’s Word in the World Bible Reading PlanImmerse yourself into the Word of God each day.faithlife.com
- — EditedIn Biblical times world powers would rise and fall. It still happens today. This graph shows it in action. Keep your eye on China. Fascinating. A reason to buy “Made in USA” products. Gross domestic product (GDP) is the monetary value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country's borders in a specific time period.Rita Panahi on Twitter“Fascinating. https://t.co/MPV12RFdLb”twitter.com
- — EditedThe Making of a Reprobate Mind
When you drop your Sword (i.e. stop reading the Bible with consistency each day), you have no way to attack the spiritual forces in heavenly places (Ephesians 6:12). All you can do is try and defend. Since you have no way of attacking, the devil hits other parts of your armor, like your shield of faith, and pounds away at your breastplate of righteousness until he pierces through. He wears you down. It's just a matter of time before he cuts off your belt of truth. You are so worn out you give up and slip into a reprobate mind--And the battle is lost.
Do you know what reprobate means? It's not pretty. Here are some synonyms: degenerate, wicked, immoral, shameless, debased, carnal. You get the idea. Sunday we will look at a typical path toward a reprobate mind...don't miss it!
- — EditedUpdate on Sreyna. None of the surgeons in Phnom Penh were comfortable (from past experience, yikes!) operating on her. If you think your medical care is lacking in the U.S., move to Cambodia; It is virtually non-existent for major surgery. Therefore, they will be taking her to Thailand where there is a surgeon who specializes in dermoid cysts. That is good news. Thailand has state of the art medical care.
- Wow! Something we take for granted. Especially having Valley Children’s right here. I pray she can get the cyst removed successfully in Thailand. This hits close to home since Revere just had this procedure done!!!
- — EditedSix Principles of Personal Preparation for Bible Study
Studying the Bible is hard work. It will not happen magically. Turning to a verse and reading it is profitable, but reading a verse is not studying the Bible. Here are some principles for personal preparation for Bible study.
1. Believe in Jesus Christ. Seems like common sense, but has to be said. "The natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him" (1 Corinthians 2:14).
2. Accept that the Bible is Divinely Inspired. The Bible claims to be divinely inspired (2 Timothy 3:16-17). This doesn't require a leap of faith, just mere acceptance of the fact that the Bible is true and accurate.
3. Pray. Prayer is necessary to understand Scripture. You have to pray, you must pray, you've gotta pray! This step is often skipped. It could be you spend more time in prayer than in the study itself.
4. Study Diligently and Have Patience. Many passages are difficult to understand. Read through the book of Hebrews and you will see what I mean. "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15).
5. Consistently Confess Your Sins. How can you possibly study the Holy Word of God if you have unconfessed sin? Why would you do that anyway? Confess. (1 John 1:6-10)
6. Be Willing to Live God's Will. "If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority." (John 7:17). If you are just trying to get smarter, and not desiring a closer relationship with our Lord, the knowledge you gain will be lacking and distorted.
Oh, and one more bonus principle; Turn off your phone!
- — EditedSreyna and her mother showed up to Phnom Penh, even though they had some apprehension (could they trust strangers?). Mout and Dr. Tom were there to greet them. We are praying for a successful surgery. Update: They have decided to reschedule after consultation. A date is pending for Sreyna to return to the city. We will keep you updated here on the date and progress.
- — EditedOur Hope Now men in Cambodia have been traveling to the villages in the rural provinces with Dr. Tom Johnson. He is teaching them to assist him with things like taking blood pressure, recording results, and general task that need to be done. Plus they hand out Christian tracts for the people to read while they wait for medical attention. So many people come to the clinics where they get medical help and are introduced to Jesus Christ for the first time. One little girl, only 17-years-old was born with a dermoid cyst between her eyes. A small a cyst can be removed in a matter of minutes, but without medical attention, this is what happens. She came to our recent medical clinic outreach where Dr. Tom and the team decided to bring her to Phnom Penh to get proper surgery. Her name is SreyNa, which means "beautiful". Yet sadness exudes from her eyes. Can we even imagine what it would be like for a young girl to go through this? The teasing and ostracizing? She has never been to school and hides out in her house. Mout shared the good news of Jesus with her and told her the Lord could make her beautiful. She wept. Yesterday, Dr. Tom found a clinic in Phnom Penh with 11 surgeons on staff. It is brand new and opened this week. By God's grace and answered prayer, the clinic will perform the operation on her for free. She is traveling to Phnom Penh tonight, December 5 (Pacific Standard Time) from the village where she lives. Dr. Tom and Mout will pick her up from the taxi station. Please pray for peace and comfort for the young girl as it is her first time in the city. Pray for the surgeon's hand to be guided by our Lord. I will keep you updated on the results. It is wonderful what new ministries the Lord has brought to us. Praise the Lord!+ 1
- — Edited